Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

A "Madworld" Franchise?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Ha, I totally wasn't aware that game had much of a story, much less characters to get attached to.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Anything they make should be good. As long as they don't gimp the PAL version again.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    TooWalrus said:
    "Ha, I totally wasn't aware that game had much of a story, much less characters to get attached to."
    Yeah, its pretty suprising when you play it and realize that the story, while not super deep, is well beyond what the action genre usually produces.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By toowalrus
    AgentJ said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "Ha, I totally wasn't aware that game had much of a story, much less characters to get attached to."
    Yeah, its pretty suprising when you play it and realize that the story, while not super deep, is well beyond what the action genre usually produces.
    "
    I haven't bought a Wii yet, so the only thing I knew about this game was really "Dude, Black Barron."
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    TooWalrus said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "
    I haven't bought a Wii yet, so the only thing I knew about this game was really "Dude, Black Barron.""
    LOL! The Black Barron is friggin awesome, if *spoilers* kind of an easy final boss.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

Oh! You asshole! Ha, nah, just kidding.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru

If they can fix all of the problems that MadWorld has, which I think they can do, then I would certainly want a sequel or more.

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scorched

I don't really see Mad World being a popular or good franchise

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By ArcBorealis

Platinum Games, I think, share alot in common with my alltime favorite independant developer, Treasure. They both have a track record for making entertaining games that brok from the norm, few of which got sequels (Viewtiful Joe, Sin and Punishment). And also, they keep making games even when their titles pretty much become niche. It doesn't bother them, they aren't gonna stop because of poor sales.

Whether or not Madworld DOES end up selling alot in the long run (by the looks of it, it's gonna be a slow burner), that isn't gonna determine whether or not it does become a franchise. Gunstar Heroes or Sin & Punishment didn't sell megatons for Treasure, but they got sequels (well, the latter of which is still on the way). Treasure felt there was something worth revisiting in those games to warrant a sequel, so, seeing as there's alot more PG could elaborate on in Madworld, it's ultimately gonna be up to the developer's decisions along with the opinion of fans who bought the game, not the sales figures.

I'd like to see what they could do with Madworld as a franchise, but like Treasure, I look to see more original titles that they have in store for the future.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

Treasure's Guardian Heroes got a sequel too, on GBA like Gunstar Heroes. I wouldn't recommend it though. You should play Astro Boy on GBA.

Also, S&P is getting sequel due to the good sales. Delayed, sure, but Nintendo ordered it after seeing the VC sales of the original game.  Sweet.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac

A sequel would be good if they made the environments more interactive. Like, throwing someone in any direction should cause a unique kill of some sort.

On the Wii 2, that could be really cool.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Black_Rose

Wasn't this supposed to be a trilogy in the first place? I remember reading something about this before, or it was for the Conduit...I don't know.

Anyway, I haven't played the game yet, but I would like to see at least one sequel.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By PureRok

Why would you make a franchise out of a shitty game like Madworld?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.