Xbox live arcade suggestions

#1 Posted by laserbolts (5349 posts) -

So it's Sunday and I feel like being lazy and playing video games all day. I'm about to buy a shit ton of points and burn through some arcade games. I have already played meat boy, braid, limbo, and castlevania. Just looking for some suggestions on what to get. I was thinking about getting some dlc for la noire but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. Anyways any suggestions would be awesome. Help me giantbomb people!

#2 Edited by SMTDante89 (2613 posts) -

Shadow Complex is really fun if you're into Metroid-like games.

EDIT: Nevermind, noticed you had it on your Achievements.

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5349 posts) -
@SMTDante89 oh and I totally forgot to list shadow complex. Yeah that game is great! Thanks though!
#4 Posted by mau64 (539 posts) -

Cannot go wrong with Castle Crashers.

#5 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Outland!

#6 Posted by laserbolts (5349 posts) -
@mau64 fuck I suck at life. I've played it and didn't mention it lol thanks though. @ssj4raditz Hmm maybe I should give that a go. Thanks you sir!
#7 Posted by SMTDante89 (2613 posts) -

Beyond Good & Evil HD is also good if you never got a chance to play it back when it first came out.

#9 Posted by phish09 (1110 posts) -

Comic Jumper is on sale for 400 points until Tuesday.  For $5 it's a really good game.  The GB crew seemed to really like it.  It's not always the most fun game all the way through, but it is pretty much always hilarious.  I'd say grab that one.

#10 Posted by laserbolts (5349 posts) -
@SMTDante89 does it still hold up? I never had the chance to play it back in the day. @CrazyChris thanks for the list. The only thing I can see me playing that I haven't already is deathspank. Would you recommend the first deatspank or thongs of virtue?
#11 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@laserbolts: Thongs of Virtue is definatly the better of the two, though the first one is absolutly not bad. Funnier quests and stuff in the sequel though.

#12 Posted by SMTDante89 (2613 posts) -

@laserbolts: In my personal opinion, it does. Maybe demo it to see if it's to your liking, but I fully recommend it.

#13 Posted by mnzy (2920 posts) -
@CrazyChris: Those and Geometry Wars 2 and Magic - Duels of the Planeswalker.
#14 Posted by laserbolts (5349 posts) -
@phish09 awesome at five bucks it's gotta be worth a try. Thanks dude! @CrazyChris Alright I'll get thongs of virtue then. Damn I have a lot of games to buy right now thanks guys!
#15 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@laserbolts: Also, you might find the humour in Thongs of Virtue funnier if you play the first one first. Can't really remember how much of the jokes are referring to the first game.

#16 Posted by laserbolts (5349 posts) -
@mnzy I forgot all about geometry wars 2. I loved the first one. Sold!!! Thank you
#17 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@mnzy: Ah yeah, the Magic games are great as well.

#18 Posted by skyline7284 (508 posts) -

Pac Man CEDX...?

#19 Posted by Bollard (5756 posts) -
@mau64 said:

Cannot go wrong with Castle Crashers.

I played the demo, and thought it was awful. I understand a lot of people like it, but it might not be for everyone.
#20 Posted by laserbolts (5349 posts) -
@skyline7284
Pac Man CEDX...?
Yes!! Dammit there are a lot of games to get. I remember watching the quick look and it looked pretty awesome. I'm gonna need more points.
#22 Posted by DocPorpoise (114 posts) -

Galaga legions DX, Bionic Commando rearmed, Costume Quest, Dead Rising: Case Zero and The Maw are all pretty good games. Also Stacking is a deal of the week next week it'll be 50% off.

#23 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Half-Minute hero is a lot of fun, you should check it out :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.