Red Steel 2 in Development

#1 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

http://wii.ign.com/articles/894/894202p1.html

...However, Corre made specific mention of Nintendo's recently announced MotionPlus add-on, noting that Red Steel 2 is "the typical product that will appreciate the new device", with the possibility for 1:1 motion control helping Ubisoft "be even more precise in what we do with the product".

#2 Posted by Earthbounder (308 posts) -

This was one of those games everyone was positive it was coming, we just needed confirmaton and now we finally do! I was interested in Red Steel until those awful reviews started being published therefore I never played the game. Red Steel 2  looks promissing but I won`t hype it, this time around I will wait for the game to come out before I create any expectations.

It is great to hear that they will use the MotionPlus it will help a lot with the sword motions. I may be wrong, but isn`t this the first game - Wii Sports 2 aside - that is confirmed to use the device?

#3 Posted by gamerkc (11 posts) -

I'm in the same boat as Earthbounder. I was interested in Red Steel until people bashed the crap out of it, so I held off. Hopefully Red Steel 2 doesn't bomb with the Wii MotionPlus addition. It would suck to have one of the first compatible games be horrid.

#4 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

I enjoyed the first one, it wasn't great but it was pretty decent for a launch game. I'm gonna keep my eye on this one

#5 Posted by Ghil (229 posts) -

we where promised 1:1 controls, and I was deceived. We are still promised 1:1 controls, and this time I won't get excited.

#6 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

I liked the first one, just wanted to see it do better. Hopefully this one can redeem it.

#7 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

There has to be blood, though.

#8 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

It'll be interesting to see how this game turns out with the MotionPlus.

#9 Posted by Dark_Link142 (377 posts) -

Pretty exciting that it's using Wii MotionPlus. The original showed a lot of promise, but ultimately failed for being rushed for Wii launch and a technical mess.

#10 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

gross

#11 Posted by FrozenVX (95 posts) -

If they make the same mistakes that they did on Red Steel, then I'll be rather displeased. I want some sword fighting action with the Wii remote dammit!

#12 Edited by Knives (711 posts) -

I guess I'm one of the few that managed to tolerate the original. Wii Motion Plus and a bigger budget could make this game pretty cool. 

#13 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
systech said:
"There has to be blood, though.
"
Ah yes, i was highly disappointed with that aspect of the first
#14 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -

The first Red Steel was a pretty good game, I hope the sequel will improve greatly over the predecessor.

#15 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2414 posts) -

Flop already confirmed.The first one sucked the second one wont be anybetter.

#16 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -

WHY!?

#17 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Isn't this that game that got really hyped and made people think the Wii was capable of playing "real" games but reallllllllllllly sucked?

#18 Posted by robbob88 (326 posts) -

Alright, just like everyone else, Im not going to get all excited about the game after what happened with the horrible original Red Steel. Wow did that game look awesome at the time. To bad it ended up SUCKING! But since they said that its been in development for many months then that is pretty good news. Sword fighting with 1:1 controls would be great with Wii Motion Plus.

#19 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

If the swordfighting is good, then alright, I'll probably get it.
But at the normal shooting, The Conduit will almost definitely take the cake.

#20 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

I loved the commercial for redsteel 1 =P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.