Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

Want to start playing because of Cataclysm?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheMustacheHero

If you clicked this thread and answered yes to the above question, become my recruit-a-friend! 

The time to get into WoW is RIGHT NOW and I can help you! If you're interested in doing the recruit a friend program with me just send me a PM and I'll send you a 10-day free trial!

Benefits

Lasts for 90 days after the recruitment

• Both the recruit and the recruiter can summon each other while partied.
    • Both the recruit and the recruiter gain triple EXP(up to level 60) while partied and within 100 yards of each other.
    • Recruit characters gain one "grantable" level for every two levels earned (up to 30 levels). Recruit characters may then grant these levels to the recruiter's lower-level characters.
    CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By CaptainTryHard

Is this for Catacysm or is it like the regular trial?

Kturuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Kturuk

He forgot to mention that he gets a rare mount if you subscribe.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Malakhii

I was going to dissuade you, but I guess not. 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

God No, I play real MMOs like Eve Online,

Ok fine I don't really "Play" so much as open up menus until something happens and then cry when I realize that Ive just spent 6 hours mining imaginary rocks. Sill way better than WOW.....

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is only for new accounts right?  I would let you do this to me, but I have an 80 rogue I have to return to tomorrow :o

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By jacksukeru

I totally just bought a digital copy of Cataclysm and am preparing to revive my account as we speak. Now to go to sleep and wake up to a completed download. I feel like a kid and tomorrow's christmas :3 

Oh, and sorry, can't help ya there.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Kturuk said:
    " He forgot to mention that he gets a rare mount if you subscribe. "
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By benpack
    @Mikemcn said:
    " cry when I realize that Ive just spent 6 hours mining imaginary rocks. Sill way better than WOW..... "
    Sounds like my experience with Minecraft.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Kturuk:@NekuSakuraba: SHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh.
    MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MarkWahlberg

You got some spam on your.. no the other side.... there you go.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#12  Edited By Vinchenzo

Fuck no. WoW stopped being good after vanilla. Also, stop your bullshit trying to get free shit.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
    @Mikemcn said:
    "God No, I play real MMOs like Eve Online,  Ok fine I don't really "Play" so much as open up menus until something happens and then cry when I realize that Ive just spent 6 hours mining imaginary rocks. Sill way better than WOW..... "

In your opinion.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By melcene
    @Bloodgraiv3 said:

" @Mikemcn said:

"God No, I play real MMOs like Eve Online,  Ok fine I don't really "Play" so much as open up menus until something happens and then cry when I realize that Ive just spent 6 hours mining imaginary rocks. Sill way better than WOW..... "
    In your opinion. "
    Srsly.  I've heard from many (and seen at home) that EVE is more of a timesink than WoW.  Personally glad I never bothered to get into it. 

@Vinchenzo said:

" Fuck no. WoW stopped being good after vanilla. Also, stop your bullshit trying to get free shit. "

Eh, it really all depends on what you're looking at.  If you're just completely generalizing and saying the whole thing sucked after vanilla, then you're not even looking at it rationally and simply wanting to bash it.  But if you can actually look at it an say, this sucked and this sucked, but it's good that they finally did this and that, then you've got a leg to stand on.  And yes, I did play vanilla.  I've played on and off since the original beta.
    hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By hexx462
    @melcene said:
    " Srsly.  I've heard from many (and seen at home) that EVE is more of a timesink than WoW.  Personally glad I never bothered to get into it. 

I like Eve in theory, but it's just not very fun (you know that key ingredient to enjoying a video game).
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By FireBurger
    @Vinchenzo said:

" Fuck no. WoW stopped being good after vanilla. Also, stop your bullshit trying to get free shit. "

Chill out, it's not like the other person isn't getting anything out of it. He's making an offer that can help people out, regardless of whether he gets some small return for it. 

EDIT: Though OP, you should probably mention you get the mount.
    warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By warchief

HAHA someone wants a rocket mount! 

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By galiant
    @Vinchenzo
    Fuck no. WoW stopped being good after vanilla. Also, stop your bullshit trying to get free shit.
    WoW as it is now is much better to get into as a new player than it was at launch. I think you're just wearing your nostalgia glasses and you're mixing up "the game got worse" with "I got bored of it".
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @Galiant said:
    " @Vinchenzo
    WoW as it is now is much better to get into as a new player than it was at launch. I think you're just wearing your nostalgia glasses and you're mixing up "the game got worse" with "I got bored of it". "
    Except no.
    galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By galiant
    @Vinchenzo
    @Galiant said:
    " @Vinchenzo
    WoW as it is now is much better to get into as a new player than it was at launch. I think you're just wearing your nostalgia glasses and you're mixing up "the game got worse" with "I got bored of it". "
    Except no.
    So the game that's been improved upon for - what is it now, five/six years? - is worse for a new player to get into than WoW at launch because...?

...or maybe you're just disagreeing with the part where I don't take your opinion as fact?
    jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jointron33

Having never dabbled in this franchise, i must ask, what exactly is this? Is it an add-on, expansion, and why is it so expensive?
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By melcene
    @jointron33:
    Cataclysm is the third expansion to the World of Warcraft game/series.  It's more than an add-on, or DLC.  Even in some of the best RPGs we may play, we often find that we complete the DLC within a day or so.  Expansions to MMOs, because of their inherent MMO nature, are never officially "completed" and there's nearly always more to do.  This one is especially so, since it also completely ripped up the original world we knew and made it into something different. 

It's actually right on par with market prices for this genre.  You pay (unfortunately) $60 for an expansion pack.  With this game, that's once every two years.  Of course they're optional, but they practically required if you want to do stuff in the later game. 

The monthly fee is also completely on par with market prices.  Most MMORPGs currently charge $15 per month subscription fees.  There are a small amount that charge nothing at all.  Often if they charge nothing, that is because they're a dying creature.  The notable exception to this particular business model is Guild Wars, who has never had a monthly fee, if I remember correctly.
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By s7evn
    @jointron33 said:
    " Having never dabbled in this franchise, i must ask, what exactly is this? Is it an add-on, expansion, and why is it so expensive? "
    If you're not being sarcastic, World of Warcraft is a subscription based Massively Multiplayer Role Playing  game based on the Warcraft lore. The game has 3 expansions I believe (I'm not sure if it's 3 or 4 since I don't play). You pay $15 a month to play, but during the time you play they are constantly patching in new story content and what not. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.