Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

So... my wife likes Mass Effect - stealing 360

• 52 results
    Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Genjai

My wife beat Mass Effect 2 yesterday - including all the DLC (before me, might I add). She's been playing through ME1 & ME2 for the past 4 months. Today, she immediately started playing Mass Effect 1 again. I've been working her into games since we started dating about 4 years ago. My plan has finally come to fruition, and it has backfired. She is now playing the 360 and I'm sitting here at my computer. What have I done?

So, Giantbomb, how about your significant others? Anyone else out there getting their 360's stolen?

gill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gill

Not a 360, but I got my DS Lite stolen. Then it broke. And then I got my DSi stolen. Regardless, job well done.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RE_Player1

Nope. I'm the only "gamer" in my house :)

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By buzz_clik

I did when Fable II came out, because my lass was mad into that game. I didn't mind so much because it was fun watching what she did. She's into the idea of the Fable III, too, so I'm assuming the 360 will be hers when the game is released.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By meteora

Well, that certainly backfired. Never really expected that someone else would hog your console like that.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

You should buy her a 360 as a gift for Christmas.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ThePencil

Duct tape barbed wire to the controller and invest in a taser; i find thats the best way to deal with other people wanting to play my consoles (significant others, kids, mom, even the cat. It works on everyone)

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By sagesebas
    @Genjai: Be careful what you wish for, but that's cool anyways, try and play co-op or multiplayer with her that'd be idle, also from what I've heard Heavy Rain can be fun with another person watching. That is if you have a ps3
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I'm pretty much the only person who plays games in my house. Although I remember my parents really liking Keen, which is pretty cool. I think my mom might have been better at it than I ever was.

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Genjai
    @buzz_clik: Yeah, she loved Fable II. I pre-ordered Fable III for her birthday - Shh! Don't tell ;^)

@Meteora: I never thought that would happen either... I bought her a DS a couple years ago, but she's taken more to big cinematic storylines.

@JJOR64: You know... I've thought about buying her a 360 for Christmas... It's tempting, but we really don't have the money. hehe, never thought that would happen, either :^)
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By clarke0

Well since your sitting at the computer... you should play computer games :)

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By scarace360

Start playing pc games.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HS21

If she does something you don't like, just raise your right hand over and behind your shoulder and look at your open palm, then her, then your open palm, then her.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By jorbear

Yeah, probably buy another 360 and such, or just switch to the PC side of the spectrum... 
    We want you over here...

martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By martindn

Im the only one who plays in my house, but i got my ds stolen by my mum recently (Interestly to play dragon quest IX) which i wasnt too excited about tbh, whats the most frustrating about your family trying to play your games is that THEY ALWAYS ASK FOR HELP TO PLAY IT. ugh...

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By guiseppe

My gf loves her some Portal and BioShock. But she only plays for short periods of time, so I'm good.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I would tell you to marry her, but it looks like you've already done that. Either way, this isn't a bad thing, just try to find some games both of you enjoy playing together.

Aarduil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aarduil
    @Genjai:

My girlfriend regularly occupies my PC to play her female Shepard. She has a weaker PC she finished ME1 on, but ME2 is beyond the poor machine's league.

It's okay though. I also find her hatred for Asari (and love of Krogan) very amusing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This is where you convince her that you need two televisions and two 360s.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Does she play renegade or paragon?

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blazerx9x

Shit happens, i`m not the only person who play`s video games in my house, my sister does, but not that much, her boyfriend does every once and a while.

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teaspoon83

I too lost the 360 when Fable II came out and will lose it again when III arrives this October. I've joked about getting another TV and 360 but really, if it takes a while and I go through my PC games, I'm grabbing another TV and 360.

Furyjoell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Furyjoell

My consoles get hijacked from time to time. But she never plays for very long so it's cool with me.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By unchained
     OP, you did a good thing getting your girl hooked on games. Kudos!  

If it's really bugging you, talk to her about sharing some 360 time.  Like the other posters' girlfriend, my wife was hooked on Fable II and no doubt I'll have to share the 360 for Fable III. It's really great being hooked up with a girl who is also a gamer.@Aarduil
    said:
    " @Genjai:

My girlfriend regularly occupies my PC to play her female Shepard. She has a weaker PC she finished ME1 on, but ME2 is beyond the poor machine's league.

It's okay though. I also find her hatred for Asari (and love of Krogan) very amusing.

"
    My wife is the exact same way haha. Btw, your avatar is awesome. Pathfinder RPG is so goddamn great. 
    Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By killer_meatballs

That's funny.  My wife gets motion sickness just watching me play games, so my consoles are safe. 
    But...she's addicted to Angry Birds, so she's taken over my iPhone.

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Genjai
    @TheGreatGuero:  Yeah, I'm so lucky to have her! And, we'll split the time somehow. Also, we play lots of Rockband together, but I'm going to try get Borderlands soon. It looks like it has couch co-op, so that might work.

@Aarduil: Yeah, it's been really enjoyable watching my wife react to the ME characters. She fell for the Drell in ME2, kinda surprising to me, but I think it was Kat Bailey who mentioned on a podcast several months ago that he was the best choice for female Shepards, too.

@JoyfullOFrockets: She played strict Paragon the first time - more to keep with the character she was going for. She just started her Renegade playthrough of ME1, and she told me she's had difficulty with some of it. Other times, she really enjoys beating people up :^)
    Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pics

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By killer_meatballs
    @hedfone said:
    " pics "
    should have seen that coming!
    RaceKickfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RaceKickfist
    @buzz_clik said:
    " I did when Fable II came out, because my lass was mad into that game. I didn't mind so much because it was fun watching what she did. She's into the idea of the Fable III, too, so I'm assuming the 360 will be hers when the game is released. "
    this. oh, Dear Heavenly Father, this

when Fable 3 drops i'm going to time that purchase with something for myself for the PC. something that will take a lot of time. possibly new vegas. because even the puppy dog face/foot rub combo wont get that 360 back in October.
    Aarduil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aarduil
    @Genjai said:

" She fell for the Drell in ME2, kinda surprising to me, but I think it was Kat Bailey who mentioned on a podcast several months ago that he was the best choice for female Shepards, too. 

So did my girlfriend, I guess he's a really popular guy
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By flaminghobo

I dated a girl that played video games. However, we never actually did play video games together, unfortunately.

bulletzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bulletzing

Dude, that is hot! A chick playing Mass Effect is very attractive! :)

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

My last girlfriend actually enjoyed watching me play 360, but hated actually playing it. The one before that hated watching but instead would rip the controller out of my hand so she could play. Which do you think I liked better?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BraveToaster

You know she's a keeper when she plays Mass Effect.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

That's cool and stuff. Thankfully my lady is not that into games (even though I try), and the most she will use the 360 for is Rockband which we play religiously which I am always down to play.

Now when I want to shoot dudes in the face and my 360 is being used for something else (netflix etc.) I still have my trusty PC to fall back on to satiate my lust for blood.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I had a boyfriend addicted to WoW, he didn't steal my pc to play it but he wouldn't shut up about it either. 

Granted tho, the Dragon Age/Mass Effect series are a hit with the ladies, some of my girlfriends went so far to buy an xbox to play Dragon Age...>.>

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sagesebas said:
    "also from what I've heard Heavy Rain can be fun with another person watching. That is if you have a ps3 "
    It is. Like, very much so.
    Bernoulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bernoulli

My wife hates my games. Occasionally I can get her to play games where you shoot zombies in co-op, l4d and COD-WAW's zombie mode. I think she likes/hates zombies or something. Other than that she used to wanna co-op New Super Mario Bros wii, but we got all the stars and I don't want to play that anymore. 

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Genjai
    @RaceKickfist said:
    " @buzz_clik said:
    " I did when Fable II came out, because my lass was mad into that game. I didn't mind so much because it was fun watching what she did. She's into the idea of the Fable III, too, so I'm assuming the 360 will be hers when the game is released. "
    this. oh, Dear Heavenly Father, this.  when Fable 3 drops i'm going to time that purchase with something for myself for the PC. something that will take a lot of time. possibly new vegas. because even the puppy dog face/foot rub combo wont get that 360 back in October. "
    Haha, it's so true! I have about a 38% success rate with the puppy dog face/foot rub combo.

@Aarduil said:
    " @Genjai said:

" She fell for the Drell in ME2, kinda surprising to me, but I think it was Kat Bailey who mentioned on a podcast several months ago that he was the best choice for female Shepards, too. 

So did my girlfriend, I guess he's a really popular guy "

I'll be really interested to see what ME3's choices will be for both Male & Female Shepards.

@PrivateIronTFU: The first girl? Maybe? Hard to say; it would get annoying if my wife ripped the controller from my hands.

@Axxol: She certainly is! :^D

@TaliciaDragonsong: Wow, that's surprising and awesome! On the other hand, ME & DA:O are totally worth buying a console to play.

@Bernoulli: My wife is scared of zombies, otherwise, she would probably kill zombies with me, too. A couple we know plays a lot of L4D as well - I think there's something to this female-killing-zombies thing.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Genjai: 
    Yup, Mass Effect was the first game that made a voice in my head say: This is next gen.^^
    sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By sparklykiss

Borderlandds is quite possibly one of the best couple games. The split screen is a little weird when you use the menus, though. But I think that'd be a great choice for the both of you. She'd probably really like Fallout as well. 

Deathspank is fun for couch co-op, too. If/When you ever get a PS3, Little Big Planet would be great. But for Fable III? You may need to just stick with that Earthbound you have. It's going to be all you have during the magical Fable month, haha.

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Genjai
    @Sparklykiss: Good to hear about Borderlands! Looking forward to trying it with her - and Deathspank as well. But, you're right :^( October-November will be Fable month in the Genjai-household.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hatking

She'll "borrow" my laptop get on my Facebook account and make me look like an ass. hahah....
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By Red

I always thought it would be fun to do a Mass Effect playthrough where someone just does all the dialog options and decisions while the other person actually plays the game. 

Regardless, my family plays games fairly casually, although I'm the only one who ever spends any money on games. So they mooch, but fairly rarely.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DrPockets000

You could punch her in the ovaries and take the controller back, but in the meantime your friends at Giant Bomb are here to ease your pain!

tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By tranquilchaos

My woman has her own damn 360 dammit...

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Genjai
    @HatKing: haha, the Facebook steal.

@Red: I actually tried playing FFXII with her while we were dating. I played most of the gameplay, and she watched. It was ok, except that she was never over enough to play. Consequently, I never got to finish FFXII even from when it was released.

@tranquilchaos: Ugh, I wish I could get her a 360 for herself. Or better yet, upgrade myself to a shiny new 250 GB and let her have the old one. But, that will have to wait another year or so... if ever. Actually, it depends more on how bad this problem gets.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iam3green

well good job on that. it is kind of sad that it would happen that you can't play your 360 anymore. get her, her own xbox 360 sometime so you both could play.

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By ptc
    @Genjai:
    Get her a copy of Alan Wake.  It's the only game this year that my wife has been interested in watching me play.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By RobotHamster

Get the PS3 version when it comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.