Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Wii U is anyone behind this thing? yes or no and why.

• 113 results
    Snowsprite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Snowsprite

If they keep putting out Xenoblades and Last Stories and Donkey Kong Returns and Guilty Gears and Muramasas and Klonoas then yes

bixer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bizarrely, I'd possibly argue Nintendo usually find themselves in the best position out of the three. Most people tend to choose either the new Playstation or the new XBox, but barely anyone will get both. Regardless of their choice though, many people will also buy the new Nintendo console because it's different enough to warrant a purchase.

The Wii U isn't doing that great right now, but just wait until the new Zelda, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. games come out, and suddenly it's sales will skyrocket. I know I for one will be buying one then.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope. I haven't cared about Nintendo franchises since I was in middle school about 20 years ago. The specs for the machine were also designed to catch up to the PS3 and X360 without surpassing them in any meaningful way which just seemed ass backwards and short sighted since their more powerful replacements were only a year away. The whole console smelled of greed to me. They made a hail mary pass with the Wii and won. I think they thought they could do it again because they believe gamers will buy anything with Mario and Zelda in it even if it is made out of outdated bargain bin parts. They lost that bet this time. The damn thing is underselling the Vita of all things.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

my cousin has 3 boys ranging from 4-11, and they are NOT buying a Wii U, they have 4 ipads, 3 3DS, 6 DS, 1 Wii, PS3 and 360. They eat, sleap and dream everything Mario and Luigi.... And No Wii U. I'm surprised, they are tech smart, but gone through at least 30 Wiimotes. I mean I understand, they are the embodiment of why those warning screens load up, but I mean it says a lot about the system when the kids who pretty much embody everything nintendo and they are skipping it says a lot.

Gregoric399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing against the WiiU

It just doesn't have what I'm looking for right now.

However, if the prices drop then it might be worth picking one up once some nintendo classics have been released.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

All they need to do to get me to buy one is put out something like this. They've done it for every portable generation until the DS, Sony's doing it, I wish Nintendo would as well.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've had a lot of fun with my Wii U so far, and Mario is one of the last games of the year I'm really looking forward to.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Got mine at launch, and I've enjoyed plenty of games for it, so I have no reason to complain. 3D World should be a great capper for the year, and next year has plenty to look foward to, so hey!

xx_kells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got one a couple days ago, after watching Brad and Vinny's QL of Wind Waker, but I'm not sure what else is out on the horizon besides that. Mario games of any kind I have 0 interest in and another Zelda game isn't coming to Wii U for some time.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm coming around on it. The thing seemed real lame from the start, and its lackluster launch didn't help. I'm still uninterested in the whole tablet thing (besides using to play without a TV), but seeing that new Mario game has got me craving some Nintendo goodness.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Nintendo do stupid things. They don't drop the price worldwide, they pack in Super Mario Bros U and Super Luigi U INSTEAD of 3D World, they drip feed Virtual Console games... All of these issues could be fixed.

All I need is a good solid price drop and I'm on board.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not right now since I don't have one, but I think in time I will. I like Nintendo, and I think they make great games. The third party support I believe will be a challenge and will be unfortunate if we don't see much on that side of things because then we're just left with a few Nintendo titles, and as great as they can be, it may not be enough.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm still waiting for Gamecube 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.