Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

What games do you expect or hope to see at this year's E3?

• 164 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

All the Knack 2 you can handle and then some.

Serious answer hopefully gameplay footage of that Insomniac Spider-Man game and a teaser for Borderlands 3.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fallout New Vegas 2/Newer Vegas / a new 3d rpg from obsidian

Portal 3/any single player game from Valve not called Half-Life

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Something new that isn't an open world game,shooter,full priced f2p mmo or combination of those. Would like to get a good arpg as grim dawn doesnt want to stop crashing now.

Spiderman, god of war and kojimas game have my interest as well.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By MocBucket62
    • More footage of Super Mario Odyssey w/ more worlds to show off too (More footage of New Donk City is fine too)
    • More on that Insomniac Spider Man game
    • Seeing Red Dead Redemption 2 in action
    • An official release date for Cuphead
    • Really any kind of surprise announcement that hasn't been leaked or shown off before. Seeing the surprise game announcements are one of the best things about E3 and would love to see what each publisher has in store.
    • EDIT: I'd be happy if Nintendo announces one of the following: Super Smash Bros for Wii U getting ported to Switch with new characters and stages, a new F-Zero or F-Zero GX Remastered for Switch or a new proper Wario Ware game.
    swaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think one other person mentioned this but I'm really hoping we see a ton of Destiny 2. Looks like Activision has a lot of floor space reserved so, fingers crossed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
    deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I like MS Scorpio messaging so far, I hope they have a matching software strategy.

So give me new, exciting first party IPs as I don't see myself picking up a Scorpio anytime soon in case you try to sell it to me via new Forza, Halo or Gears games.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see more of FFVII and Kingdom Hearts 3, mostly, although I'm not expecting anything from them to actually be there. Outside of new IP's, I'm not really sure, all the other big games I was looking forward to dropped this year or the year before. Would be good to have another "Horizon" type thing that gets everyone talking.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Scottjay01

Expect I'm not really sure, after GOW4 I'm not waiting on 5 the way I was as I hated the new characters, My game taste as a whole is allot more Japanese than western so with that said.

I hope that the new Batman Arkham game is true and out this year, I've loved every one in that series, I'd love to see FFXV DLC, FF7 Remake footage, Shenmue 3 footage, Tekken 7 trailer (I think will be out around then) Street Fighter V updates, MVC4 character announcements, Squares Avengers game what is it?! New Death Stranding trailer, Spike making a new DBZ game (one can dream!) Nintendo shows off Mario Also announce a swtich version of Star Fox Zero with NORMAL controls.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot Shots Golf

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By The_Tribunal

I'm looking forward to learning more about Cyberpunk 2077 and Deadfire. Maybe the next historical Total

War won't be a burning wreckage upon release. oh and Pyre.

BeserkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Devil May Cry 5

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever FromSoft is working on and the RE2 remake... other than that not much else.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing I've been wondering about for a few years (eg. Elders Scrolls 6) is going to be at E3 this year, and we've already had so many good games released in 2017 that I don't have any hopes in particular for the show this year. Reading that might sound a little pessimistic, but I probably can't be disappointed this year because there's so much backlog for me to play that I'm good for quality games for a long time.

Avatar image for octopusrocketmark
    Octopusrocketmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeettttttttrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddd

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'll be dissapointed if they don't show Ni No Kuni 2

Numbnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Like every year, I pine for Beyond Good & Evil 2. I know it's not going to happen, but come on, it's been 9 years since the first anouncement. Pull your finger out Ancel!
    • I'd love me some new Metroid Prime on my Switch
    • Some gameplay from Cyberpunk 2077 would be amazing
    Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

I want to see what the developers of Rising Thunder are working on now, under Riot Games. It's been over a year now since they've been acquired and we've last heard from them.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mount & Blade 2 - Bannerlord: The most anticipated game in the last 5 years for me and hundred of thousands of others. Gameplay videos or a Early Access release date would be really nice.

Death Stranding: Some further news. Maybe gameplay related stuff?

Cyberpunk 2077: We probably see some conceptualization in one way or another. Maybe something about the gameplay would be nice.

Tokyo 42: I like the game and would like to see more of it, maybe a release date would be nice.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Vampyr - action rpg by Dontnod Entertainment makers of Life Is Strange

Yakuza Kiwami - Sega’s remake of 2005’s Yakuza

Detroit: Become Human - Never underestimate a David Cage game

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - I hope they can breath new life into this franchise, teh last few games have been crap.

Deep Down - Hopefully Capcom has reworked it to be a 'worthy' dungeon crawl.

Dragons Dogma 2 - Its stupid not to make a 2, it was the only Capcom game that I cared about on PS3.

Red Dead 2 - We will see what they are willing to show.

Paragonpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Paragonpro

I always try to be somewhat realistic when it comes

To nintendo's presentation. Realistic me expects a

Blow out of mario odyssey as well as dates for previously announced switch titles like fire emblem warriors. The only thing i expect in the way of new announcements are the smash and pokemon rumored ports. Excited me would love to see a new metroid, f-zero, a paper mario in the same vein as thousand year door, and possibly a new 3d dk title, but after tropical freeze didnt light the world on fire sales wise, im not sure how feasible that is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for undeadscottsman
    UndeadScottsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still hoping we see Shadow Complex 2 finally. Been waiting forever for that one.

Beyond that I have my wishlist from prior years: a new Banjo-Kazooie, a new Metroid, and I'll probably be waiting for Half-Life 3 until the day that I die. Also I'm super interested in what comes out of that New Colossus tease from Bethesda last year. Also, given how well Wolf and Doom did, I'd like to see someone take a stab at the Heretic franchise.

I think the biggest thing I want to see though, is what the heck Microsoft has cooking. They're launching a new piece of hardware this fall but their announced lineup is basically all 2017 games (Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Phantom Dust, Cuphead, Tacoma, the inevitable Forza 7) and while any of those could be delayed to 2018, that still leaves a huge chunk of 2018 that's a complete unknown. We'll get another Forza in the fall, and it'll probably be time for Halo 6 as well, but beyond that? That's a huge, wide-open swath for a company that really needs to be coming up with reasons to buy their shiny new box, and their internal studios are pretty much all committed to projects already. Either MS has a ton of secret unannounced stuff, or this is going to be in the top 10 all-time E3 faceplants. That recent Studio Gobo announcement is a good start, but hopefully it becomes a trend rather than an anomaly.

Either way I'm excited to watch!

ItsMagicNeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nintendo: They need big titles for 2018 if they want to continue to move Switch units, and I expect them to deliver with DLC for Zelda, Splatoon, and Mario Kart. I'd also expect some more Wii U ports coming like Smash, Mario Maker, and either of the Zelda remasters. Of course they need new games too so hopefully they have an Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, or Metroid. But if they want to keep picking the nostalgia bone they could announced GameCube virtual console or provide an update on NES/SNES Classic.

Microsoft: Again they need big titles to push hardware, but this time Scorpio. We need more details on pricing and release for this thing, but I'm not sure if all of the details will be pretty. I'd be expecting a hefty price tag, ($599) and a lot of confusion about how long original XBones will last and when people will want to upgrade. I'm sure they understand the high expectations after the dissaster of the XBone reveal, so hopefully they can be clear and concise this time around. As far as specific games it's hard to nail anything down, Sea of Theives seem like a sure bet but CrackDown 3 has been MIA for a bit too long, Gears just came out last year so it's likely too soon, and from what I can see people are feeling a bit downtrodden about Halo. Forza is cool and a good graphics showcase but I'm doubtful it can really move units.

Sony: They've been killing it on the software from so all they really need to do is keep riding that train. God of War, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Dreams, The Last of us Part 2, Detroit, and the new game from That Game Company would all be great to see, although it might be too early for Death Stranding and TLoU. Also I wanna change my god damn PSN name already, and I bet they're gearing up to push out a new version of PS4 firmware.

syphentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman Season 2! I can't wait for more maps, I played the hell out season 1.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I don't think I've ever cared less about an E3..

Honestly, I just have too many games. Whatever they announce, I probably won't get to it until 2020.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By gamerpigeon
    • Burnout Paradise2 or a game that a decade later finally decides to truly rip on the best driving game ever made. Because no game has even tried to truly be like Burnout Paradise and that still baffles me. People still play that game like crazy because of how much fun it is. It's one of the best games ever made period.
    • Left 4 Dead 3 or a remaster for Left 4 Dead 1&2 on Both Xbox One and PS4.
    • tri-crescendoRPG because it's about time they had another chance at making their own RPG and not just helping with development of other Namco Bandai games. Eternal Sonata was a beautiful game with a fantastic battle system and I would love for them 10 years later to have the chance to make another RPG in house.
    • Something AAA I might actually want toplay because most AAA games just don't appeal to me anymore so I have fingers crossed that something might jump out at me this year. Days Gone looked boring, I never enjoyed God of War and I only have a PS4 right now so even though Sea of Thieves looks fun I probably won't be playing it.

- I'm guessing that precisely none of these will happen :D

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#skate4

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellblade (only studio I know of that's gotten better with every single game IMO)

Bioware's New IP

Dragon Age 4

Borderlands 3

The Wolf Among Us 2

The Punisher (Netflix series tie-in)

The Fall, Part 2

The Last of Us 2

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#130  Edited By tatsuyarr

Realist expectations:

• Bioware new IP
    • Every Star War games in development
    • New Tomb Raider
    • Vampyr
    • New thing from From Software
    • A dark soul like game from anybody, I don't care
    • New IPs

Wishful thinking:

• A sequel to Jet Set Radio Future (if this happens 2017 will be the best year of all videogaming history)
    • Life Is Strange 2
    • A Dune RPG (purely offline!), bonus: developped by CDProjekt
    Edgarzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Edgarzilla

Hoping to see whatever "Starfield" may be. It's been around 3 years since Bethesda trademarked it so if they have been developing it since, it's possible they might at least tease it.

Cyberpunk 2077

The Last Of Us 2

Red Dead

Super Mario Odyssey

Horizon: Zero Dawn DLC

Fallout 4 VR (yup, I'm one of those)

AdamDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a shame that Dead Space is a dead series. Would love to see anything but that isn't happening.

I am hoping for some VR content and Metroid on Switch but that's dreaming.

rayne117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see more good VR games.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knights of the Old Republic, don't really need anything else right now.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am guessing Shenmue 3 gets some air time, although I have my doubts it will hit the winter 2017 release window unless there are some dramatic changes from the previous games in the series. Star Wars Battlefront 2, Call of Duty, etc I am expecting to be there.

The unknown elements at the moment for me are Bethesda, as if they do another stage show, I am curious as to what they could have lined up. It seems too soon to show an actual Elder Scrolls or Fallout game, Doom has been a recent release, and Prey/ESO Morowind are both released before E3 so I am unsure what they could have lined up.

Microsoft perhaps have the most to gain and also the most to loose this E3. The new Xbox hardware will probably get shown, at which point price and release date etc are likely to be discussed. They will need games that show the new hardware off well, so I am guessing Forza Motorsport 7 is shown for release this winter, maybe Crackdown 3, maybe a new Halo is announced as well (or even out this year as its been two years this winter since Halo 5, but perhaps its too soon, so maybe a new spin off or a follow up to ODST?), but I really hope we get some new titles from them or follow ups to less known/selling titles such as Sunset Overdrive or Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. If they have the hardware and few titles to show it off, then that could be a massive messaging issue for Xbox again.

Sony also have an interesting E3 given they have had a few really good exclusive titles this year, so it will be curious what they can show this year (bar what I expect will be shown with Uncharted expansion and the new Last of Us game) and how much time they give to VR, if any at all?

Essentially, this E3, as long as no major spoilers go out there (or leaks basically) or Publishers go out and spill the beans big time again like the last few E3's, we could have a really interesting show as there are a lot of unknowns right now. Who is working on what, will Cuphead and Below get shown and set dates?

CujoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever the hell Ken Levine is working on.

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

Whatever From Software has to announce.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What's Sucker Punch doing? What's Retro doing? What's Bioware (Edmonton) doing? Isn't it about time we heard from these guys?

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colossalghost said:

Fallout New Vegas 2/Newer Vegas / a new 3d rpg from obsidian

Portal 3/any single player game from Valve not called Half-Life

This sounds good to me. I could go for a racing game with a decent budget too.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dissidia Final Fantasy (PS4) - that game has been out in Japanese arcades for 2 years (and is still being updated) on augmented-PS4 hardware. When asked about a console port, they said they'd look into doing it after FFXV came out... so if it's ever going to happen, it will be announced this year.

Also, I hope to see more of Xenoblade Chronicle 2 (and hopefully a more concrete release date)

how92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout game from Obsidian would be great hopefully somewhere else out west. Is the studio that made Dying Light doing anything? I remember liking that game. After seeing the guys play Darkstalkees, I'd think about getting into a fighting game. As always, here's hoping for a marketing department have an idea that turns into a laughable train wreck. #WEED3

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im actually really excited to hear more about god of war. I loved the first three games but got burned out when ascension came out. Glad this new one looks like a fresh take.

Samba_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will do my regular two, Kameo 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2, followed by a new one, Cyberpunk 2077.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bbalpert said:

From Dust 2

I know I've said this before but I feel really good about my chances this year.

I think From Dust would make for a fantastic VR game, even though I don't own any VR devices.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Dead Space 4. I mean a man can always hope right?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jec03: Ha, I was just coming on to say and joke about Dead Space 4. That would be cool, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm currently replaying the first three through backwards compatible (I had to buy them though since I own them on PS3 and PC). Dying Light would be cool, but unfortunately, it couldn't make use of the protagonist of the first game so there'd have to be another character. I wonder how it'd work. New Splinter Cell would be awesome.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer: Someone at 343 said that's not happening, also I don't really see it as necessary. Halo 3 is already fine as it is and works well in the first anniversary. I think it'd be cool if they just re-released in HD form Halo Reach like they did with ODST.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#150  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think this year's e3 will be exiting for four reasons:

This is really do or die time for Nintendo Switch. It may seem cruel but I think when they system launched and where this e3 hist will show off how much 3rd parties are willing to support Nintendo. At this point just mentioning Switch is a affirmative nod, so I don't expect many 3rd part games shown, but silence will be telling as well.

Somewhat less so than Nintendo's direction, people are wondering about Microsoft too. Do they really intend to go forward with one code base used across PC, Xbox, and mobile? What moves will they make to start putting 'garden walls' around PC gaming. Do they show off Scorpio without showing how it fits in with future plans? Or do they show their road map?

This is the e3 where Sony either shows massive support for PSVR or they show they lost interest in YET ANOTHER gaming initiative on teh fringe as they did with the PS Eye and Wands, as they showed with Vita, and on an on. It is a catch-22, showing off VR means showing off something less than 1/10 of 1% of Sony PlayStation users have; However, not giving a solid 15 minutes to VR will tell the early adopters they will be left high-and-dry again. Sony has to show off VR games, or they will kill their VR that HAS lost so much momentum in the last 6 months.

Where 3rd parties are putting their eggs matter a lot this year. We are halfway through this generation most would agree. Where big bets are placed WILL show where the industry is going. There is not e3 2018 push for Scorpio if there isn't a e3 2017 push. There is no "intended Switch support later" that will matter if sizable bets are not laid down in June. If a few exclusives that would normally be multiplatform end up in PS 4 basket then ...It's all over but the shouting.

What is each platforms worse-case scenarios..

• Nintendo: Worst case scenario is no 3rd party support, with only mild support being bad but not a total disaster
    • Microsoft: Worst case scenarios is 3rd parties give PS 4 extra exclusives and the talk after teh show is Microsoft is over reaching with its consolidation of XBox, PC software.
    • Sony: Worst case is 3rd parties spread bets around. Even without Switch or Xbox getting exclusives just 3rd parties acting as they should giving everyone games is a bad showing for Sony. Any lack of VR games being seen as weakness or lack of support...sony has to show-off VR games even if they don't have them. The deadline has arrived., here is no "Oh, maybe next year for PS VR?"
    • Third Parties: All the turmoil of Switch, Scorpio, and PS4 Pro duking it out makes things unstable. The console maker have to support their own hardware, if the first parties are investing thing will seem more stable. The third parties want to sell games, they want to work on stable known platforms, so if console sales are slowing out of confusion third parties lose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.