No recent wiki edits to this page.
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy is a card game developed and published by Konami Corporation for the Game Boy Advance platform.
In Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy the player is in the role of a new student which has just enrolled in the Duel Academy (which was founded by Kaiba from the original anime series). This new student forms a friendship with the students of the Slifer Red wing of the school. These new friends are; Jaden Yuki, Syrus Truesdale, and Chumley Huffington.
The goal of the player is to work the way up the card battling ladder by defeating the other students in the school one by one.
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy is primarily a card battling game, but also has story and even some basic role playing elements. The basic rule set is almost identical to other Yu-Gi-Oh games that use the real life card game rule set, but this time around features the characters from the Yu-Gi-Oh GX anime series rather than the original.
The player starts off in the Slifer Red dorm. Once all of the duelists in the Slifer Red dorm have been defeated, then it moves on to the Ra Yellow dorm followed by the Blue Obelisk dorm.
- D-Pad - The D-Pad controls the on screen cursor, which can be moved left, right, up, or down.
- A Button - The A button is used to confirm choices and menu options.
- B Button - The B button is used to cancel choices and menu options.
- R Button - The R button is used to change the view of the camera by pressing it, or view a cards details by holding it down.
- L Button - The L button is used to reset the cursor to the first card in the players hand.
- Start Button - The start button is used slightly different depending on whether the player is in a duel or outside of a duel. If in a duel then the start button will allow the player to view the status of the duel or change options. If outside of a duel then the start button takes the player directly into the PDA.
- Select Button - The select button is only used in a duel and will display the current time played in the current duel.