Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

What games do you expect or hope to see at this year's E3?

• 164 results
    BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

From Dust 2

I know I've said this before but I feel really good about my chances this year.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Haven't thought about The Evil Within in a good bit, but I would love a sequel. Cyberpunk would be great too, but I don't need to see anything to be all in on anything cd project puts out. Same with Last of Us.

Davis_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands 3 announcement and gameplay - Hitman Season 2 - a new Wolfenstein game - Advance Wars for 3DS or Switch - a new Splinter Cell game - Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay - a new Brothers in Arms game - Destiny 2 gameplay - Catherine 2 - Ni No Kuni 2 gameplay - Luigi's Mansion game for Switch - Death Stranding gameplay - Pyre gameplay - Pokemon Game for Switch - Battlefield Bad Company 3 - The Saboteur 2 - New Call of Duty gameplay - Hotline Miami 3 - Shadow of War gameplay - Company of Heroes 3 - Portal 3 - Professor Layton for Switch - Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1+2 remaster - COD Black Ops 2 finally comes out as a backwards compatible title - Skate 4.

Xbox Scorpio shown off - PS4 Pro and PSVR price drops - Sony finally announces that you can change your PSN name.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Press grousing about having to share their event with the public.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ll_exile_ll said:

@andythemez said:

Elder Scrolls 6.

@bonorbitz said:

Elder Scrolls VI

There's no way. Bethesda Game Studios has openly stated multiple times that they have two upcoming games, "bigger than any games they've made before," coming before the next Elder Scrolls, and Bethesda typically takes 3-5 years per game. TES VI isn't coming for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's like a 2025 release or later.

I think 2025+ is too far out there for the next Elder Scrolls game, but I will replace Elder Scrolls VI with Agents of Mayhem.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Deep Down
    • Beyond Good and Evil 2
    • Wild
    • Agents of Mayhem
    • Crackdown 3
    BigBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By BigBob

Announce nothing. There's already too many games to keep track of.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My top 3 wish list:

Death Stranding gameplay footage

Details on whatever From Soft is working on

more titles for the Switch

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BoOzak

Cyberpunk 2077. I wasnt the biggest fan of The Witcher 3. (I loved the first two games) but I think CDPR could really make something special in that kind of setting.

The Evil Within 2. I really enjoyed the first game despite it being pretty damn rough around the edges. Hopefully TGW get a better handle on ID Tech 5. (6?)

I would also like to see whatever Bioware Edmonton are working on even though I still feel burned by Andromeda. (I know it was mostly Bioware Montreal, but still) Add to that Respawn's and Visceral's new Star Wars games. I dont really like the SW movies but the universe is a cool enough playground. (since those are all EA games there will probably just be slideshows, celebrities high on weed, totally not talking about weed, and sports games, lots of sports games)

And while i'm excited for Death Stranding I dont need to see another great trailer for it, since I know it wont be out this year or even the next.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By ColossalGhost

New IPs that don't contain survival, crafting or zombies/infected. Also, whatever Sucker Punch is working on.

ItsaCorey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ItsaCorey

Bloodborne 2. That is all.

Mage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mage_

What the heck happened to cuphead and shenmue 3, man. e3 2015 is more disappointing in hindsight.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodstained, too. Has there been a peep out of that since the demo they put out?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By glots

I don't know how I managed to forget about mentioning Wolfenstein 2 and season 2 for Hitman as games, that I definitely want to see some footage of.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Some Spider-man, Red Dead 2 footage (doubt Rockstar will do this at E3), some real details on Scorpio.

Also Switch stuff. I really want the switch to become the heir to the vita's indie machine title.

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the non-april fools version of Mass Effect: Andromeda

Avatar image for sandalinbohemia
    sandalinbohemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

........................Dragon Age 4 announcement???

("Are you kidding me" No, I am not)

Also if Assassin's Creed is coming with something novel, I'm game. I mostly enjoy those games for the parkour anyway.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ThePanzini
    Avatar image for sandalinbohemia
    sandalinbohemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: yes, I'm excited for that too, but as a huge DA fan I am allowed to hope, right? ;)

Avatar image for spaghettisunday
    spaghettisunday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mother 3 ported to Switch?

AustinFlores

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AustinFlores

I'm hoping for a new Animal Crossing for the Switch. I know that Nintendo is still planning on releasing a mobile version of the game, unless I completely made that up, but I need my AC for the Switch.

That game is like heroin to me, but without the bad stuff like death and rotting teeth.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow of the Tomb Raider and RDR2 mostly. And more Hitman.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By glots
    Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fine, I'll say it.

skate.4

emphulio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By emphulio

IO interactives next game, after the Division shipped, it's game director (Ryan Barnard) left for IO and there hasn't been any solid news about the second season of Hitman. So the studio could be doing something else? I have no idea what it could be, I'm just curious. But mostly I want to know what Sucker Punch Productions are up to

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

say it with me

half life 3

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Suikoden and Wild ARMs 6.

HAH! Hahahahaha! Hahaha. Haha. Hah.

End the pain, please.

For real, though, I'd love to see Dying Light 2 and Borderlands 3 get announced, so long as Gearbox doesn't Gearbox the everloving shit out of the latter and make it into a F2P lane game or whatever bullshit they're going to claim the fans really want while Randy Pitchford makes love to his mirror. I'm curious what Bethesda has in store, but I have no clue what it might be. Seems early yet for an Elder Scrolls announcement, but hey, I can hope.

Having just bought a new computer, this is the first year in a stupidly long time (maybe a decade?) I've been really excited to see what's coming to PC, so I'm hoping Microsoft continues to bring games like Forza and such to that too.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@emphulio said:

IO interactives next game, after the Division shipped, it's game director (Ryan Barnard) left for IO and there hasn't been any solid news about the second season of Hitman. So the studio could be doing something else? I have no idea what it could be, I'm just curious. But mostly I want to know what Sucker Punch Productions are up to

Well, the HITMAN devs have pretty much confirmed Season 2 multiple times, so I fully expect it as an E3 "reveal", probably as part of Sony's show given the last game's (limited) PS exclusive content. I'm not worried about it HITMAN Season 2 not happening. It was a critical darling for the most part, and sales of it seemed to steadily increase over time to where it by all accounts seemed like a success. All it has to be is more of what Season 1 was for me to be happily on board again.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

I want square to do something with either Valkyrie Profile or Parasite Eve. It's about time they come back.

Bayonetta 1/2 on switch or at very least that rumor about Bayo 1 on pc be true. PS4 version too por favor ^_^

Dragon's Dogma on PS4 or a sequel, I can take either...or both :D

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@thepanzini said:

@sandalinbohemia: Bioware's next game is a new IP suppose to be releasing this year, EA CEO unveils new BioWare game.

They'e still working on an new Dragon Age as well. The Edmonton studio has been two teams for a long time. The team that made the Mass Effect trilogy is the one doing the new IP. The Dragon Age team is, presumably, working on the next game. After David Gaider left upon the conclusion of Dragon Age Inquisition, Patrick Weekes was promoted to head writer for the Dragon Age franchise. Clearly, they're still committed to that series.

This year will mark 3 years since Inquisition came out, it's not unreasonable to hope for a tease of the next Dragon Age this year and a 2018 release.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

• New BIG games for the major VR platforms
    • A Project Gotham Racing or Rallisport Challenge game to break up the Forza release calendar?
    • Wolfenstein the new-er order?
    • a new Microsoft IP (They really need one)
    • New Switch games
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ThePanzini

@ll_exile_ll said:
    @thepanzini said:

@sandalinbohemia: Bioware's next game is a new IP suppose to be releasing this year, EA CEO unveils new BioWare game.

They'e still working on an new Dragon Age as well. The Edmonton studio has been two teams for a long time. The team that made the Mass Effect trilogy is the one doing the new IP. The Dragon Age team is, presumably, working on the next game. After David Gaider left upon the conclusion of Dragon Age Inquisition, Patrick Weekes was promoted to head writer for the Dragon Age franchise. Clearly, they're still committed to that series.

This year will mark 3 years since Inquisition came out, it's not unreasonable to hope for a tease of the next Dragon Age this year and a 2018 release.

Yeah DA4 certainly happening but after EA's pie in the sky E3 a few years back they've shown titles much closer to release especially considering their E3 is a fan event, I think this year is too soon most likely sometime next year.

SnowyPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone joked earlier abour The Order 1886:2:(1887) but to be fair I didnt think it was that bad.

Would be curious to see what else that studio could do with the tech.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Perfect Dark 2

emphulio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427 said:

@emphulio said:

Well, the HITMAN devs have pretty much confirmed Season 2 multiple times, so I fully expect it as an E3 "reveal", probably as part of Sony's show given the last game's (limited) PS exclusive content. I'm not worried about it HITMAN Season 2 not happening. It was a critical darling for the most part, and sales of it seemed to steadily increase over time to where it by all accounts seemed like a success. All it has to be is more of what Season 1 was for me to be happily on board again.

I would also happily see them reveal season 2 of Hitman, I just meant that there has only been that tweet ( https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/762066133000163329 ) where they said "Of course, our plan is to have three seasons. Although Season Two hasn't been confirmed yet.". But now the more I think of it, E3 reveal would make a lot of sense

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots said:

• Detroit: Become Human. I'm not super excited for it, but I could still use a bit of David Cage in my life. It's been long enough since I played Heavy Rain.

Beyond: Two Souls is only 10 euros/bucks for a couple of more days on PSN. I just bought a few days ago and I'm really liking it. Everyone can say what they want about David Cage and his games, but they certainly have a very unique style to them. Enjoy!

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next Wolfenstein game.

Both Wolfenstein: The New Order and original Destiny were split-gen releases so I am really curious what their current-gen iterations will look like.

I'm also very interested in what the next Bethesda game is and what they are having their second studio in Montreal do.

...I also want to see if the next Battlefront game has anything from the prequel movies.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm obviously mostly excited to see unannounced games in existing franchises and totally new IP from across the board. The return of a franchise like Brothers in Arms, Project Gotham Racing or Crimson Skies would be amazing, but somewhat of a long shot. Also seeing what that Scorpio actually is and how Sony will respond to it will be fascinating. From the known or somewhat known quantities these are the first three that come to my mind.

• Halo 3 Anniversary: Having a Halo title ready for the launch of Scorpio seems obvious, and showing a remastered version of the game in 4K next to the original could make for some easy marketing materials. If Microsoft would also bring the remaster and the MCC to Windows 10, it could be a great boost for the Halo brand before the inevitable release of Halo 6 in 2018.
    • Ace Combat 7: It seems like the Ace Combat franchise is back on track with this latest iteration. I'll be also interested to see if the announced PC version will bring with it Rift and Vive support. It's something that might drive me towards a purchase of either headset.
    • Forza X: This name has been popping up in rumours for a while. Both Forza franchises seem like they've peaked in their latest iterations, and merging the two in the tenth Forza game to coincide with the release of Scorpio makes a lot of sense. Hopefully they won't ditch the track racing stuff from Motorsport, which I still prefer over the free world of Horizon.
    ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emphulio: Season 2 was confirmed during a interview at Paris Games Week, Source.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I want to know more what Rockstar is doing besides RDR2. GTA V story DLC? GTA VI? Bully 2? Manhunt 3? Agent??

cfilipec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Cyberpunk 2077 (they said they are focusing on Gwent this year, still...)

TLOU 2 (highly unlikely, but that would mean an earlier release)

Bloodborne 2 (or another FROM game)

Sakaguchi and Levine new projects (I don't even know if Hironobu is working on something)

New refreshed takes on Assassin's Creed and Far Cry

Emma Stone

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#94  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I HAve the same Low expectations For this kinda LIve show each year. FEatherd expectations make e3 even better in the end.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

JonKrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Monkey Ball for Switch.

No other games.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By nicksmi56

A whole bunch of awesome Switch games! Maybe a new Metroid, Nintendo? *hint hint*

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Bloodborne 2 Reveal

Whatever Sucker Punch's project is

Wolfenstein Sequel

Last of Us 2 Demo

One of Valve's 3 VR games

mortonan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give my left arm for substantial Dishonored 2 DLC.

I also hope Nintendo has some quirky pick up and play stuff for the Switch. Something in the vein of NES Remix.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I honestly don't know what i want to see or what i can expect.

But i have a feeling that this years E3 won't be that interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.