Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

Who exactly is anxious to play this ?

• 68 results
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

When a production takes around 20 years of delays, it doesnt make sense anymore that there are people who still are hyped for it. 
     i mean im a sucker for GTA games and Assassin's Creed games, but if i wait 17 years until GTA V or AC3 is out, it'd be pretty fucking different then and it wont be the same as awaiting GTA V during the next 2-3 years till its out 

So who exactly is dying to play this? the voice actor is changed, the development studio is changed.. its barely the same game anymore. not to mention that its been SEVENTEEN YEARS. Duke Nukem fanatics probably found a new interest or grew out of their love for the franchise since the mid fucking 90s.. 

the way i see it, nowadays its either gamers who've never heard of Duke Nukem, gamers like myself who played the game as kids and just cant relate to it anymore because its been way too long, or Duke Nukem fans who probably got on to doing other things and had their whole worlds changed while waiting 

Lets compare this to Chinese Democracy - was anyone really, really anxious to get that album when a release date was announced in 2008? the music scene changed so much, music lovers grew older and the whole setting and circumstances just changed.. i didnt really feel like anyone was 'hyped' about the album. most of us just wanted to see what the fuck Axl Rose was up to at this point. 

So i'd be really surprised if the recent delay actually irritated anybody.. its no longer cool to talk about mad Duke fans raging over delays because i dont think they exist anymore. unless they do? if they do i'd like to see some proof ! 

Irrelevant is the key word here.

Edit:

i totally changed my mind after reading this :
    @jams said: 

@Ahmad_Metallic:   It's like this Ahmad. You used to have a baseball glove that you loved oh so much. You slept with it, showered with it and then one day, it's just taken by your parent. Your parent says you get to have it back in 3 years. Three years go by and your parent says you can have it in another 3 years. 10 more years go by and you have forgotten all about that glove you loved so much. All of a sudden your parent  tells you that you can have it in a couple of months and this time for sure. Finding this out, you feel a rush of nostalgia and all the emotions and memories the glove brought you.  So you finally get the glove. It's small, all lumpy and smells funny. But you love it anyways so you put it on a shelf to display. So your kid comes along scoffing at the ugly glove. What's baseball he says. Why would anyone ever play that, it sounds so boring. As much as you try, you just cannot get the kid to understand. But you don't need him to understand, as long as you are happy, that's what matters.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

I look forward to the forum activity near and post-release. Shits gonna get crazy.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I wouldn't say I'm anxious. The game is going to be bad (average at best) but I'm looking forward to playing it as a piece of video game history.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

I'm pretty sure it's still the same voice actor though?

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Me. Have been waiting for 15 years so why stop now? Its like watching LOST. It was shit after season 2 or 3 but I stuck it out and wasted another 3 years of my life. It'll probibly be a let-down so better prep the Samaritans hot line for June.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By YoungFrey

I've been done with Duke for a long time.  I'm curious about DNF 2 since Gearbox can make a good game.  But I have no interest in playing DNF until it comes out and (despite all evidence) it's good.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

I'm pumped for owning the game, playing it isn't really what's important.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SomeJerk

I'm mostly looking forward for the multiplayer. Jetpacks and freezeguns. Hope it moves with some feeling of Duke3D multi because I can't stand more than a round of Black Ops even if I run a crazy gimmick build, and BC2 is getting stale and the L4D2 playerbase..

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder

20 years? o_O This is a sequel to DN3D not DN1 D:

Erp, anyway, I agree. I'm anxious for it to be released, but only because I want this whole joke to end, then everyone can just get on with their lives and stop betting on Duke.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @BeachThunder said:
    "  I'm anxious for it to be released, but only because I want this whole joke to end, then everyone can just get on with their lives and stop betting on Duke. "
    good call
    MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MannyMAR

I wouldn't say I'm anxious per se, I'm more curious than anything to be honest.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Gabriel

George Bessard. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

All of the coverage and internet memes centred around it were funny, for a time, though I myself was never much of a fun for the series. I remember enjoying Duke Nukem 3D, but that's the only one I played.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By supermonkey122
    @Ahmad_Metallic:
    The voice actor didn't change
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Ahmad_Metallic: "  the voice actor is changed"  

When did that happen? Everything I find online makes it seem like it's still Jon St. John doing the voice. You talking about someone other than Duke? 
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cornman89

I'm moderately anxious to see a Let's Play on YouTube, but I can't conjure up any more interest than that.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SlightConfuse

i just want to see what is in the dame game. 

once this game comes out the ball will be in valve's court

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

It'll be okay I guess. As some said, it's more history than anything else. I'm calling a two star.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CL60

I don't care at all about how long it has taken for a game to come out.. if I want to play it, I want to play it. How long I have to wait doesn't matter at all.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By fox01313

Excited to a certain degree to just play the game that's been eternally delayed until now. I'd not put my level of excitement up there with MK coming out in a few weeks but it's definitely in the top of the list on gamefly.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InternetCrab

Don't care if its good or not. I'm buying Duke Nukem Forever.

Tactless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tactless

Duke 3D was my Doom or Mario, so yes I really want to play this.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CaptainObvious

This game is going to be awesome, I can't wait.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#25  Edited By KillyDarko

I think anxious is a very strong word, but I was a big fan of the Duke Nukem games back in the day and I'm actually looking forward to this.
    I know that most likely the game won't be great, but I bet it'll still be fun :)

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @CL60 said:
    " I don't care at all about how long it has taken for a game to come out.. if I want to play it, I want to play it. How long I have to wait doesn't matter at all. "
    Agreed. I don't understand people who say "I'm done caring about 'so-and-so game'" because of the amount of time it takes for it to get released. It's not as if wanting to play a game takes any sort of physical effort whatsoever. I'm still very much looking forward to DNF. I don't expect an amazing game or anything, but at the very least, it looks like a lot of old-school fun. It's hard to not be at least curious to see how it turns out after over a decade of waiting.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By onarum

For me it's just curiosity, not looking forward to play it at all, watching let's plays of it will suffice to satisfy that curiosity.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HandsomeDead

Like a lot of people, I'm interested in it more than actually anticipating it in any way.

Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hairy_Fish

Hearing that it is filled with old game design makes me very interested.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DoctorTran

I honestly kind of saw it coming. However it really works out to my advantage, since I'm getting married on May 7th.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32  Edited By Yanngc33

No one is anxious to play this, it's just one big joke. Who can even take this thing seriously?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Laketown:  It sure as hell is

also I cannot wait to play this damn game
    hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By hanktherapper

I am and 14 years isn't close to 20 years, it is the same game, and it's the same voice actor.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Brendan

Not anxious, curious.  I won't buy it, I'll probably rent it.

NeVeRMoRe666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NeVeRMoRe666
    @Ahmad_Metallic: I wouldn't say anxious, just curious. I'm curious to see what the final product is after 17 freaking years, so much so, that I picked up the $100 CE.

Also, there are so few, so very few humorous games anymore. I miss the stupid, crazy era of gaming (see: Conker's Bad Fur Day). Too bad now-a-days, gaming is "serious business." :(
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I'm not anxious but I am certainly curious to see if it's some kind of amazing trainwreck.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MiniPato

Not anxious to play it, but am anxious for it to come out so people can finally stop talking about Duke Nukem and quit spouting that damn line from "They Live."

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @MattyFTM said:
    " I wouldn't say I'm anxious. The game is going to be bad (average at best) but I'm looking forward to playing it as a piece of video game history. "
    From what I've read, it's average at worst. Depending on your preferences for certain things, of course. 

I'm pretty excited. Duke 3D was my first video game, so the series has sentimental value to me. Plus, I just love how balls out this game is looking to be. I loved the personality in Borderlands, and I think Gearbox could pull that off again. I don't really think of this as the original Duke Nukem: Forever. As far as I'm concerned, the game was announced at PAX and no one knew a fucking thing about it before that. Plus, waiting forever for games like Oblivion didn't make me enjoy them less.
    Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bravestar

It woun't have sentimental value for me, unless I've to search a map for half an hour to find that damn blue key card.

I might have been excited about it, but what Gearbox showed so far leaves me cold.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Beaudacious

You don't hate on Duke, question Duke, or trivialize Duke.  I just want orgasmic one-liners, boobs,big guns,ridiculous story, and politically incorrect social commentary. 

So ya i can't wait. for Duke.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @CaptainObvious said:
    " This game is going to be awesome, I can't wait. "
    Your name is pretty much my response to the combination of your post and your icon. lol
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MikkaQ

Well let's just say the game's release coincides with me building a new computer, so.. it'll probably be a first big return to PC gaming, which is appropriate because I probably haven't taken a PC game seriously since DNF was originally supposed to come out. Other than like Battlefield. 

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im exited for it because Im not going into it expecting it to revolutionize anything other than first-person pissing mechanics and ass-slapping women being used as the CTF flag.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Who's looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever? This guy.

Although it's been mentioned already, it definitely is the same voice actor. It's been mentioned a lot and verified by Jon St. John himself on the Duke Nukem 3D TNT.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By napalm
    @OneKillWonder said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " I don't care at all about how long it has taken for a game to come out.. if I want to play it, I want to play it. How long I have to wait doesn't matter at all. "
    Agreed. I don't understand people who say "I'm done caring about 'so-and-so game'" because of the amount of time it takes for it to get released. It's not as if wanting to play a game takes any sort of physical effort whatsoever. I'm still very much looking forward to DNF. I don't expect an amazing game or anything, but at the very least, it looks like a lot of old-school fun. It's hard to not be at least curious to see how it turns out after over a decade of waiting. "
    This particular build of Duke Nukem Forever is probably only six or seven years old, as well. The game has shifted engines and assets so many times that saying, "the outcome after seventeen years" makes no sense. I understand what the intentions are when somebody says it, but it really doesn't make sense when you think about it. 

@Brendan said:
    " Not anxious, curious.  I won't buy it, I'll probably rent it. "
    YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM, SIR. 

@MiniPato said:
    " Not anxious to play it, but am anxious for it to come out so people can finally stop talking about Duke Nukem and quit spouting that damn line from "They Live." "
    Have you seen They Live? That movie is kind of amazing. "Momma don't like no tattle tails!" 

@Yanngc33 said:
    " No one is anxious to play this, it's just one big joke. Who can even take this thing seriously? "
    Nevermind, YOU are part of the problem, sir!
    ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By ToxicAntidote
    @MattyFTM said:

" I wouldn't say I'm anxious. The game is going to be bad (average at best) but I'm looking forward to playing it as a piece of video game history. "

Pretty much this. The whole ride up to the release is much more interesting than the game itself ever gonna be.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " Well let's just say the game's release coincides with me building a new computer, so.. it'll probably be a first big return to PC gaming "
    that sounds beautiful
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " Well let's just say the game's release coincides with me building a new computer, so.. it'll probably be a first big return to PC gaming "
    that sounds beautiful "
    I'm pretty excited about it. DNF doesn't need to be the big hyped monster that it's been made to be, I just want a goofy-ass old school feeling PC shooter and DNF is just thematically perfect for getting back into PC shooters. And it'll hone my aim for BF3 of course!
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @MordeaniisChaos said:
    " @CaptainObvious said:
    " This game is going to be awesome, I can't wait. "
    Your name is pretty much my response to the combination of your post and your icon. lol "

Cpt. Obvious always says the obvious.. its like he's dedicated his life to be captain hindsight, its really remarkable  
    w
    henever im not sure what a thread is about, i read obvious's post and it gives me the obvious info i need 

@XII_Sniper said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    that sounds beautiful "
    I'm pretty excited about it. DNF doesn't need to be the big hyped monster that it's been made to be, I just want a goofy-ass old school feeling PC shooter and DNF is just thematically perfect for getting back into PC shooters. And it'll hone my aim for BF3 of course! "
    aight you got me convinced.. oh no, actually, i really doubt that its gonna have a genuine old school PC feel. probably gonna be consolized 
    still not convinced :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.