Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

RRod Home Repair Kit

LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

Now wouldn't make sense to make something like this. I've seen how microsoft treats rrod they just plug in a wire to the usb port. So if we get that software on our computers and treat our own 360's wouldn't that be cool.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MsCortana

Great idea, however, you have to think about who's hands these kits would be in.....I mean, if you've played on live then you know, some people shouldn't even have control of a mic much less a repair kit...lol!  Not everyone has the brain capacity to follow simple instructions and that is sad indeed. :P

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

If this was so easy they would have sold the software rather than waste millions (billions?) on free 3 year warranties.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lethalki11ler

Agreed with Vinchenzo
    I'm guessing it's more complicated than that but yeh would save a lot of time

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    MsCortana said:
    "Great idea, however, you have to think about who's hands these kits would be in.....I mean, if you've played on live then you know, some people shouldn't even have control of a mic much less a repair kit...lol!  Not everyone has the brain capacity to follow simple instructions and that is sad indeed. :P
    "
    Well, it doesn't necessarily need to be a home repair kit, they could give it to retailers, people take broken 360's into a game store, they plug it in and you've got a working 360.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

The point of not releasing a public kit, from what I just inferred, is warranty. When they bring your Xbox in to fix it, they make sure it isn't modded or has voided the warranty in any way. I think they should be commended on their hard work with the red lights problems, sure you may have gotten 2, 3, even 4 new systems but that's coming out of their pocket. It only took me a week and a half to send it out and get it back, so it wasn't a big problem to me.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Termite

Yeah but then they can't be sure if it ain't a modded 360, like Vinchenzo said.

They have an agenda too ya know

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Torrim

Also usually the reason that you have a RRoD is that your entire motherboard has melted, and said software would be useless if you couldn't replace the damaged hardware.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.