Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Death Stranding

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2019

The first game from game director Hideo Kojima after his departure from Konami, Death Stranding is a third-person action-adventure game where the goal is to dredge through a ravaged wasteland to reconnect isolated cities and prevent a mass extinction.

Conan Visits Kojima.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So now even Conan will be an NPC in Death Stranding. I do remember Kojima saying there will be a lot of guest characters, but I didn't think late night talk show hosts! What do you think about this? I find it to be a tad cringy, but still fun I guess?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoOzak

Sure why not, it's no less cringey than all the backer shit in Kickstarter games.

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really have zero interest in Kojima’s love for celebrities and Hollywood and putting them all in his games. Really does not add anything of value for me to see Conan’s face pop up.

He's allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants of course, I've always found it a bit tiring.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Did Hideo ask him what is best in life?

Loading Video...

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Tom_omb

Looks like Conan actually provided his own voice. Will there be other guests with their real voice?

Conan's my hero, the best late night host and a legend. This remote was okay, not Conan's best, but it was neat seeing Kojima's office and toy collection.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is definitely way more interesting to me than any of his other celebrity cameos, simply because it is appropriately silly/stupid.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I am on-fucking-board with your assessment. Holy shit!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be fascinated if this thing turned into a complete, catastrophic failure. Seriously. It's not enough for this game to be reviewed well and sell. This needs to be some kind of triple-album, passion-project calamity.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s not...it’s...just. Really?

Guys, that was a bit.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

DT9k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfect.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I think this is perfect. With all the rather grim trailers out for the game I completely forgot that Kojima sprinkles in these completely goofy and absurd side bits that break the mood and I love it. This has got me more excited to play the game and see all the wacky gear you can get and the cameos he got.

At the end of the day this is a fun thing in a game to see. I continue to be surprised by people having such negative reactions to everything Kojima does as if he somehow got one over on the gaming public and now people feel some personal vendetta against the guy. If this was a Rockstar game everyone would be really excited to see what celebrities they got in, but since it’s Kojima then it’s obviously masturbatory.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It makes this game into more of a joke than it already looks like

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Alias

@humanity: "With all the rather grim trailers out for the game I completely forgot that Kojima sprinkles in these completely goofy and absurd side bits that break the mood and I love it" is exactly how I feel about it. That contrast is what I'm looking for from a lot of the times from his games.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

It’s not...it’s...just. Really?

Guys, that was a bit.

That was what I thought when the clip first aired, but it isn't. His character is called The Wondering MC and he gives you a special suit once you've built a bond with him.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: wait? Really? It looks so...bad? That’s actually a real thing in the game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.