Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Ultimate Wii/GC Referral Question

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Drizzle

I need a list of all the wii/gc games i should play/own

Wii

Rune Factory Frontier
    No More Heroes
    Fire Emblem
    Resident Evil 4
    House of the Dead Overkill
    Madworld*

Gamecube

Tales of Symphonia
    Fire Emblem (if i can find it)
    Resident Evil 0-3 (if i can find it for a decent price)
    Zelda Wind Waker

*=games im on the fence about

Please help contribute to my list or feel free to say which games should be taken off the list

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Godwind

I am only going to suggest games I have played on both systems.  It will not include games that I have never played.  Also, none of the games on your list will match mine.  I am just suggesting games that are not on your list.

Wii

-Metroid Prime 3
    -NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (A few flaws to the game.  One of my personal favorites on the Wii.  Definetly not a bad game but has its blemishes.)
    -Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Consider buying the GC version as well)
    -Super Mario Galaxy
    -Super Paper Mario (In the essence, it is a platformer.  Some light RPG elements.)
    -Wii Fit (Get it because you will never play a video game like it.  All the same reasons why to buy No More Heroes)
    -Bully: Scholarship Edition (If you already played this game on a different console, don't bother with this one.)
    -House of the Dead Return 2 & 3
    -Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
    -Megaman 9 (Obtainable on other platforms as well)
    -World of Goo (Obtainable on the PC as well)

Gamecube

-Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles
    -Tales of Symphonia
    -Skies of Arcadia (Don't get it if you have the Dreamcast version)
    -FZero GX
    -Viewtiful Joe
    -Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Get the Wii Version as well)
    -Legend of Zelda: Master Quest
    -Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (Has the first game, Second game, Orcarina of Time and Majora's Mask)
    -Custom Robo (Only if you like Mecha)
    -Sonic Adventure DX (Not worth it if you have the Dreamcast Version)
    -Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Not worth it if you have the Dreamcast Version)
    -Metroid Prime
    -Metroid Prime 2
    -Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    -Animal Crossing (Best version of it.  However, don't get it if you already own other versions)
    -Starfox Adventures
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Black_Rose

Everything Godwind said + Baten Kaitos and The Godfather.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Dalai

Besides the usual Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Smash Bros. combo, I'd go with World of Goo if you don't yet have it on the PC, de Blob, and Zack & Wiki if you're not offended by the style.

For the Gamecube, definitely get Eternal Darkness.  You'll thank me later.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    Wii:
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Best game on the Wii, as far as I'm concerned)
    Super Paper Mario (I found this to be a really good game, though not quite up to par with the previous Paper Mario games. Still worth trying out, I think, but I wouldn't recommend paying a full $50 for it.)

I know my list of Wii games is very short. I've owned it since launch and have played a heck of a lot of games on it. The truth is... there just aren't really any I can wholeheartedly recommend, except Metroid Prime 3. If you haven't played Smash Bros Melee, then take a look at Brawl for sure. If WarioWare: Smooth Moves interests you, I'd suggest buying the original GBA version instead if possible, since the unresponsive motion controls can ruin the experience and make the game unbelievably frustrating. Also, I think Mario Galaxy is outrageously overrated and rather mediocre, so that's why I didn't list it.

Gamecube:
    Animal Crossing (This game will consume your life, and you will love it for doing so. It might not look like much on the surface, but even in it's simplicity it is incredibly fun and addictive.)
    Metroid Prime (Possibly the best game to come out of last-gen. Make sure this is one you play. It truly is phenomenal)
    Resident Evil (Still the scariest game I've ever played in my life and just talking about it brings back scary memories so I'm moving on to the next game..)
    Resident Evil 4 (A masterpiece! One of last gen's greatest. This game is a must-play.)
    Super Mario Sunshine (It's better than it gets credit for these days. Even far better than Galaxy, if you ask me. It's a nice, fun change of pace for the Mario series.)
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (One of the best Zelda games to date. Don't put this off because of the cel-shaded graphics. I think it's unquestionably better than Twilight Princess turned out to be and definitely one of last gen's best games overall)
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (I suppose you could get this on the Wii instead. The only difference is the Wii version uses motion controls, and the entire game is mirrored to make Link right handed. I am off the belief that motion controls tend to hinder a game more than they enhance it, so I'm recommending it on GC. Plus the Wii's lack of buttons can make things awkward.)
    F-Zero GX (This is the F-Zero game we had all been waiting for. A totally excellent racing game, just uhh.. keep in mind that it's no cake-walk, especially the story missions. However, when you do eventually pass them, there's a great satisfaction from it.)
    Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (This game gets a lot of undeserved hatred. It even did by me initially. With time, I began to see how great it really is and discovered it's not as stupidly unfair or cheat as I once thought.)
    Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door (This was a great game. I can't say I'm a big fan of RPGs in general, but this may be one of the best ones I've ever played. I really enjoyed it.)
    Eternal Darkness (A psychological thriller! Very unique and interesting, pretty crazy overall. The gameplay isn't it's strongest suit, but it gets the job done, and the atmosphere and concept of it and all definitely make it worth playing through.)
    Pikmin (Man, I love this game. One of my favorites on the Gamecube. Very unique and considering it's basically like some sort of military game, it's not quite as childish as you might suspect. I think the sequel kind of lost some of what made the original so great)

* By the way, if you're looking to buy Resident Evil games on GC, only consider RE0, RE1, and RE4. The other ones, like RE2 and RE3 are straight ports from the original Playstation. They were not remade like the original was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.