Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

The reason the Wiis lineup is so scant for 2008-2009

• 108 results
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Al3xand3r

No More Heroes was Suda's most succesful title yet, and it obviously sold enough for a sequel. No More Heroes was clearly low budget with little advertising and it sold great considering that. Other titles people thought bombed also later proved to have sold great for their budgets, including EA's Boom Blox (Also getting a sequel) and THQ's De Blob. Not every game needs to be a multi million seller to be considered a success, you know. If Halo 3 sold that much it wouldn't only not spawn a sequel, it wouldn't have even covered its expenses, but when we're talking of a low budget and VERY niche title Like No More Heroes, it's a very different story, one that surpasses expectations and warrants a sequel.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By HandsomeDead

Assuming No More Heroes is good because it's niche, low budget and on the Wii is missing the mark. I feel its Wii success was more due to it being an actual game rather than a minigame collection or a brand new decades old Nintendo franchise and while not every game needs multi million sales to be successful, putting it on a platform where the target audience is people who play games and therefore more likely to understand the parody nature of it could have given the game a larger, if still niche, audience.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Al3xand3r

Nobody assumed it's good because of those reasons, they know it's good cos they played it? Your theories can go both ways as on the 360 (or PS3) it would have more "non mini game" competition, and it also wouldn't look nearly as good as other 360 titles with a low budget like this. I can vividly imagine the average GTAIV fan (ie, quite a large portion of gamers according to its sales and rentals) ridiculing the game for its sub par open world sections, completely missing the mark. Owning a system other than a Wii doesn't instantly make the average user more knowledgable or with a better sense of humour, you know. You know, most of the Wii users you often try to argue with DO own other systems also.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By HandsomeDead

If you didn't sit on Wii threads like a hawk, i'd have had time to edit it so I could change good to successful or a good seller or something more contextually apt, but no Al3x, you were there. As always.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well in that case, still, nobody assumes it's successful, they know it's succesful because its creators consider it succesful and enough so to make a sequel that is also Wii exclusive, clearly being ignorant of your all-knowing logic that dictates it would do soooo much better on a different system. These people must hate money. And yes, I'm aware they have other projects for other systems, but not NMH.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HandsomeDead

Successful in a Wii sense is completely different from successful in a Xbox or Playstation sense. Being an actual game that sells well on the Wii deserves commendation.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By End_Boss

I don't know if you'd heard, but the Conduit is actually a giant mass relay into Dead Space.

So yeah.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By End_Boss

I don't know if you'd heard, but the Conduit is actually a giant mass relay into Dead Space.

So yeah.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#59  Edited By AgentJ
    ThomasP said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "No matter how much you are looking forward to Punch Out or Overlord, you know that they are going to be next to worthless)"
    I can't say anything about Overlord because I haven't looked into it or know any of the history, but to say a new Punch Out is worthless! I've been waiting almost 15 years for a new game in the series."
    I'll just tell you right now, it's not worth looking forward to, especially if you plan on using the motion control scheme. My tester friends say that the motion controls are awful and the multiplayer is in shambles. Not only that, it's been made in a way that will be appealing mostly only to non-gamers. Expect this game to dissapoint.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By BiggerBomb
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Grasshopper came in with No More Heroes."
    I know **** only one **** 360 game ****that is **** a bigger hit *** than his Wii games."

Why is it lame to quote things out of context?
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    I know **** only one **** 360 game ****that is **** a bigger hit *** than his Wii games."
    Why is it lame to quote things out of context?"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.

I love you, BiggerBomb.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HandsomeDead
    BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    Learn what context means then get back to trying to be funny.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BiggerBomb
    HandsomeDead said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    Learn what context means then get back to trying to be funny."

Learn what jokes are then get back to being a troll no one likes.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By HandsomeDead
    BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    Learn what jokes are then get back to being a troll no one likes."
    Learn what makes a joke funny then please never go back to being the sensitive brown noser who cares about internet popularity.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BiggerBomb
    HandsomeDead said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    Learn what jokes are then get back to being a troll no one likes."
    Learn what makes a joke funny then please never go back to being the sensitive brown noser who cares about internet popularity."

Learn to identify the difference between sensitivity and the intolerance of assholes, and what brown noser actually means.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By HandsomeDead

This is the internet. If you care so much, that is definitely sensitivity, that seems pretty obvious with some of the more personal things you've posted. And being all 'But, but, but Mr. Snide sir, there's a typo on one of the pages when I use IE7. I'll report it right after I complain to the mods about some nasty users. Please respect me as a member of the community.' Yeah, you're a regular rebel without a cause.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By carlthenimrod

Wasn't there Wii Fit and Wii Music also last year? Nintendo is moving there 1st party efforts to the more casual crowd.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Arkthemaniac

. . . and it just got personal. Lovely. Because that is what we love to see on Giant Bomb.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By HandsomeDead

I regret nothing!

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BiggerBomb
    HandsomeDead said:
    "This is the internet. If you care so much, that is definitely sensitivity, that seems pretty obvious with some of the more personal things you've posted. And being all 'But, but, but Mr. Snide sir, there's a typo on one of the pages when I use IE7. I'll report it right after I complain to the mods about some nasty users. Please respect me as a member of the community.' Yeah, you're a regular rebel without a cause."

On one hand, you call me a little emo who fights everyone in prepubescent fits of tearry eyed rage; yet, you also attempt to label me as someone who kisses everyone's ass. That's a bit incongruous, don't you think? Then again, you are both a shrewd troll and an idiot. That's pretty paradoxical, too. And if we are going to do impressions, I'll do you:

"B-b-but all I care about is shopping and Zack Efron's abs. That doesn't mean anything, right? RIGHT?! Well, jeez, I try to cover up my immense insecurities with feminine make up and salon-styled hair, under the guise of confidence in my own masculinity, but for the life of me I can't understand how nothing seems to convince people that my tendency to make fun of everyone isn't an attempt to overcompensate for my inability to function in a normal society. M-m-mmmaybe if I can show off that I'm a non-conformist, who doesn't care about societal values, no one will notice that I project my own emotional instability onto the people I mock, calling them emos in attempt to link them to the homsexuality I am so afraid of admitting to. A-annd I-I rrr-r-r-r-reeee-r-real-eally -h-h-ho-pe th-that by insisting fervently that I am not gay will lead to everyone believing this farse of my own creation! HEY DAD, MAYBE IF YOU HUGGED ME FOR ONCE, I WOULDN''T BE COWERING IN THE CLOSET!!!!!"

Wow. You're right, HandsomeDead. This IS fun!

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By GnaTSoL

One of the biggest errors in my life has to be buying the god-damn Wii. I can see how some people could enjoy it, but....

.....I could have used that money for an electric guitar or as extra money to get me through disemployment. Currently, I'm not enjoying my Wii........ And I'm 100% sure its cause I hate it sooo much I don't even turn it on anymore.

I can't believe I thought the online on the Wii would be decent. BAH! >_<

So, I have no interest on whats next for the Wii......
    I am however, interested on whats next for MY wii.... Will I be able to sell it in the coming months or will it continue to annoy the shit out of me when looking at the DAMN 'brick' in my room!? Hope its the former! :D

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BiggerBomb
    GnaTSoL said:
    "One of the biggest errors in my life has to be buying the god-damn Wii. I can see how some people could enjoy it, but.........I could have used that money for an electric guitar or as extra money to get me through disemployment. Currently, I'm not enjoying my Wii........ And I'm 100% sure its cause I hate it sooo much I don't even turn it on anymore.I can't believe I thought the online on the Wii would be decent. BAH! >_<So, I have no interest on whats next for the Wii...... I am however, interested on whats next for MY wii.... Will I be able to sell it in the coming months or will it continue to annoy the shit out of me when looking at the 'brick' in my room!? Hope its the former! :D"

Perhaps you should sell it then.
    Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By Gmanall

SELL SELL SELL

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By HandsomeDead
    BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "This is the internet. If you care so much, that is definitely sensitivity, that seems pretty obvious with some of the more personal things you've posted. And being all 'But, but, but Mr. Snide sir, there's a typo on one of the pages when I use IE7. I'll report it right after I complain to the mods about some nasty users. Please respect me as a member of the community.' Yeah, you're a regular rebel without a cause."

On one hand, you call me a little emo who fights everyone in prepubescent fits of tearry eyed rage; yet, you also attempt to label me as someone who kisses everyone's ass. That's a bit incongruous, don't you think? Then again, you are both a shrewd troll and an idiot. That's pretty paradoxical, too. And if we are going to do impressions, I'll do you:

"B-b-but all I care about is shopping and Zack Efron's abs. That doesn't mean anything, right? RIGHT?! Well, jeez, I try to cover up my immense insecurities with feminine make up and salon-styled hair, under the guise of confidence in my own masculinity, but for the life of me I can't understand how nothing seems to convince people that my tendency to make fun of everyone isn't an attempt to overcompensate for my inability to function in a normal society. M-m-mmmaybe if I can show off that I'm a non-conformist, who doesn't care about societal values, no one will notice that I project my own emotional instability onto the people I mock, calling them emos in attempt to link them to the homsexuality I am so afraid of admitting to. A-annd I-I rrr-r-r-r-reeee-r-real-eally -h-h-ho-pe th-that by insisting fervently that I am not gay will lead to everyone believing this farse of my own creation! HEY DAD, MAYBE IF YOU HUGGED ME FOR ONCE, I WOULDN''T BE COWERING IN THE CLOSET!!!!!"

"
    Nope. I just say you're touchy, i've never said anything about you fighting anyone besides me and trying to be overly passive aggressive to MB, but whatever. For the effortp ut inthere, you're no cigar. i've never once called anyone else emo or anything like that and i've already said I was bi like a million times so it's not like i'm cowering in the closet as you put it so you're way off target. Oh, and i've sent a message to the mods about you abusing me.

GnaTSoL said:
    "One of the biggest errors in my life has to be buying the god-damn Wii. I can see how some people could enjoy it, but.....

....I could have used that money for an electric guitar or as extra money to get me through disemployment. Currently, I'm not enjoying my Wii........ And I'm 100% sure its cause I hate it sooo much I don't even turn it on anymore.

I can't believe I thought the online on the Wii would be decent. BAH! >_<

So, I have no interest on whats next for the Wii...... I am however, interested on whats next for MY wii.... Will I be able to sell it in the coming months or will it continue to annoy the shit out of me when looking at the DAMN 'brick' in my room!? Hope its the former! :D"
    Same. And the worst thing is, no one I know wants one either. I've tried selling it and everyone seems to be in the same boat of having one and not enjoying it. Seems like we've both missed the boat.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BiggerBomb
    HandsomeDead said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:

"
    Nope. I just say you're touchy, i've never said anything about you fighting anyone besides me and trying to be overly passive aggressive to MB, but whatever. For the effortp ut inthere, you're no cigar. i've never once called anyone else emo or anything like that and i've already said I was bi like a million times so it's not like i'm cowering in the closet as you put it so you're way off target. Oh, and i've sent a message to the mods about you abusing me.

Too tired to give another one of your witty responses? Please, HandsomeDead, say something funny! You want to send a message to the mods about me? Go ahead. In fact, send it to MB. I'm sure it would make his day.

Considering the fact that you have been reported on numerous occasions by numerous posters, citing your not-so-subtle attempts at trolling, I'm not very concerned. Having been warned and moderated on the basis of some of your more crass anti-Semitic remarks and distasteful mockings of 9/11, I'd say the thin ice you stand on puts you at a rather significant disadvantage. And let's be perfectly honest, everyone knows you're a douche. As hypocritical as it is for you to mock me for reporting you, and then to report me in the same breath, I find it too pathetic for me to waste anymore of my time addressing you. So basically, long story-short:

"lol"
    vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By vaultboy
    HandsomeDead said:
    GnaTSoL said:
    "Will I be able to sell it in the coming months or will it continue to annoy the shit out of me when looking at the DAMN 'brick' in my room!?"
    Same. And the worst thing is, no one I know wants one either. I've tried selling it and everyone seems to be in the same boat of having one and not enjoying it. Seems like we've both missed the boat."
    You guys had how long where you could've recouped the entire price of the Wii by selling it?  It's only been recently that supply has finally starting to meet demand.  Hell, you probably could've sold it during Christmas and nearly broke even.  Even now they're still going for a fair price on e-Bay.  So really, what's motivating you to keep it?  Is it simply so you can come in to Wii topics and talk about how the only use you get out of your Wii is as a paper-weight?

Used Wii + WiiFit sold for $300
    Wii only sold for $219
    Another sold for  $244.17
    Sure, people aren't getting a whole lot more out of consoles with games.  But, you can always do a GameSpot trade on the games.

If you're not using it, then isn't getting any money out of it a good deal?  Being able to sell something at 80% (or more) of it's original value, provided you don't want or don't use it, is a pretty good return.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By HandsomeDead
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Too tired to give another one of your witty responses? Please, HandsomeDead, say something funny! You want to send a message to the mods about me? Go ahead. In fact, send it to MB. I'm sure it would make his day.

Considering the fact that you have been reported on numerous occasions by numerous posters, citing your not-so-subtle attempts at trolling, I'm not very concerned. Having been warned and moderated on the basis of some of your more crass anti-Semitic remarks and distasteful mockings of 9/11, I'd say the thin ice you stand on puts you at a rather significant disadvantage. And let's be perfectly honest, everyone knows you're a douche. As hypocritical as it is for you to mock me for reporting you, and then to report me in the same breath, I find it too pathetic for me to waste anymore of my time addressing you. So basically, long story-short:"lol""
    Me saying i'd reported you was the witty response. First you say i'm 'not-so-subtle' then you let this go right over your head. Keep up, son.

VaultBoy said:
    "You guys had how long where you could've recouped the entire price of the Wii by selling it?  It's only been recently that supply has finally starting to meet demand.  Hell, you probably could've sold it during Christmas and nearly broke even.  Even now they're still going for a fair price on e-Bay.  So really, what's motivating you to keep it?  Is it simply so you can come in to Wii topics and talk about how the only use you get out of your Wii is as a paper-weight?

Used Wii + WiiFit sold for $300
    Wii only sold for $219
    Another sold for  $244.17
    Sure, people aren't getting a whole lot more out of consoles with games.  But, you can always do a GameSpot trade on the games.

If you're not using it, then isn't getting any money out of it a good deal?  Being able to sell something at 80% (or more) of it's original value, provided you don't want or don't use it, is a pretty good return."
    I got it two Christmases ago. I tried selling it that Summer and no one wanted one and then I tried selling it this Christmas and everyone had one. I even tried selling it to my friend who I played Wii Sports with for a bit and even he said he was bored of it. At this rate, I think going to a GameStation or something and getting ripped off is my best option.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Al3xand3r

Smart bunch you are, so he played Wii Sports for a bit and therefor got tired of the whole system. You have to love how people judge the Wii these days, but I guess it's expected if they're around people like yourself. Also, funny how much time people who apparently despise it spend on the Wii forums and manage to turn a discussion about its 2009 lineup into wild stories of Wii dust collecting (clean your homes dudes) and the journey to selling them (I wouldn't buy electronics from someone who doesn't even clean). Attention seeking much? Or is forum posting here so much more fun than playing games on the consoles you find so much better than the Wii or talking about things you actually enjoy? Also, having to explain which part of what you said was witty? It's not a very good sign for your wit... No, it's really not the readers' fault.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GnaTSoL
    VaultBoy said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    GnaTSoL said:
    "Will I be able to sell it in the coming months or will it continue to annoy the shit out of me when looking at the DAMN 'brick' in my room!?"
    Same. And the worst thing is, no one I know wants one either. I've tried selling it and everyone seems to be in the same boat of having one and not enjoying it. Seems like we've both missed the boat."
    You guys had how long where you could've recouped the entire price of the Wii by selling it?  It's only been recently that supply has finally starting to meet demand.  Hell, you probably could've sold it during Christmas and nearly broke even.  Even now they're still going for a fair price on e-Bay.  So really, what's motivating you to keep it?  Is it simply so you can come in to Wii topics and talk about how the only use you get out of your Wii is as a paper-weight?Used Wii + WiiFit sold for $300Wii only sold for $219Another sold for  $244.17Sure, people aren't getting a whole lot more out of consoles with games.  But, you can always do a GameSpot trade on the games.If you're not using it, then isn't getting any money out of it a good deal?  Being able to sell something at 80% (or more) of it's original value, provided you don't want or don't use it, is a pretty good return."
     I bought mines last November. I probably held on to hope (that my experiences with it would get better) for far to long. I for one am trying to sell my Wii accompanied with my Wii games without resorting to do business over online. I personally don't like how that works. I felt I could get a way better deal by selling to friends or family. I'll probably be able to sell it to a certain cousin from another country. The Wii is overpriced where he lives, so they say, and since his family is seemingly rich, I think I might get something done with him. His family has been trying to make a trip over to Florida for months, but have yet to come. I've been waiting for months to see when he'll finally come and get rid of the Wii. Even after he comes, theres no certainty he'll buy cause I'm going to charge full price. A wii, GC controller, Wii Wheel, and 4 games for 500. No, I don't give a damn he's my cousin. ; )
    Of course I'll negotiate if he declines the first offer.

I've tried selling to others yet no Dice. Gamestop is a distant choice but those dirty fools will pay me horrible and above all else, THEY ONLY GIVE CREDITS! IN STORE CREDITS!

I hate the Wii and want to get rid of it but I won't let that sway me. I will wait for the best offer. Of course if my plan screws up I will sadly make a trip to my local gamestop.

I get the feeling you hate us expressing our personal resentment over the Wii.  If I had a viable option on selling my Wii, I would have done away with it a long whiles ago. If that were the case, I would have said nothing. Sadly though, the Wii is annoying the hell out of me cause I bought into the hype and it didn't live up to my expectation. Thus I come to this one Wii topic and "talk about how the only use you get out of your Wii is as a paper-weight.'I have my reasons for criticism.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Thanks, your family tree was useful and on topic. If they're rich, they can always buy it new regardless of being overpriced anyway.

As for people not liking criticism, they're fine with it when it's valid, and when trolls don't just repeat the same crap in every thread while saying nothing about the actual topic. You can always make your own threads or blogs, you don't have to go in every other thread and attempt (and fail) to annoy people as much as the Wii seemingly annoys you. Also, seek professional help if a little white box in your house can honestly have that kind of emotional impact on you, and yet you don't get rid of it all this time because you wait for the best possible deal, even though it's common knowledge things like this lose value with time and the Wii specifically will lose its own as supply rates have finally surpassed demand.

If you want stress relief, go play games you like, talk about things you like, do anything you like. That usually works for people who are honestly upset, at least bettter than dwelling on what upsets them while trying to justify it to others every time anything remotely related to that comes up.

The only reason I even respond to these repeats anymore is that it helps the Wii forum stay above hamburgers. Thank you for your contributions.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    GnaTSoL said:
    "VaultBoy said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    GnaTSoL said:
    You guys had how long where you could've recouped the entire price of the Wii by selling it?  It's only been recently that supply has finally starting to meet demand.  Hell, you probably could've sold it during Christmas and nearly broke even.  Even now they're still going for a fair price on e-Bay.  So really, what's motivating you to keep it?  Is it simply so you can come in to Wii topics and talk about how the only use you get out of your Wii is as a paper-weight?Used Wii + WiiFit sold for $300Wii only sold for $219Another sold for  $244.17Sure, people aren't getting a whole lot more out of consoles with games.  But, you can always do a GameSpot trade on the games.If you're not using it, then isn't getting any money out of it a good deal?  Being able to sell something at 80% (or more) of it's original value, provided you don't want or don't use it, is a pretty good return."
     I bought mines last November. I probably held on to hope (that my experiences with it would get better) for far to long. I for one am trying to sell my Wii accompanied with my Wii games without resorting to do business over online. I personally don't like how that works. I felt I could get a way better deal by selling to friends or family. I'll probably be able to sell it to a certain cousin from another country. The Wii is overpriced where he lives, so they say, and since his family is seemingly rich, I think I might get something done with him. His family has been trying to make a trip over to Florida for months, but have yet to come. I've been waiting for months to see when he'll finally come and get rid of the Wii. Even after he comes, theres no certainty he'll buy cause I'm going to charge full price. A wii, GC controller, Wii Wheel, and 4 games for 500. No, I don't give a damn he's my cousin. ; )
    Of course I'll negotiate if he declines the first offer.

I've tried selling to others yet no Dice. Gamestop is a distant choice but those dirty fools will pay me horrible and above all else, THEY ONLY GIVE CREDITS! IN STORE CREDITS!

I hate the Wii and want to get rid of it but I won't let that sway me. I will wait for the best offer. Of course if my plan screws up I will sadly make a trip to my local gamestop.

I get the feeling you hate us expressing our personal resentment over the Wii.  If I had a viable option on selling my Wii, I would have done away with it a long whiles ago. If that were the case, I would have said nothing. Sadly though, the Wii is annoying the hell out of me cause I bought into the hype and it didn't live up to my expectation. Thus I come to this one Wii topic and "talk about how the only use you get out of your Wii is as a paper-weight.'I have my reasons for criticism."
    Yeah, you do.

You haven't played the good games.
    GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By GnaTSoL
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Thanks, your family tree was useful and on topic. If they're rich, they can always buy it new regardless of being overpriced anyway.

As for people not liking criticism, they're fine with it when it's valid, and when trolls don't just repeat the same crap over and over in every thread while saying nothing about the actual topic. You can always make your own threads or blogs you know, you don't have to go in every other thread and attempt (and fail) to annoy people as much as the Wii seemingly annoys you. Also, seek professional help if a little white box in your house can honestly have that kind of emotional impact on you, and yet you don't get rid of it all this time because you wait for the best possible deal, even though it's common knowledge things like this lose value with time.
    "
    Lots of time on your hands, huh?

This is my first thread I've ever talked about the wii. Hell, I just signed up yesterday. I was stating my reason for not caring about the Wii's lineup. My reply to VaultBoy's response was fully on topic with what we were discussing.

Your hating the fact I'm expressing my discontent over the Wii... On a damn FORUM\. You sound like a fan-boy. Please, you're trying to argue over nothing and trying to make a big issue out of things.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Al3xand3r

Your post was longer than mine and I'm the one with lots of time? If you re-read what you quote, it's a perfect response to what you say above.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Smart bunch you are, so he played Wii Sports for a bit and therefor got tired of the whole system. You have to love how people judge the Wii these days, but I guess it's expected if they're around people like yourself. Also, funny how much time people who apparently despise it spend on the Wii forums and manage to turn a discussion about its 2009 lineup into wild stories of Wii dust collecting (clean your homes dudes) and the journey to selling them (I wouldn't buy electronics from someone who doesn't even clean). Attention seeking much? Or is forum posting here so much more fun than playing games on the consoles you find so much better than the Wii or talking about things you actually enjoy? Also, having to explain which part of what you said was witty? It's not a very good sign for your wit... No, it's really not the readers' fault."
    Yeah, it's hilarious how I post on the Wii section of a larger forum while i'm on here. It's such an effort to go out of my way to post, I don't know why I even bother. I'm sure you'll agree. Who said I don't clean my Wii? In fact, tell a lie, I don't because it's back in the box. Again, why do you assume it's such an effort and takes so long to post? And seeing as you're taking the role of the Thought Police here, i'll let you know posting about the Wii doesn't make me feel sad so it's no big deal.

Coming from an esteemed comedian like yourself Al3x, I see your criticism but you yourself have to see that the Wii Bros. on this forum aren't exactly the type of people who have an e-sense of humour so sometimes I have to smooth things out.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By AgentJ
    VaultBoy said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    GnaTSoL said:
    "Is it simply so you can come in to Wii topics and talk about how the only use you get out of your Wii is as a paper-weight?"
    At this point, that may be the only logical explanation for Handsome Deads behavior. Either that or he doesn't have one (or has never had one) and says he does because it "legitimizes" his opinion. It sounds a lot better to say "I have a Wii and hate it" than it does to say "I've never tried it, but I hate it". Handsome Dead, the purpose of this thread was simply to discuss the upcoming 3rd party future on the Wii, not comment on the finer points of selling one on Ebay, though even now you'll get pretty good prices as Vaultboy pointed out. Please, we understand that you have no love for the Wii, so simply get rid of it so that we dont have to hear your hate anymore. You asked yourself earlier why you even bother. the answer is simple. Dont.

You know what, lets play a little game Handsome Dead. list all of the games that you currently own for the wii, and then list all of the games that you have played for the wii. make sure you list each group clearly.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By AgentJ

Back on topic, what we know of so far for third party support isn't nearly enough. There needs to be more in order for the Wii to continue to be a viable system, and they can't all be rail-spinoffs (you heard that term here first folks). They need a few new IPs from important companies like what Square Enix did with TWEWY and Sigma Harmonics on the DS, and would probably be smart to push more 2D games like Klonoa and Muramasa. The consoles strengths need to be played to. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Al3xand3r

They do have such IPs, ie Square's Crystal Bearers and Dragon Quest X, Namco's Tales of (Whatever they call it in the end), Capcom's Monster Hunter 3. 2D isn't the only thing playing to the system's strengths, lots of companies are doing creative efforts in 3D, ie Konami's CRAZY platformer The Munchables. But yeah, Cave Story, Night Game, Swords & Soldiers, Bubble Bobble, Boy and his Blob, Muramasa, all 2D. And there's nothin wrong with on rails, I can't wait for Sin & Punishment 2. Why's that kind of thing any worse than a side scrolling shooter or platformer? And despite being happy for those IPs I mentioned, I like the fact it gets more creative efforts with new IPs for the most part, and how Nintendo promotes that attitude with their second parties like Endless Ocean and Cosmic Walker, but at the same time without forgetting their and even others' legacy, and thus also offering the likes of Excitebots, Punch-Out!! and Sin & Punsihment 2.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By HandsomeDead
    AgentJ said:
    "You know what, lets play a little game Handsome Dead. list all of the games that you currently own for the wii, and then list all of the games that you have played for the wii. make sure you list each group clearly."
    Own: Wii Sports, Wii Play, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Games Played: Wii Sports, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Music, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Kart, that Scuba game and Red Steel.

What was achieved there?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AgentJ
    HandsomeDead said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "You know what, lets play a little game Handsome Dead. list all of the games that you currently own for the wii, and then list all of the games that you have played for the wii. make sure you list each group clearly."
    Own: Wii Sports, Wii Play, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight PrincessGames Played: Wii Sports, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Music, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Kart, that Scuba game and Red Steel.What was achieved there?"
    Well, what i was going to do was then ask you to take a picture of all the games you own for the Wii, but there is obviously no need. You've only played 5 worthwhile games for the system, and 4 of those are Nintendo properties. Really, if you are going to say the Wii sucks, at least play some decent games for the thing.

Al3xand3r said:
    "They do have such IPs, ie Square's Crystal Bearers and Dragon Quest X, Namco's Tales of (Whatever they call it in the end), Capcom's Monster Hunter 3. 2D isn't the only thing playing to the system's strengths, lots of companies are doing creative efforts in 3D, ie Konami's CRAZY platformer The Munchables. But yeah, Cave Story, Night Game, Swords & Soldiers, Bubble Bobble, Boy and his Blob, Muramasa, all 2D. And there's nothin wrong with on rails, I can't wait for Sin & Punishment 2. Why's that kind of thing any worse than a side scrolling shooter or platformer? And despite being happy for those IPs I mentioned, I like the fact it gets more creative efforts with new IPs for the most part, and how Nintendo promotes that attitude with their second parties like Endless Ocean and Cosmic Walker, but at the same time without forgetting their and even others' legacy, and thus also offering the likes of Excitebots, Punch-Out!! and Sin & Punsihment 2."
    I apoligize, I meant to say new IPs. I'll probably change the post you were refering to to reflect that.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Al3xand3r

Huh?! Second half of my post. New IPs is what the Wii gets for the most part, that's why I didn't post examples. It's the bigger part of its library, so I found it more natural that you'd fault it for not having as many established IPs, rather than new ones. SEGA, THQ, EA, Konami, Capcom, Marvelous, XSEED, Hudson, Jaleco, they all play their part in that, and more keep jumping aboard. Even Square I guess, Crystal Bearers may use FF and CC to make it more marketable but it's pretty much a brand new effort by all accounts. I can't mention all the publishers and devs.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By AgentJ

We've had some new IPs, but I dont see all that many on the horizon. Conduit, Muramasa, and Arc Rise Fantasia(though even that is related to Luminous Arc). 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Al3xand3r

Meh. Really, the Wii's library is new IPs for the most part, as well as exclusives, or the first appearances of IPs that spawned on portables, but still very new ones, like from DS (Trace Memory, Spectrobes) or even PSP (Valhalla Knights). Again, this is a good starting place. I don't think the Wii's library looks very conventional and playing it safe from those examples, even if some of those are portable games making the jump, or PC sequels like Anno, or if they use brand names to be made more popular when they're clearly all new efforts (again, Crystal Bearers). Yeah, some of the games in the list should be removed as unlikely to get here (ie Sky Crawlers) but most are good to go.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By HandsomeDead
    AgentJ said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "AgentJ said:
    Own: Wii Sports, Wii Play, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight PrincessGames Played: Wii Sports, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Music, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Kart, that Scuba game and Red Steel.What was achieved there?"
    Well, what i was going to do was then ask you to take a picture of all the games you own for the Wii, but there is obviously no need. You've only played 5 worthwhile games for the system, and 4 of those are Nintendo properties. Really, if you are going to say the Wii sucks, at least play some decent games for the thing.
    "
    Those are the decent games.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#94  Edited By Meowayne

You need to have at least played Zack&Wiki, definatly deBlob as well as Smooth Moves OR one of the Rabbids. Also Trauma Center.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By HandsomeDead

I played Wario Ware and Trauma Centre on the DS. Is there really that much of a difference?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AgentJ

WarioWare is better on the DS, so don't bother, but Trauma Center is handled much better in its Wii entries. The games that you've played are good games, but there are many more to try before you give up on the thing. you may still dislike the console, but then at least you tried right?

vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By vaultboy
    GnaTSoL said:
    "VaultBoy said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    GnaTSoL said:
    So really, what's motivating you to keep it?  Is it simply so you can come in to Wii topics and talk about how the only use you get out of your Wii is as a paper-weight?

I get the feeling you hate us expressing our personal resentment over the Wii.  Sadly though, the Wii is annoying the hell out of me cause I bought into the hype and it didn't live up to my expectation. Thus I come to this one Wii topic and "talk about how the only use you get out of your Wii is as a paper-weight.'I have my reasons for criticism."
    I can understand being disappointed and/or annoyed.  If the Wii did not meet your expectations, for whatever reason, who am I to tell you that you're wrong?  In fact, I think you take my post completely out of context by saying I "hate [you guys] expressing resentment over the Wii."  I will agree that there are definitely people, on both sides, who do get a bit too serious though. :)

My only motivation for posting is why you wouldn't offload your system ASAP if it's causing you grief, which you answered.  Best of luck with recouping the entire cost via your cousin.  If it doesn't work out, there are quite a few means of selling your Wii that will get you a fair price.  I hope you don't have to resort to selling to GameStop.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#98  Edited By oldschool

Dead guy, will you promise to never come into a Wii thread when you sell your Wii?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By AgentJ

I'd rather that "dead guy" gave his Wii another chance, though i doubt that there are any games on it that he'll enjoy over his efpeess.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By HandsomeDead
    oldschool said:
    "Dead guy, will you promise to never come into a Wii thread when you sell your Wii?"
    Nope.

AgentJ
    said:
    "I'd rather that "dead guy" gave his Wii another chance, though i doubt that there are any games on it that he'll enjoy over his efpeess."
    I haven't played an FPS since World at War, so shut up, waggling boy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.