Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

PC Performance thread

cliffordbanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By cliffordbanes

So far from what I've read and seen these seem to be common issues:

• Stuttering and worse performance after 1-2 hours of gameplay. Seems to be some kind of memory leak bug. One solution is to restart the game.
    • Some people have reported that the slowdown and performance issues that occur after an hour of play are related to big clans. Some people have reported that leaving their clan or switching your region to a different region than your clan(Europe to Americas and vice versa) in the battle.net launcher have eliminated the performance issues that occur after running the game for an hour. Others have reported that leaving their clan or switching region doesn't make any difference. Give it a try and see if it works for you.
    • Lower performance in big open environments with lots of players. Might be due to CPU limitations or poor multi-threading support.
    • Lower performance after changing video settings. Restarting the game solves it.
    • AMD Phenom users crashing.
    • AMD Vega users crashing in the "six" story mission when nearing the building. One solution is to play the game on another computer or use the integrated graphics like Intel HD instead of your AMD card. AMD is looking into what is causing the crash. I guess that part of Nessus is kind of off limits for Vega users until they fix it. Fixed! AMD released a new driver update that fixes the crash: Radeon Software Crimson Relive 17.10.3.

As always from Andrew from Nvidia wrote a comprehensive video settings guide with interactive image comparisons for each setting.

Changing video settings a lot seems to cause to stutter issues. Restarting the game after changing your video settings seems to solve it.

For me it's been running fine at 60 on a Vega 56 on high with anti aliasing and SSAO off and DOF at low on 2160p(4k). It drops to 40-50 in big areas with lots of players though. I'm also getting lower performance after a couple of hours of running the game forcing me to restart the game.

How has your experience on the PC been?

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The stuttering is really killing it for me. It's not related to the frame rate in any way, it doesn't dip during the stutter. It's related to camera movement, because just moving with wasd doesn't cause it to stutter.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I've been playing it, I'm now on Io. The only place where this game has dropped below 60FPS for me is that planet you find Zavala on, I forget the name of it. It's huge and wide-open, there's a lot of stuff and players you can see, there are gigantic waves below you, it rains a lot, and frankly I'm surprised that my aging PC was able to keep up as well as it did. At the worst of times, the framerate was around the 40's.

Otherwise, I've had zero performance problems. I play on a 144Hz 1080p monitor, mostly high settings but some things turned to medium, and the framerate, for the most part, stays way above 60, often hanging around that 144 mark. i5 3470, 16GB RAM, GTX 970, if any of you were wondering. Performance in general has been wonderful for me. The rest of the game, I'm maybe a little iffier on, but this game runs smoother than pretty much any other AAA game I've played on it, this year or last, with the possible exception of stuff made by id Software.

At least that's my story. As with any PC game, anybody's experience can vary.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@doctordonkey: Try going to \AppData\Roaming\Bungie\DestinyPC\prefs and setting the frame limiter in the .xml there to 60, or whatever framerate your vsync if your are using is set to.

I found that lowering the FoV also helps quite a lot for frames in this game. Using FoV 80 is the only way I got to stable 60 all the time, even though I prefer using 95. Seems like my old i7 950 is getting hit quite hard, especially on Titan, but my 970 is holding its own. I have noticed the memory leak or whatever is going on after a couple of hours though, and yeah that annoying.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Performance has been smooth at 1080p with the highest settings for me.
    And while most PC games I play get all wonky with HDR enabled, Destiny 2's HDR looks incredible.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've noticed FPS dropping without neither CPU nor GPU going above 70% utilization. I've dropped some settings but that didn't change anything. I'll start the game again to see what's up, but that was definitely odd.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By nnickers

@geirr said:

And while most PC games I play get all wonky with HDR enabled, Destiny 2's HDR looks incredible.

I've never heard of a 1080p display with HDR support; out of curiosity, what are you playing on?

1440p - All setting maxed besides Foliage Shadows set to Medium

GTX 1070

i7-6700

Runs like a dream for me. Zero stutter, hasn't dropped below 60 yet and I justed reach Io.

You know that whole thing about self-selective sampling? This thread is, by nature, going to attract primarily those with issues. Even if they don't make up the majority of the game's population.

cliffordbanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of a bummer that you have to restart the game on an hourly basis to fix the performance bug but I guess a nintendo-like excuse or glass half full spin on it would be that you get a nice reminder to take a break ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Woodyrson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far, my entire play group has had the stuttering issues. Given all of our experiences, I can confirm that the stuttering seems to happen both after prolonged play and after fiddling with the video settings a good bit. Restarting the game always clears up the issue.

However, I have a problem that is seemingly unique to me. None of my friends have run into it and I can't find a single reference to it anywhere online. When I first started playing on Tuesday, the game was crashing for me about every 30 minutes. The image would freeze up, but the audio would continue playing as normal. Then after a few seconds, the game would crash. According to my friends, when it happened my character was just standing there kind of glitching out until my game crashed. I tend to be pretty lazy when it comes to driver updates, generally never updating unless I run into an issue. So, before playing yesterday, I updated to the latest 388.00 Nvidia drivers and restarted my PC. Things seemed like they were going to be better at first. I got about an hour of time in before crashing. Then after that, I got a solid 2+ more in before crashing again. I then verified the game files and it said no repair was required. I didn't play for long after that and didn't have another crash. After quitting last night, I uninstalled the game and let it reinstall overnight. So, I'll see if that gets rid of the problem today. Has anyone else run into that?

For the record, I know there is a seemingly widespread problem with the game crashing on systems running AMD Phenom processors, but that isn't my issue.

Aside from the memory leak-ish stuttering every couple hours and my crashing issues, the game runs wonderfully for me (when it's actually running). I'm averaging somewhere in the high-90's FPS with some drops down to the high-60's in larger outdoor areas and some spikes up into the 150's indoors. I run the game on the high preset with a couple things such as texture bumped up to highest at 1440p with an i5-4690k and a GTX 1080.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zurv

the game was running great for me (i was one of the people banned for no reason/then unbanned.). 120-200fps at 4k. All settings maxed. If fact i wish there was even higher AA setting, even at 4k there are still jaggys around. I didn't have any crashes either (well.. other than the one that happen right before then ban - but that was the only one after 5-6 hours of place).

that said, my system is over spec'd for the game. i9-7980xe (4.7ghz) and two Titan Xp in SLI (2ghz)

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the shit out D2 on Tuesday (about 14 hours with breaks) and the only place i experienced issues was on titian during my first walker event And that was after a couple of hours of game play. The game has been running butter smooth for me at 1080 with a mix of highest/high settings with a locked 60 FPS.

i3 6100 16GB DDR4 1060 6GB

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My rig:

CPU: i5-4690K @3.5 Ghz

GPU: GTX 980

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 2133 Mhz

Running off of a HDD

I have the game set at the highest preset, and it runs at a steady 60 at 1080p. I had a few dips down to the mid 50s during a few public events in the EDZ where there were a lot of enemies and players around, but it would only dip for a second or two, and then go back to 60. I'm guessing that's because I'm using SMAA for anti-aliasing, and that's always caused problems on my rig, so I'm surprised to see it running so smooth with SMAA on.

I was really impressed that the game kept my settings from the beta. Both my keybindings, and my graphics settings. I thought I'd have to change my keybindings back to what I had during the beta, but nope, they were saved.

I ended up playing for around four hours last night, and this game is awesome. I'm so happy that as a PC gamer, I'm able to play Destiny. The game is freakin' gorgeous. I think my friends were getting annoyed with me. Every couple of minutes I would say how beautiful the game is.

I'm glad I already decided to dedicate most of November to Destiny 2, because I can tell I'm going to spend a lot of time with this game.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnickers said:
    @geirr said:

I've never heard of a 1080p display with HDR support; out of curiosity, what are you playing on?

My display is LG 75" 2160p but my poor, aging PC (2nd gen i5, gtx 970) can't handle games too well at that resolution so I knock it down to 1080p when I want to have a steady 60fps.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti

Well after I got past the tutorial missions and into public space now I just keep getting constant "anteater" errors every 5 seconds so my character just keeps re spawning in the Farm zone over and over.

dumari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dumari

I haven't read all the posts but in case someone hasn't yet mentioned it; if you have Malwarebytes installed it appears to cause severe stuttering.

I had really weird stuttering and pacing issues after a few minutes of gameplay that got severely worse when someone joined my fireteam and disabling Malwarebtyes solved this issue for me.

Obviously your results may vary.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@dumari: Like Malwarebytes Active Scanning or just having it on your PC? Because it's on both my PC's, but I never have it on unless I'm running a Virus Scan, and I totally had the issue as well, but only once.

cliffordbanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zurv: You could run it at a resolution above 4k and then downsample it by using nvidia dynamic super resolution and/or resolution scaling above 100% in the video options.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hestilllives19

@zurv: Like Clifford said, set your Render Resolution to 200% at max settings at 4K, I honestly want to know if that will phase your PC.Though personally I think at 4K it probably looks better at 100%, seen here.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Casepb

Must be an AMD thing. Nvidia + Intel has perfect performance for me. No stuttering or slowing down of any sort.

Oh for those of you that are freezing about 1 hour or so in just disable SSAO.

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HeelBill

Running it maxed out at 130% sampling on a 1440p ultrawide monitor at around 100 fps. Wish there were better AA options; that's my only complaint.

i7 6700k gtx 1080ti 32gb ddr4 RAM

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By burncoat

I've seen the stuttering happening to multiple people across many different combinations of CPUs and GPUs. The only common point is the game, so it's definitely not hardware based. The best way I can describe it is that it's like an FPS drop but without your actual FPS being affected. For instance, the in-game FPS counter says 80-100 in my case but the game performs like it's running at 20.

Nobody really seems to know what's causing the stuttering/slowdown, but most seem to conclude that it's definitely a memory leak. Some people have found their performance going south immediately after the effect that displays when a Public Event starts. I think there's some truth to that since when I played the final Story missions for a few hours I didn't experience the same degree of stuttering as I'd get by wading through the open maps for 15 minutes. I still got some slowdown, so it might be a specific filter or effect that's actually causing the problem, but it was more akin to a 5 fps drop rather than a 30 fps drop.

I'm basically just going to play Destiny 2 on a "one mission at a time" basis until this issue is resolved. It's still up in the air about what is really causing the issue. I'm about 80% certain it's caused by Public Events, but another rumor going around is that it's because of the non-working clan roster list issue.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yep, it's smooth as butter until about an hour or so in and then my framerate dips from 60 to exactly 51. At this point it's stuttery as hell. Doing public events seems to hasten it to a degree. Near the end of my session last night I was doing a couple rounds of multiplayer and while it wasn't unplayable in a pvp context, it certainly made it more challenging. Restarts are the only thing that fix it short term; which can be tedious.

dumari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: I don't know if it was actively scanning at the time but it was running in the background. Simply closing the background process solved the problem for me (at least for the time being)

superscatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the stutter is clan based. I'll just copy what someone else said fixed the stuttering after 30-45 minute issue.

-------------

!IMPORTANT! Looks like i find a solution to solve the problem! it's temporary but you do not have to leave the clan! Let me explain. If you open the clan tab in the game, you can see that game cant find you clanmates, but she constantly tries. You can see constantly animated loading, like this:

https://image.prntscr.com/image/Z3h_gChIR9iLMUshI9xpSA.png

When I changed the server of the game in Battle.net (from Europe to USA) i find that:

https://image.prntscr.com/image/4YvqTokERSq_E8mhndUK_Q.png

No more loadning, game successfully displays your clanmates list, but no in my case I am alone (my clan playing on Europe server). As a result, just change you server through Battle.net. Probably you cant play with you clanmates, but you dont ned to leave the clan and game works just perfectly! What about ping: i played form Russia (St. Petersburg) and i dont have any problem with the US server.

P.S. Sorry for bad language

-----------

I did this and it runs buttery smooth. You won't be able to see your clan and my friends wouldn't show up on my friends list anymore. my friend and I had to both try to get into the same instance and then manually add each other as friends once we switched region

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I haven't noticed any obvious framerate dips at 3550x1440p on my 1080ti. Game looks great! If anything, some of the visual effects could probably be toned down; the rain stuff in the initial mission made things pretty tough to see.

L0dric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I keep getting error code buffalo when launching the game. The error code says that it's Battlenet being under maintenance, but sometimes restarting my pc will fix the issue. Sometimes the game won't actually quit and I have to task manager it down.

the_devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_devoid

Has anyone running an older Nvidia driver updated to the most recent and noticed performance improvements? Currently on 382.53 and don't want to update if there isn't going to be a boost in performance.

BlueStriped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was running the game on highest settings but started to have fps problems in multiple locations with high framerate but sluggish proformance. Turns out it was the texture settings that was causing the issue leaving that at low and everything else maxed out and running pretty much solid.

jgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@the_devoid: Driver update did nothing noticeable for mine. Performance is mostly good, frame rate stays over 100 the whole time, but the stuttering happens after playing for ~30 minutes and makes it mostly unplayable. Tried with VSYNC 60, 30, and off - plus all other levels of settings from the lowest to the highest - still stutters, and once it starts nothing but reboot fixes it. Looks like really bad screen tearing. Clan roster doesn't load for me either, so could be something to that.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else getting constant 60fps except for cut scenes which can be pretty choppy?

the_devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: Cut scenes run at 30, so maybe that is what you are noticing? My cutscenes run at a solid 30 based on the FPS counter, but obviously it doesn't look at smooth due to the lower frame rate.

Woodyrson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casepb: Thanks again for the SSAO tip. I tried it last night and thought I was onto something. But, I eventually ran into crashing issues again. I will say that I did have my longest crash-free session last night at nearly 3 hours. However, it eventually crashed as I was riding a sparrow on Nessus. Then crashed again shortly thereafter while on a loading screen (which was the first crash I've had that wasn't during gameplay).

I'm totally stumped here. The only widespread references I've found to crashing issues are related to sub-spec CPU's. I'm running an i5-4690k, so that shouldn't be my issue.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too was having performance degradation over time which was fixed by leaving the clan I was in. I did all of my testing with an i5 4690K with no overclock, a Strix 1060 with an overclock that's a bit higher than Asus' OC Mode preset, 8GBs of RAM, latest Nvidia drivers, playing at 1080p with all of the video advanced settings maxed out safe for 60 FPS V-sync and anti-alising set to FXAA (since I don't like how SMAA looks), render resolution at 100%, no HDR because I don't have a monitor with HDR, and chromatic aberration and film grain are both on, and I'm playing in the Americas region, as I live in North America, since that's apparently a relevant variable.

I don't have any Gamers Nexus-esque charts to show, but while I was in the clan, my performance was pretty solid while playing for about an hour, doing campaign missions, adventures and public events. I was obsessively checking the in game frame counter, but if I was getting any dips from 60 frames due to my system setup, I barely noticed them. But, after the first hour or so was when the stuttering began. I tried going to another planet, still stuttering. I tried going into orbit, still stuttering. I tried lowering my graphics settings to high and medium and also turned off V-sync and was "apparently" getting a frame rate in the mid 70's, but it was still stuttering. So, after someone over the GB Destiny Discord told me that clans seem to be the issue, a theory that was corroborated several times over on Bungie's forums. And lo and behold: I take one for the team, leave the clan, play the game for two or three hours with my original settings and doing the same things in the game and the stuttering didn't come back.

So, to my fellow Americans that are in a clan and are also having this issue, maybe hold off on being in a clan until after a patch or two fixes this and just team up using friends lists?

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hestilllives19

Just an FYI from yesterday's TWAB. Keep in mind this is probably the best TWAB they've done since launch. There was a lot of talk from Christopher Barrett about things they are working on for the future of the game, all really great things. It's worth a read.

Destiny 2 PC Launch: Known Issues

Since the release of Destiny 2 on PC, we have been recording verified issues within the Vital Information and Known Issues thread. The following is a list of confirmed issues that have come up since launch:

• SSSE3 Required: Destiny 2 will not run on processors without Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 (SSSE3). PLEASE NOTE: We’ve seen a number of reports of crashes on CPUs that fall below our stated minimum specs (e.g. AMD Phenom II series). We are investigating the issue and will attempt to fix the crash, but these CPUs are below minimum spec and are not officially supported.
    • AMD Vega crashes: We are aware of player-reported crashes at Mission Six for players using AMD Vega GPUs, and are we working with our partners to investigate this issue.
    • Clan Roster: We are aware of player reports describing the Clan Roster not appearing in Destiny 2 on PC. We are investigating this issue.
    • Error codes:BUFFALO, TRUMPET, and CHIVE knowledge base articles have been updated with information relevant to issues players have encountered with Destiny 2 on PC.
    • Beta emblems: We are aware that players who participated in the Destiny 2 PC Beta have not received the appropriate emblem within their Collection. We will provide additional information once it is available.

Reporting PC Issues to the #Help ForumIf you are encountering any issues not listed within the Vital Information thread, we advise posting a report to the PC Support forum on #Help. When reporting an issue, please include the following:

• BattleTag with numerical suffix
    • Configuration info: CPU, GPU, RAM, GPU driver version, and operating system
    • DxDiag: Steps on how to provide this may be found within this thread under “Reporting Issues”
    • Issue information: Destination, activity, and description of the issue that occurred.

This information is greatly beneficial to issue investigations, whether communicated through a newly posted thread or as a reply to a report that has already been posted by another player. Please note that players may not be provided with actionable steps in response to their report. However, all reported information is escalated to our internal teams for investigation.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zurv: Like Clifford said, set your Render Resolution to 200% at max settings at 4K, I honestly want to know if that will phase your PC.Though personally I think at 4K it probably looks better at 100%, seen here.

do i need to run GFE for that? (hella bloat in that) hrmm.. might be wroth checking out in nvidiaInspector to see if i can do it in there.

question about the controller. How is it? super strong auto-aim still (which is "fine")

I'm going to play this mainly on my desktop PC with mouse/keyboard. But the i'd like to do the sofa+dog+oled+65"+HDR+controller :)

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hestilllives19

@zurv: I think it's just an option in the Video Settings. In all honestly Destiny 2 has pretty poor Aim Assist, especially when compared to Destiny (most likely due to it being released on PC), but I found it to feel rather similar to the PS4, and I'm already extremely use to that so it felt good. You run into the same issues you have on PS4 though, they introduce their Controller systems like Bloom and Initial Shot Accuracy, which effect Semi-Auto weapons like Hand Cannons and Scouts so you'll need to start looking for weapons with High Aim Assist values so they feel more like Destiny 1. Accuracy seems rather sporadic on anything but a Mida in PvP or a Nameless Midnight/Mannannan in PvE for Scouts. For Hand Cannons you will be stuck looking for Better Devils (I hear people like True Prophecy too, but it's a FWC gun so wait on Faction Rallies), Minuet, or Dire Promise (Dead Orbit so won't be available until Faction Rallies). Other than that, Auto's feel great, Sidearms feel great, and Pulses feel pretty good pretty much across the board. Auto's are the Meta on Console for a reason. They put out the highest DPS, and that really won't have changed for PC anyways. Speaking of the Aim Assist, While Snipers seem to be much easier to use with a M/KB, they are real bad with a Gamepad, so keep that in mind. You might want to stick with Fusion Rifles, Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, and Linear Fusions in your Power slot if using a Gamepad. I feel like going Gamepad will give me a slight PvP disadvantage, but considering I'm basically a top 1% PvP player on PS4 I'm not worried about it. And if you don't plan on playing much PvP, or are very good in PvP with a Gamepad, I wouldn't worry much either.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superscatman: I did this last night and I'm surprised by how much it helped. It wasn't perfect, since I still got some stuttering after 2 hours, but that was the longest I went without noticeable slowdown.

sloktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havent had alot of time to try this but been running into some issue when testing it with a controller. Every time i hit the a button on my 360 controller it switches the input to mouse and keyboard. Not sure why this is happening, so for me wanting to place this on my PC from my couch that ruins it alittle for me.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: thanks! 150% is helping with the jaggy. Thanks for the suggestion.

WetRacoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far, my entire play group has had the stuttering issues. Given all of our experiences, I can confirm that the stuttering seems to happen both after prolonged play and after fiddling with the video settings a good bit. Restarting the game always clears up the issue.

However, I have a problem that is seemingly unique to me. None of my friends have run into it and I can't find a single reference to it anywhere online. When I first started playing on Tuesday, the game was crashing for me about every 30 minutes. The image would freeze up, but the audio would continue playing as normal. Then after a few seconds, the game would crash. According to my friends, when it happened my character was just standing there kind of glitching out until my game crashed. I tend to be pretty lazy when it comes to driver updates, generally never updating unless I run into an issue. So, before playing yesterday, I updated to the latest 388.00 Nvidia drivers and restarted my PC. Things seemed like they were going to be better at first. I got about an hour of time in before crashing. Then after that, I got a solid 2+ more in before crashing again. I then verified the game files and it said no repair was required. I didn't play for long after that and didn't have another crash. After quitting last night, I uninstalled the game and let it reinstall overnight. So, I'll see if that gets rid of the problem today. Has anyone else run into that?

For the record, I know there is a seemingly widespread problem with the game crashing on systems running AMD Phenom processors, but that isn't my issue.

Aside from the memory leak-ish stuttering every couple hours and my crashing issues, the game runs wonderfully for me (when it's actually running). I'm averaging somewhere in the high-90's FPS with some drops down to the high-60's in larger outdoor areas and some spikes up into the 150's indoors. I run the game on the high preset with a couple things such as texture bumped up to highest at 1440p with an i5-4690k and a GTX 1080.

The 388.00 drivers completely broke my game. I'm running an i5 6600, 16gb of ram and a 1070. I went from around 90 fps at 1440p, most stuff set at highest, all the way down to 25. I moved all the way back to the ones I had installed before (385.xx) and it went right back up.

cliffordbanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cliffordbanes
    Woodyrson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wetracoon: Oh wow. I didn't notice any performance decrease from the drivers I was using before. But it also didn't fix my crashing issues, so it was ultimately useless...

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#43  Edited By spiceninja

So I have:

GTX 970

AMD FX 8350

16GB of Ram

I'm getting random frame drops out in the world or when there are a ton of enemies on screen. Is there any specific setting I can lower to help alleviate this? I'm also getting my CPU priority to High and it's not helping much. I'm thinking it's my CPU bottlenecking performance but I'd like to try and figure something out to make the game a little smoother.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hestilllives19

@spiceninja: If it's happening in Public Spaces it's the same issue most of us are having. It's some sort of Memory Leak on Bungie's end. We don't yet know what actually causes it though. Some think it's the amount of players on your Roster which includes your Clan. Those people have been leaving Clans and changing Regions to less populated ones like Europe at night for Americans in Americas Clans. Some of those players claim it's working, some not, may just be a placebo effect. I seem to have had the issue much worse since upgrading to the newest Nvidia drivers, from 388.00 to 388.13 or whatever for COD. I'm going to roll back my drivers tonight to the one just before 388.00 and see if that helps. If you are having frame issues outside of Public spaces it could be a hardware issue on your end though. Turn on the in game FPS tracker under Settings. If your frames there don't drop much, you are likely running into the same Public Space Memory Leak we all are. I think we are all just really waiting on an official response from Bungie on this though.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can confirm leaving my clan totally solved my framedrop issues. It was happening after about an hour of play. Now everything runs smooth as butter even when shit is popping of heavilly.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hestilllives19

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46437

• Fixed an issue where Clan rosters were not showing properly
    • Fixed an issue causing gradual performance degradation over time

It appears, at least according to the patch notes, that Clan Rosters and the Performance Degradation Over Time were indeed two separate issues. Though Bungie will likely never speak to what was actually causing that degradation. It does appear to be fixed, many of my Clanmates over on the Discord Channel are reporting good things so far. How is it for you Duders so far? I haven't got a chance to login and check for myself, and won't for at least another 3 hours.

Edit: https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/926189895655178240

"We are actively investigating reports of Destiny 2 PC frame rate stuttering after accepting Hotfix 1.0.6.1."

Well, that kind of stinks, was hoping they had fixed it.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its good they are keeping up with hotfixes and not waiting for big patches, but i honestly never experienced the performance bug just the clan roster issue.

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they fixed the clan bug, which is great.

Unfortunately that didn't fix my constant crash to destops. Game plays well for 20 mins to 1 hour, and boom, I'm back in windows desktop. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.