Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Dark Souls notes from Namco keynote.

• 164 results
    moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By moncole

@Tennmuerti said:

GFWL likely means it will not even be available in my region lol Just like Batman Arkham City, Section 8 Prejudice, Gotham City Impostors, etc... Nice going.

Same here and they wonder why people pirate games. And this game better not be 60$, it should be 30$.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By solidwolf52

What does 90% sold through mean?

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By BooDoug187
    Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Deusx

@Lysergica33 said:

The Dark Souls facebook page is an utter shitstorm right now. NOBODY is satisfied. PC Gamers up in arms about GFWL... Console gamers up in arms about no clarification about the extra content coming to consoles or not... From make great games and all, but their PR is hilariously bad.

So yeah, if any of you want to retain what little faith in humanity you may have left, avoid that page like the fucking plague.

That's because they're japanese.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By mikemcn

Kinda dumb that had to hobble it with GFWL, but I'm still interested.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By ToxicFruit

Maybe it is on GFWL so they wont have to make any new achievements that are specifically for steam, that way they can use the same ones as for xbox.

Though if that is the case that is a little lazy

But what ever now more people can enjoy Dark Souls which will hopefully lead to more Souls games in the future.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Marz

box art is allright 

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @CL60 said:

I like GFWL. Never had issues with it, and I like raising my gamerscore on PC games.

This exactly, plus you totally get to double up on achievement points if you played it on 360 already. I will be buying this game again.
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By Cincaid
    Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Chop

They are going out of their way to listen to your stupid ass petition and instead of being happy, you all just bitch.

Well, no. You guys are mostly fine but in some corners of the internet...fuck.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By Lysergica33

Okay I take back my previous post, everyone should go and check the facebook Dark Souls page, this shit is fucking hilarious!

On the subject of console player abandonment issues: "DONT ABANDING US"

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BooDoug187

@Lysergica33 said:

Okay I take back my previous post, everyone should go and check the facebook Dark Souls page, this shit is fucking hilarious!

Thats where I got the link for that petition, one of the people commenting on the pics posted the link.

I don't care myself. I got it on PS3, just havent had time to play it as much as I played Demon's Souls.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By flasaltine
    Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Lysergica33

@BooDoug187 said:

@Lysergica33 said:

Thats where I got the link for that petition, one of the people commenting on the pics posted the link.

I don't care myself. I got it on PS3, just havent had time to play it as much as I played Demon's Souls.

I have it on PS3 as well, and while I think the tone of how most people are voicing their distate for the choice to go with GFWL is incredibly juvenile, they have a point. I signed the petition, what's the worst it could do?

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By gike987

Fuck GFWL it has caused nothing but problems for me. I won't be buying the PC version then.

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By arch4non
    Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Deusx

Fuck your petitions people just enjoy the game and be thankfull it's getting released. It's obviously not FROM SOFTWARE's fault. It's microsoft. The developers can't do anything about it. They already have a contract with them since they released the game on XBox 360.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ShaggE
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm still cautiously optimistic. But I'll wait until this launches and is patched before I make any purchasing decisions. Worst case scenario: Purchase legit copy, download pirate copy with GFWL stripped out.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By eroticfishcake

Eh GFWL won't be my first choice but I'll be happy to buy it anyway since it's better then no DaS on PC and if they already have the logo slapped on the box then they probably already in agreement with MS. Still, it won't be out until a few months so hopefully they'll pop in Steam as well.

Also that petition's goal to get rid of GWFL is WAAAAY over the top considering the original petition to bring DaS to the PC in the first place has only 92,419 signatures as of today. Still signed it though because why not I say.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#71  Edited By aleryn

Oh cool. I'd like to see the mod scene for this post release.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By StrikeALight

@Aleryn said:

Oh cool. I'd like to see the mod scene for this post release.

As long as everyone isn't clamouring to make the game easier.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By gike987

This game will be a disaster. It's a long punishing game with a single save file and GFWL is infamous for deleting/corrupting save files. Have fun when inexplicable lose your New Game+ character.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By Animasta

@gike987 said:

This game will be a disaster. It's a long punishing game with a single save file and GFWL is infamous for deleting/corrupting save files. Have fun when inexplicable lose your New Game+ character.

Is it? When's the last time that happened? Arkham city wasn't just like that on hte PC, but the PS3 as well

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Mijati

Never had any problems with GFWL either. And if the game is on steam you'll likely be able to buy the DLC through steam (and maybe have to redeem the code in game too, but no big deal).

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MiniPato

I don't care about achievements, so if that's the only saving grace of GFWL, then no thanks. It wouldn't let me save in GTA4 cause I didn't have an account. And when I did make an account, it still wouldn't let me save cause it couldn't verify my account. I've made two accounts to try and save my game in GTA4 and it bugged the fuck out.

@MacEG said:

People raging over this having GFWL.... this is definitely a first world problem.

So is complaining about the Mass Effect 3 ending or anything about games in general. Hell, complaining over anything that is a luxury is a first world problem. I don't know if you noticed, but the giant bomb dudes complain about first world problems all the time.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77  Edited By crusader8463

Shame they are going to burden it with GFWL. Everything from the petition up to now made it seem like everything was going too well for this to not have some ball bustingly huge catch. Never would have guessed that it was going to be GFWL. Oh well, one less game to buy is a relief to my wallet. Guess they thought adding the meta game of making GFWL games actually work properly to be in line with how frustrating the game was. Match made in Hell.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By CL60

@rebgav said:

@Deusx said:

It's obviously not FROM SOFTWARE's fault. It's microsoft. The developers can't do anything about it. They already have a contract with them since they released the game on XBox 360.

That's nonsense. It's probably just quicker, cheaper and easier to get the PC version out there by porting the 360 version to GFWL rather than adopting steamworks. It's a perfectly reasonable course of action and the people losing their shit over it are just being assholes.

It's the internet being the internet. Complaining about everything. If a PC game comes out these days and it's not Steamworks, get ready for some rage.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's some proper details about the new content, from the Dark Souls website:

• New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
    • PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
    • New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
    • New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
    • New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
    • New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs

(add to main post, @kishinfoulux ?)

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80  Edited By crusader8463

@rebgav said:

@Deusx said:

It's obviously not FROM SOFTWARE's fault. It's microsoft. The developers can't do anything about it. They already have a contract with them since they released the game on XBox 360.

That's nonsense. It's probably just quicker, cheaper and easier to get the PC version out there by porting the 360 version to GFWL rather than adopting steamworks. It's a perfectly reasonable course of action and the people losing their shit over it are just being assholes.

What? How are people not wanting to play a game that is being burdened with DRM that is notoriously buggy and a pain in the ass to get to work properly being ass holes? That makes no sense.

Avatar image for crimsonlordofwar
    crimsonlordofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By crimsonlordofwar

@CL60 said:

@rebgav said:

@Deusx said:

It's the internet being the internet. Complaining about everything. If a PC game comes out these days and it's not Steamworks, get ready for some rage.

So the fact that half the games I have for GFWL I can't use or save is just me and everyone else overreacting and being immature assholes, not to mention the complete inaccessibility of games from GFWL in many smaller areas......yep, thats exactly what it is.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Requiring GFWL is basically just conceding to poor sales. A lot of PC gamers know it's junk and won't bother with it regardless of what game it is. how many people lost their 40+ hour save games in Batman Arkham City to GFWL bugs? I know of at least 4 people, not including myself.

I have the PS3 version, so I'll probably just save myself the frustration.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ExplodeMode

Was there a crowd at the keynote?  GWL seems like one of those things that would get an audible groan.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

gfwl is a bummer, but I will get the game nonetheless ... I just hope it will be on Steam ... GFWL AND no steam would be a dealbreaker.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85  Edited By eroticfishcake

@drag: So essentially "Dark Souls...and more". As I said before, I don't like GFWL much but to turn down an excellent game with extra content (I didn't expect this much) is a little drastic of a decision. Still, fingers crossed for a Steam release.

@ExplodeMode said:

Was there a crowd at the keynote? GWL seems like one of those things that would get an audible groan.

Oh man that'll be funny reminder of something from last year:

Boo! Hiss! Grrr!

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SlasherMan

@Krakn3Dfx said:

Requiring GFWL is basically just conceding to poor sales. A lot of PC gamers know it's junk and won't bother with it regardless of what game it is. how many people lost their 40+ hour save games in Batman Arkham City to GFWL bugs? I know of at least 4 people, not including myself.

This.

Aside from GFWL itself being a broken platform, GFWL games on steam are all region-restricted ever since the Dirt 2 fiasco it seems (where people got basically locked out of multiplayer because their GFWL account was assigned to a country that wasn't "supported", so they lost their keys and lost a huge part of the game because of it). So now any country that is not officially supported by GFWL (that is all countries aside from the 13 or so mentioned on MS's site) will not have the game available for purchase on Steam. So, yeah, it's going to be automatically less sales even if people don't mind the GFWL thing.

GFWL is a terrible disease on PC, but I can also see why they'd go for it considering it'd be the easier route to take when you're porting an Xbox game.

I'll still buy it, but I'm not happy at all about GFWL's inclusion. Normally I don't mind if it's a single player game like the Batman AS and AC, but when it's dependent on a large multiplayer portion it's quite the turn off. It's just plain crap.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#87  Edited By musubi
    PC Box art
    PC Box art
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By emem
    @Demoskinos: Is that official? It looks awesome.
    bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By bighat_logan

Oh fuck a 6 winged white lion monster.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ExplodeMode
    @eroticfishcake: The reactions on stage are always the best part.
    crimsonlordofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By crimsonlordofwar

@rebgav:

What part of games are region locked or don't run or save for many people you don't get. It's not about just making it work, I had to download a crack to get Batman AC to work.....and I own the damn thing.

TheWyotee93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By TheWyotee93

Please put the dlc on consoles! I didn't put 150+ hours into my one character to not be able to play all this stuff

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MrKlorox

Shit, GFWL? So typical for a dev/pub so out of touch with the PC community. Oh well, at least the achievements will count.

crimsonlordofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By crimsonlordofwar

@rebgav:

If you can't manage to get GFWL games to work as intended then don't buy them.

Thats the whole point of people complaining. Because they WANT to buy the damn thing, and the game servers are region locked as well, its not just purchasing a game.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By mordukai
    Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care about the region locking, but GFWL has me questioning how well this port is going to be. I guess I was right to be slightly cynical.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By SlasherMan

@rebgav said:

@Top8cat said:

@rebgav:

What part of games are region locked or don't run or save for many people you don't get. It's not about just making it work, I had to download a crack to get Batman AC to work.....and I own the damn thing.

If a game is not available in your region then it's not available in your region. Complain to the publisher.

I don't think you undertand. It's not the publisher.

1. GFWL games have all been getting region restricted on Steam, so you can't buy them there if you live in a country that is not officially supported by GFWL (whatever the hell that even means). You can still buy them on GamersGate, GreenMan, and others though. Clearly, that's not the publisher, otherwise you'd get the same treatment everywhere.
    2. If you're using a Live account that is assigned to an unsupported country, and you use that account to register a GFWL game, you lose you serial key and all online access that the game would otherwise have offered (multiplayer, leaderboards, etc). You don't get a warning, you just get a message AFTER it's done and over with saying "Sorry, get the fuck out!". Which is why I believe Valve just started locking down GFWL games after a couple of games had these issues, with their forums and CS exploding when users asked for different serials, or some sort of reimbursement. They just didn't want to deal with it. The game publishers didn't want to deal with it. And Microsoft didn't and sure as hell doesn't want to deal with it.

But sure, it's just idiots complaining, right? It can't possibly be for legitimately valid reasons just because it works so great for you.

crimsonlordofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By crimsonlordofwar

@WilltheMagicAsian:

Funny, because I'm the opposite. I'm not really to worried about the port, as long as it runs well I'm happy, but yes, GFWL does come off as sort of a quick money port. Which tends to cause more harm then good.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Top8cat said:

@WilltheMagicAsian:

Funny, because I'm the opposite. I'm not really to worried about the port, as long as it runs well I'm happy, but yes, GFWL does come off as sort of a quick money port. Which tends to cause more harm then good.

Personally, I think they're just using GFWL to avoid having to recode their multiplayer, I assume that GFWL allows them to port over the networking stuff with minimal modification. Which in a way, is good because they could easily break it using some other service they're not familiar with. But my expectations are lowered for the PC port. It really comes down to how they're going to handle the PC interface now.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#100  Edited By benspyda

Why go with GFWL when you can go with steam integration. I'm sure it will still be on steam and I can at least get some 360 chevos out of it but still GFWL is a horrible mess to deal with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.