Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Gamesradar uses mario to fight piracy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

I saw this commercial and it was soooo wierd. 

Anyways... 

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Relys

Bullshit, uLoader and the latest cIOS works just fine.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

This is full of shit. I didn't even get it until they said that at the end.

Emulators work almost perfectly. Hell, the Nintendo DS emulator is already near-perfect for most games.

Hurray for spreading misinformation!

monkeyroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By monkeyroach

wait this version looks even better

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Willy105
    @PureRok said:
    " This is full of shit. I didn't even get it until they said that at the end.  Emulators work almost perfectly. Hell, the Nintendo DS emulator is already near-perfect for most games.  Hurray for spreading misinformation! "
    That's not true. I know first hand.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By PureRok
    @Willy105 said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " This is full of shit. I didn't even get it until they said that at the end.  Emulators work almost perfectly. Hell, the Nintendo DS emulator is already near-perfect for most games.  Hurray for spreading misinformation! "
    That's not true. I know first hand. "
    It is true. I have an emulator for almost every major console and I play them regularly.

No Caption Provided
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @PureRok: I agree with PureRok. The only emulators I have had problems with have been the Wii and PS2 emulators.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Perhaps this is just a clever ploy by Gamesradar to increase the quality of certain emulators and the games for them in order to further spread piracy.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Willy105
    @PureRok said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @PureRok said:
    That's not true. I know first hand. "
    It is true. I have an emulator for almost every major console and I play them regularly.

No Caption Provided
    "
    The best experience I have had with emulators is when I hooked my PC to my TV and used a controller that had enough buttons to play the game. But that was rare. It's a really unorganized way to play a game, since you have to optimize your emulator setting to a specific game, then there's making sure the game is compatible with the emulator, and if it even plays it correctly.

I own Zelda OoT on Gamecube, N64, and played it on VC. The N64 is the best one, because it actually looks and feels best on it. The Gamecube and Wii versions are too high def, making the whole world look too simple, while the N64's AA and lower resolution smoothes everything out and you can see the effects instead of the polygons making them up. Even more important is the controller. The analog stick it was made for was more responsive and accurate than the modern Gamecube and Wii analog sticks. On the N64, pushing up made the cursor go up in the same speed as you moved the stick, but not on the new sticks.

It's also more difficult to feel like playing a game without being able to touch the physical cartridge or disc. It feels more real, and you are more inclined to play it.

And I am not even talking about the big ones, like the minimum specs to play the games.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

I foresee a thread lock.  Talking in detail about any form of piracy emulators, etc, is strictly against the rules of the forums.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CowMuffins
    @jakob187 said:
    " I foresee a thread lock.  Talking in detail about any form of piracy emulators, etc, is strictly against the rules of the forums. "
    And it's Youtube spam.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By demontium
    @PureRok said:
    I know.... NOT THAT I USE EMULATORS like ZSNES and the like. 
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By thebeast

Let's try to keep the piracy/emulation discussion as abstract as possible - no need to start detailing it. 

Also, demontium, please try to add some useful commentary to your original post when you're posting a video.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.