Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Forget Nintendo, Microsoft doesn't like fat gamers.

• 61 results
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Emilio

Can't we just go back to the times where games were about good controls, secrets, high scores, and a good time?

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @demontium said:

" @FlipperDesert said:

" @demontium said:
    " I am really fat. "
    Well, you'd better lose weight quick or you won't ever see the end of Fable 3!  Seriously, this is a dumb idea, even if they do mean well. "
    Explain that joke to me. "
     As you wish: "Alternatively or in addition, the degree of health can unlock additional playing time or can unlock certain aspects of a game, such as additional levels."
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By mikemcn
    @AgentJ said:
    "i actually really like this idea, and think it would work for a lot of people. Considering all the gamers that value their e-penis, having a fat avatar would be inexcusable.  "

What about certain members of the giant bomb staff, this might anger them............... 

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Capum15

Meh, I'd just go to PC games. And if it effected old games, sell some and grab a PS3 or something.

Doubt this'll actually come to fruition though. Sounds...I don't know. Don't care, really. Creepy as all hell though for the other stuff though.

"The physical characteristics can be further extended to psychological traits associated with the physical person, including intelligence, religious beliefs, political affiliations, and hobbies that affect the rendering of an avatar," the application reads."

So, we can't keep religious flame wars just to the Internet forums now? One thing though, how the hell can those "affect the rendering of an avatar"? That's the one thing that piques my interest.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By demontium
    @FlipperDesert said:
    " @demontium said:

" @FlipperDesert said:

" @demontium said:
    " I am really fat. "
    Well, you'd better lose weight quick or you won't ever see the end of Fable 3!  Seriously, this is a dumb idea, even if they do mean well. "
    Explain that joke to me. "
     As you wish: "Alternatively or in addition, the degree of health can unlock additional playing time or can unlock certain aspects of a game, such as additional levels." "
    Wow that is the gayest Peter has done. 

Either way Fable sucks compared to a game like zelda, so no point in getting it IMO. 
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ryanwho
    @ChristOnIce said:

" @ryanwho:   It is neither irresponsible nor a double standard of any sort.  A restaurant is free to ban smoking if they don't want it around, but they cannot ban smokers.  The argument that fat people hurt restaurant business carries no legal weight.  Burn victims often cause people to lose their appetites; should a restaurant be allowed to refuse them service?  How about ugly people?  Being fat, like these other examples, is within no immediate control.  I can choose not to smoke for an hour or two, but one cannot choose not to be fat for an hour or two.  That obesity is often the result of one's own actions is irrelevant. "

Have you ever been to a night club? Its private property, they should have the right to do all of those things and fear not the wrath of government intrusion. If he general public has a problem with it, let the restaurant deal with the general public. They shouldn't be forced to serve a fat person a steak if they have an issue with that. You want to confuse that with segregation, feel free, fat people love being painted victims.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Ghostiet

What's going to be next? They won't let you see swastikas and blood if you are German?!

Oh, wait.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Red

Great, now Microsoft wants to lower my self esteem, too.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Emilio
    @Brodehouse said:
    " First, they came for the fat gamers, and I did not speak out, for I was not fat. And then they came for the stupid gamers, and I did not speak out, for I was not stupid. And then they came for the ugly gamers... and there was no one left to speak out for me. "
    I get it ;)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Mikemcn: The Giant Bomb staff gets in front of real life cameras and Just Dances and scan the background and so on.  I'm sure they're comfortable enough with themselves that this isn't going to cause a shame spiral.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jack268

To incentivize people to improve their physical well-being, Microsoft's filing notes that gamers will be locked out of certain components of a game or a chat room until the proper health parameters are met.

If this happens, I'll probably cut my 360 in half with an axe. I'm not THAT unfit, but the fact that Microsoft will lock players out of games that they have paid Microsoft for is just retarded. Also this stuff can always missunderstand, Wii Fit thinks I weigh 1.4 kilos, and I was following the instructions perfectly. The reverse could as well happen "YOU WEIGH 300 KILOS NO VIDEO GAMING FOR YOU SIR" 

The physical characteristics can be further extended to psychological traits associated with the physical person, including intelligence, religious beliefs, political affiliations, and hobbies that affect the rendering of an avatar," the application reads.   

People on XBL are allready retards, calling people niggers if they aren't as good at the game(Or too good) and now they will be able to whine about people's political and religious beliefs, with Microsoft helping them. I bet they'll lock people of certain beliefs out from playing certain games, too. Maybe Microsoft will bring religious leaders, such as the pope, in to decide which games are allowed. I honestly wouldn't be that surprised. Christians aren't allowed to play AC because it makes their religion seem weak! Oh yeah, games with profanities can't be allowed either. Essentially, everyone except atheists would be allowed to play the same games as a three year old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.