Images Problems & Box Art Changes
Most image issues can be resolved by regular wiki users assuming they have enough points to do so. If you don't have enough points yourself, you can make a post here and either a moderator or a friendly community member will take care of it for you. Things you might want to request here include:
- Deletion of "bad" images.
- Moving images that were placed in the wrong gallery or on the wrong page.
- Changing the default image (box art) on a page to something more relevant, higher quality, and/or just plain better.
- Anything else involving problems with images of any kind.
What qualifies as a "bad" image that should be deleted?
There are several reasons why a particular image should be deleted.
- Watermarks - No images on Giant Bomb should have watermarks whatsoever. This includes cropped out, blocked out, or blurred out watermarks.
- Size - Images and/or screenshots that are very small should be removed unless they're for old games where nothing else is available.
- Trailers - We don't want a sea of screen caps from trailers. For example, in the past, we've had users taking screen captures every few seconds for E3 trailers and uploading them. This is considered image spam and could result in a wiki suspension or ban for the anyone who does this.
- Fan Art - This one is tough as it's very subjective. Not all fan art is bad, but unfortunately a significant amount of it is. And also unfortunately, a lot of it bleeds into the next category.
- Pornography - Whether it happens in the game or not, we'd prefer that you refrain from posting explicitly sexual images on Giant Bomb. If you have a question about whether or not something is explicit, it probably is, but contact a moderator before going forward.