Leaked video of Nintendo's next gen console, i.e. Nintendo Feel.

• 51 results
#1 Posted by Positrark (316 posts) -

So a new video has leaked showing the Nintendo Feel console and blueprints of the rumored screen controller. The video is supposedly from an internal demonstration for developers/press. The video appears legit, so what do you guys think of the design.

#2 Posted by BonOrbitz (2173 posts) -

I believe it's legit, but I don't believe it's the final console design. Aren't dev kits quite different from the final product?

#3 Edited by Positrark (316 posts) -

Could be, but if it's for press as well, it might be the final design. The blueprints look pretty slick.

#4 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

I call fake.
But the person in the camera kinda looks like Reggie.

#5 Posted by probablytuna (3547 posts) -

Guess we'll know for sure at E3.

#6 Posted by Positrark (316 posts) -

Could be, but if so it's a pretty elaborate fake.

#7 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -

There isn't much there people haven't known/guessed already.

#8 Posted by Law313 (110 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
I call fake.But the person in the camera kinda looks like Reggie.
Good eyes bro. I would be willing to bet thats Reggie blocking the camera. I hope the controller doesnt look like that. Looks like a Gamecube controller with a screen in the middle. Ugh.
#9 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

E3 is in 3 weeks, we can wait. For now, I'm saying legit

#10 Edited by Grumbel (910 posts) -

The problem with this video is that it looks more like an university lecture hall then a place where Nintendo would hold a presentation. So probability for this being a few students having fun doing a fake is rather high. Also where is the audio?

#11 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I do not like the look of that controller - not one bit. Still hoping this is fake.

#12 Posted by Blair (2500 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
I do not like the look of that controller - not one bit. Still hoping this is fake.
The name is also similarly dumb.  This has "gimmick" written all over it.
#13 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I'm going to say it's legit.  

#14 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

Looks real to me but you really never know until E3.

#15 Posted by Hailinel (23927 posts) -
@Grumbel said:
The problem with this video is that it looks more like an university lecture hall then a place where Nintendo would hold a presentation. So probability for this being a few students having fun doing a fake is rather high. Also where is the audio?
Some offices, including the one that I work at, have conference rooms that are set up in an almost classroom-like style so that presentations can be given to large numbers of employees at once.

As for whether this is real or not, it could be.  On the other hand, a small shot of a possible dev unit and diagrams of the console and controller don't really reveal much else of what's already been passed around online.
#16 Posted by ajamafalous (11857 posts) -

I feel like it could just as easily be either.

#17 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

"Feel" is such a terrible name for a console. Seriously. "Cafe" is better. Even "Cafeel", but that would be pushing it too far.

#18 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
@Grumbel said:
Some offices, including the one that I work at, have conference rooms that are set up in an almost classroom-like style so that presentations can be given to large numbers of employees at once.As for whether this is real or not, it could be.  On the other hand, a small shot of a possible dev unit and diagrams of the console and controller don't really reveal much else of what's already been passed around online.
The pictures that are put on the wall look like the same that where "Leaked' before. Wouldnt the ones shown off to Devs be more detailed? 
#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (36048 posts) -

That's...underwhelming. The video's pretty crap, I can't see anything of value from the presentation, and the design of the console itself doesn't look that good, even if its rounded design lends it an air of familiarity.

#20 Posted by BonOrbitz (2173 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
"Feel" is such a terrible name for a console. Seriously. "Cafe" is better. Even "Cafeel", but that would be pushing it too far.
Heh. Maybe it's the Nintendo Fiil?
#21 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

N64 controller + Dreamcast controller + lower half of the DS?

Looks kind of awkward, but so did the Wiimote and the DS before they were launched.
#22 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

Fake or not, I am not going to indulge myself with rumors and speculation. E3 is where its at and Nintendo will reveal everything there.

#23 Posted by Brendan (7695 posts) -

I don't really care at this point.  We'll know for sure in just a few weeks so any leaked info is kind of inconsequential.

#24 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Blair said:
@benjaebe said:
Welcome to Nintendo, you must be new here.
#25 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I love the idea of Nintendo family consoles all having vaguely sexual names.

#26 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@RiotBananas said:
@Blair said:
@benjaebe said:
irrelevant market whining about Nintendo, part 145
#27 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
@RiotBananas said:
@Blair said:
@benjaebe said:
irrelevant market whining about Nintendo, part 145
Ryanwho Nintendo Defense Force obligatory defensive comment #692
#28 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

lets wait to find out to see what it looks like. i'm sure it's going to be a good looking design though.

#29 Posted by Maluvin (264 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
I actually think it's a pretty good name from a marketing perspective if you want to convey quickly to the non-hardcore (yes, I hate that term) the alleged general idea behind the experience.
#30 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
@RiotBananas said:
@Blair said:
@benjaebe said:
So given the history up this point, you're saying that is a bad thing?
#31 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
@RiotBananas said:
@Blair said:
@benjaebe said:
Not at all, gimmicks sell to the imbeciles willing to buy them. 
#32 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
@RiotBananas said:
@Kjellm87 said:
@RiotBananas said:
@Blair said:
@benjaebe said:
More than that really, keep in mind that Nintendo has done a lot that has inspired other developers to form the industry into what it is today, motion controls was so-so, but handheld with touch and two screens is genius.
HIt and miss really, but relevant in many ways. 
#33 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
@RiotBananas said:
@Kjellm87 said:
@RiotBananas said:
@Blair said:
@benjaebe said:
More than that really, keep in mind that Nintendo has done a lot that has inspired other developers to form the industry into what it is today, motion controls was so-so, but handheld with touch and two screens is genius.HIt and miss really, but relevant in many ways. 
The industry what it is today is filled with a lot on unnecessary bullshit.
#34 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
@RiotBananas said:
@Kjellm87 said:
@RiotBananas said:
@Kjellm87 said:
@RiotBananas said:
@Blair said:
@benjaebe said:
More than that really, keep in mind that Nintendo has done a lot that has inspired other developers to form the industry into what it is today, motion controls was so-so, but handheld with touch and two screens is genius.HIt and miss really, but relevant in many ways. 
The industry what it is today is filled with a lot on unnecessary bullshit.
Like D-pad and Control stick?
#35 Edited by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

Looks like someone made a video in an empty classroom.

Also, why wouldn't this have sound?  I don't see many cameras without a mic.  If you were faking a video you would have nothing to actually say, so that's sort of convenient.

#36 Posted by Positrark (316 posts) -

Only E3 will tell I guess.

#37 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@RiotBananas said:
@Kjellm87 said:
@RiotBananas said:
@Blair said:
@benjaebe said:
Riot's like "women and anyone who doesn't eat hot pockets is an imbecile". Poor thing. Gimmick is code for "requires friends in the room" and that's why it makes you so angry.
#38 Posted by TromboneTony (156 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
Isn't that what everyone said about "Wii"? I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't use a dumb name at this point.
#39 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@ryanwho: I don't want friends in the same room as me, stood up playing shitty minigames. I want to be sat on Vent playing proper games with my friends over Steam. Without friendcodes.

Pull Nintendo's cock out of your mouth for a few posts man.
#40 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Women are a big part of this casual market you have such vitriol for. You need to get your kooty shot already, dude.

#41 Posted by DeeGee (2115 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
Riot's like "women and anyone who doesn't eat hot pockets is an imbecile". Poor thing. Gimmick is code for "requires friends in the room" and that's why it makes you so angry.
I agree with this man :D

Anybody who thinks themselves too cool to get some friends together and play some dumb fun games prolly doesn't have any friends to do it with.
#42 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -
@TromboneTony said:
@JoeyRavn said:
Isn't that what everyone said about "Wii"? I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't use a dumb name at this point.
Maybe, but if they are trying to recapture their "hardcore" audiences, using a name that screams "GIMMICKS!" isn't going to help them at all.
#43 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -
@ryanwho said:

I wonder how expensive a set of those controllers will be, though.
If you have to invest hundreds of bucks for a few more controllers, it's really not for parties anymore.

edit: I don't this is fake, at all. Looks very real to me.
#44 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -
@akiz_jack said:
This...this could be a fake and besides, I am sure Nintendo would make a better-looking console than that.
#45 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
@mnzy said:
@ryanwho said:
I wonder how expensive a set of those controllers will be, though.If you have to invest hundreds of bucks for a few more controllers, it's really not for parties anymore.
Yeah, but I think people forget that Nintendo used motion-controls in their more traditional games too, Pullstars/ Starbits in Mario Galaxy, aiming in Zelda etc...
My experience is that it was pretty awesome as long they didn't overused it.
#46 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I''m not sure what to make of it really, I like the idea of a new Nintendo console but a controller with a screen on it looks and sounds really dumb.

Just remake the damned GameCube already.

#47 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

LOL at thinking this is real, could it look any faker? I guess nintendo holds their developer showings at college classrooms now

#48 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

I hope that is not the final name. Nintendo always seems to change the name of its consoles before they are released so lets hope that "Feel" is not final...

#49 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

Hoping this is fake, the controller looks awful.

#50 Posted by probablytuna (3547 posts) -
@shadowknight508 said:
@akiz_jack said:
This...this could be a fake
Are you telling me that E3 is a lie? :O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.