Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

is ubisoft kidding?! this is an outrage!

• 64 results
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By mikemcn
    @Ygg said:
    @PeasantAbuse said:
    "

How is Assassins Creed on the PC anyway?  I can't imagine playing it with a keyboard.

"
    The same on consoles but with much better graphics and framerate.Plug a pad in? It's not hard
    A gamepad would make that game alot better in PC, I enjoyed it on keyboard but holding shift and space constantly wasn't ideal. 
    Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Devildoll
    @John1912:  yeah and really , the horse itself is just an entity like a box or a tree . the only thing that really governs its speed is what the developers set it as.

its not like a car is going to have a lower top speed on an office computer than on a killer rig.
    even though the game might stutter , the object should still be traveling at its predefined speed.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By PeasantAbuse
    @Ygg said:
    @PeasantAbuse said:
    "

How is Assassins Creed on the PC anyway?  I can't imagine playing it with a keyboard.

"
    The same on consoles but with much better graphics and framerate.Plug a pad in? It's not hard

Weird, I never noticed any framrate issues on my 360.
    Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Devildoll
    @PeasantAbuse:  everyone has their own opinion on what a good framerate is, apparently the console versions of brotherhood are capped at 30 , so there is alot of room for improvement , even if a consistent 30 is okay for some.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't even understand how this is a thing you complain about... 

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @mesklinite said:
    SSD is the way of the future! They cost an arm and a leg though.
    And some of them has a shorter life span than Bastian Boogers underpants.
    Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Devildoll
    @LiquidPrince:  the part where the game engine is possibly so shoddy that it needs more than regular harddrives to stream in assets at an acceptable rate , thats the part people can complain about.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NTM

It runs faster, what's not to like?
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Devildoll said:
    @LiquidPrince:  the part where the game engine is possibly so shoddy that it needs more than regular harddrives to stream in assets at an acceptable rate , thats the part people can complain about.
    Except that... it doesn't. It runs perfectly fine on regular hard drives. It just runs better on SSD. Big surprise.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By warxsnake
    @Devildoll: OP, before slandering a developer and passing misinformation, do some research into how game engines function, especially open world games that have huge dependencies on streaming assets, streaming textures and streaming geometry into sectors of the world.  Disk speed has a lot to do with your overall performance and framerate in open world games, why the fuck do you think most games now need to be installed on your console for example? Because in certain cases, the PS3's 2x bluray disk reader is too slow to stream the amount of information required, same case for the xbox, and same case for the PC.  
    Where the fuck do you think assets are stored and streamed from? Outer Space? The Cloud? Your anus? While a regular hard drive is perfectly fine to run open world games, an SSD CERTAINLY helps a whole lot in streaming assets into an open world game, which is exactly what the video is meant to show, and thus didn't merit your shit freak-out post. It is such a game changer that if SSD's were in consoles right now, you would see incredibly larger open world games because we would be able to afford them, and the visual quality would be on par with corridor-shooter games that can afford higher visual fidelity.  

"  @benjaebe:  @MurderByDeath:  if they mean that the enviroment wouldnt load in time for  a fast horse on a regular harddrive , then it could makes sense , but if they mean that the horse itself can run faster cause of the ssd , its total bullshit."

No shit they meant the world streamed faster. No they really meant horse animations go faster on SSD. You just negated your entire thread and argument with that modicum of sense.     

You seem perplexed by the horse. Well let me reiterate what you eluded to just now. The horse travels at a certain speed, determined by the developer. That speed is governed by many gameplay and technical factors, one of which being asset streaming. If the horse travels too fast, on say the console version, you would start seeing models and textures disappear and pop in and out, because frankly the engine streaming process can't keep up with the speed you are going at. This sounds trivial, but it is a serious issue, to the point where it could easily cause hard locks and crashes. So this is why there is a certain speed set on the horse, and this is why the horse CAN GO FASTER IF YOU CAN LOAD THE WORLD FASTER. 
    Vehicles in Farcry2 had a speed limit of ~40KM/H for this reason (no fast moving jets or choppers, only a slow glider). Read dead Redemption had horse speed limits for that reason as well (as well as a barren environment). 

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Devildoll
    @LiquidPrince:  so ubisoft own video showing a non ssd computer not able to sprint is a lie?

@warxsnake:

Yeah im totally accepting that most games are too big to load straight into the ram   (especially on consoles).
    i have not said otherwise.
    but i cant recall any other game that seems to need the amount transfer rates brotherhood apparently needs.
    and i cant really say brotherhood has incredibly detailed environments compared to other decent games.
    and therefore should not need an ssd to pull this off , in my opinion. ( unless they have a stupid way of handling assets / crappy streaming-pipeline )

you can play with the physics in for example gta 4 , making you propel in a random direction at several kilometers per second , that doesn't seem to bother rage at all.
    i havnt compared the details in the two games , but im guessing rage is a bit more forgiving with the pop-in here.

everyone reading the thread should by now get that the ssd doesn't affect the horse itself , it just lets the developers put in a higher digit in the horses speed variable , basicly.
    but if you read the statement they put out , it almost sounds like intel slammed brotherhood onto an ssd , and magically the horses started to run faster. but that statement really leaves alot out for interpretation.

i might do some testing with brotherhood later , just to find out how much it burdens a regular drive , both in transfer rate and over all active time.
    xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62  Edited By xpgamer7

I think they consider HDD speed to be "normal" and SSD to be "improved". SSD wasn't the standard in the first place.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63  Edited By crusader8463

He was obviously holding down the sprint button on the SSD side.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By thegoldencat7

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.