Any remakes you would like to see in the future?

• 63 results
Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Giant_Gamer

With the success of all the remakes that have been released as of late, big publishers are making a note out of it and now we are currently anticipating Mafia and Demon's Souls remakes. I'm excited for both as i will definitely have fun with them if they received the same treatment as previous remakes.

Unfortunately, one of my favorite games of all time are Konami's which are SH and MGS but here is hoping that they learn from SH HD remaster when they decide to remake their games.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Enough time has passed that I wouldn't mind seeing another Alone in the Dark attempt.

DarnocRis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I would love to see Chrono Trigger get the FF7 Remake treatment.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

PC versions and Ultimate upgrades to Gears 2 , 3 and Judgement.

Fable II, unless the new Fable is actually good.

And those these hypothetical remakes will never happen: Shining Dragon, Eloquent Fist and Xross Impact.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Onemanarmyy

We should have a remade Black & White game. I'm also pining for a 60's spy gadget game. Bring back NOLF. Or if that's contractually impossible, you can ditch Cate Archer, H.A.R.M and the big smile guy and come up with another lady spy in the 60's. The licence is really not the important part of those games.

Also after Titanfall, I think it's time for more Shogo. Anime characters shooting eachother on foot and in big robots. yes please.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Vagrant Story and Parasite Eve, but those might be too niche.

Still, I feel like PS1 games are great for remaking because they're mostly just held back by the technical piece. They're generally pretty well-designed and fun, but need some modern polish to stand up for a modern audience.

Ktaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some good suggestions above.

I'd go EVO The Search for Eden or Legacy of Kain.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Still, I feel like PS1 games are great for remaking because they're mostly just held back by the technical piece. They're generally pretty well-designed and fun, but need some modern polish to stand up for a modern audience.

Agreed, there must be so many other PS1 titles people are now getting nostalgic for.

I want to see a Wipeout + Wipeout 2097 remaster (actually my favorite is Wipeout 3, but presumably most people have nostalgia for those first two).

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A finally completed version of Xenogears would be pretty sweet.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#10  Edited By MightyDuck

I'd take remakes or sequels to any of the following...

1. Socom: US Navy Seals
  2. Legend of Dragoon
  3. Jet Moto
  4. Ape Escape
  5. Twisted Metal 2
  6. Colony Wars
north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@csl316: Would love to see Vagrant Story remade, good pick!

I'd love to see FF6 remade, but SquareEnix has like, two gears. Full on FF7R, or crapping out the awful sprite mobile versions of the the other ff games, so I'll need to see more from them before I trust them with any property outside of ff7.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fox engine remakes of Metal Gear 1 and 2. I'd really like to know if that was the initial plan or what even the hell happened all together.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rebel_Scum

None, I like old games for what they are and I like new games for what they are.

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally unnecessary but MGS1.

yaji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of old games that I miss, but as for a game that would work as a remake I think I'd pick:

Ridge Racer

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been nice to see some of the most popular Dreamcast games get rereleased on other formats but there were some of the no-quite-so-good games that had a great concept or setting but just weren't that great to play then. Seeing some of those get tweaked into a more modern game could be good to see. Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage with a God of War reboot style could be pretty great, (it's already been mentioned I think but) Soul Reaver with a nice polish would be good too. And a Powerstone that is actually as much fun to play as I fake remember how much fun to play it is.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say "SimAnt, but with crazy intricate hive simulation systems", but I the sprite graphic spiders from the original game were scary enough as they were. I don't need any giant 3D spiders in my life, thank you very much.

I'm lookin' at you, Grounded...

But one thing that could be cool is a remake/successor to early '00s scare-em-up Ghost Master.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Onemanarmyy

@csl316: I'm 100% with CSL on these games. Played them both for the first time this year and was captivated enough to see it all the way through. Sadly the weapon crafting in Vagrant Story was a bit too much for me eventually. The deconstruction of weapons and then slowly but surely building them up to be slightly stronger than the initial weapon by combining like 5 other equipment pieces one by one.. It made it real hard for me to get a good feel for what and when it would be worthwhile for me to break down and combine gear. Or knowing what the optimal combination of damage-type and enemy-types on your weapons should be. But i loved the vibe and the story enough to watch a playthrough on youtube. And that workbench music.. glorious.

Parasite Eve has a thick atmosphere with amazing music and played just fine. I do think the story gets incredibly goofy at times with all the mitochondria talk and how they take over our bodies. But i did have a great time with it in 2020, so yeah more of that please.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am so fucking sick to death of remakes. I'd like some new IP

zimmermanka22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe not a remake, but I'd like to be able to play Legend of Legaia again.

DaviKaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, please give me new stuff instead.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see both halves of Persona 2 (the one good game in that series) get combined into one and receive full on remake treatment.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mellotronrules

if i'm being honest, i kinda revile the concept of remakes- it feels creatively bankrupt and entirely profit-driven (and extremely Video Games are Big Business). it's okay for things to be a product of their time..

besides- there's no video game story that is so sacred that a creative team couldn't retcon a narrative justification for new work in an established canon. look at Rouge One- i don't love that movie, but they found a way to make it work (and it seems most fans are positive on it)- you don't make Episode One again with new effects, that would be a nightmare.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ktaus: is it strange that SE never attempted to do anything with Legacy of Kain license? They have Crystal Dynamics and the capabilities to bring ip back to light.

MikeOTron1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver. Love the every bit of sound and music in that game. Playing the Dreamcast version is rough nowadays.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Deus Ex, though I'm not sure it could be done.

I think the level of detail that Eidos Montreal managed to put into Prague in Mankind Divided was incredible, but attempting that for a game the size of the original Deus Ex would be daunting. Still I would love to see the original game with the majority of its mechanics intact and just brought into a modern era.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Morrowind. I've never been able to make it through the whole game, partly because of how godawful the combat feels and partly because of how crash-happy it is on modern hardware (doubly so whenever I try modding it). I guess Skywind's sort of a remake but I'd like to see all the original systems and weird shit completely intact with better combat and graphics rather than a strained approximation/reimagining.

Also I'd love to see Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2 get remastered or even just released on GOG or somewhere, I'm not picky.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: Psyonix did make Nosgoth in 2014, which was a free to play humans vs vampire team deathmatch kind of game. As a Legacy of Kain game, it was probably trash. I didn't even know it was supposed to be in that series because the story is non-existant, but perhaps the vampire-types were recognizable to fans? I sure as hell didn't see Kain or Raziel though.

Anyways, it was quite a cool class based game though. Especially the vampires had some awesome classes. One agile vampire that was all about jumping very far onto enemies and clawing them apart, a flying one that was all about descending onto a human and flying away with him before dropping him on the floor and a vampire that could go beserk and just rush into a group of enemies and smash them against walls.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ToughShed

Demon's Souls was the answer but we are getting that.

Would really like to see modern updates (not necessarily real remakes):

There are a lot of things I think could use a new full attempt that I could go on about it. One I was thinking about recently is Brothers in Arms. I miss singleplayer tactical shooters with squad orders and all that. That genre has disappeared. It would be cool to have co-op where you are both ordering squads around more and you could do cool stuff with upgrading and customizing your AI squad.

@archer88 said:

Deus Ex, though I'm not sure it could be done.

I think the level of detail that Eidos Montreal managed to put into Prague in Mankind Divided was incredible, but attempting that for a game the size of the original Deus Ex would be daunting. Still I would love to see the original game with the majority of its mechanics intact and just brought into a modern era.

Still the GOAT. One of the reasons I don't like the modern ones so much (or any modern entry in that genre really) is they lost maybe the single best part of the original, the level design and environments, with very cramped and predictable environments. No game of that style has had that great design and all the choices woven in as well to this day.

It would be daunting to take on but if done well it would be amazing. There are a lot of tough choices to be made. Do you keep the cheesy voice acting for example? Do you update the story or play it straight? Still crazy to think it came out before 9/11 even happend.

@onemanarmyy said:

I'm also pining for a 60's spy gadget game. Bring back NOLF. Or if that's contractually impossible, you can ditch Cate Archer, H.A.R.M and the big smile guy and come up with another lady spy in the 60's. The licence is really not the important part of those games.

I don't know if you're into the genre, but Evil Genius 2 is finally close to coming out and is looking pretty great. I loved the first game and it hits that style well. That was also another answer I would have put up if this wasn't happening. Haven't been almost any games like it.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy: yeah, that one is really strange. Did they close the servers in beta stage? I don't remember any marketing behind it either but it was fun. The good thing is if SE decide to add multiplayer in a new Legacy of Kain game then they have it already :)

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None, I like old games for what they are and I like new games for what they are.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Agreed, I give zero fucks about remakes and would much rather see older games simply made available. Luckily, anyone willing to deal with PC's has emulation!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

As someone who thoroughly enjoyed the FFVII remake and has not finished FFVI because of how old and cumbersome playing that game is, I would love to see them do a remake of VI. I only know a few story beats, but from what I do know, that game would also lend itself to breaking up the game into multiple parts, if Square were to take a similar approach.

tp0p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None, I already have backwards compatibility on Xbox. And for pc guys, you can already have a wide array of ways to play old games.

bizarrohash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 3D Mario Collection that was reported to be a thing and is now up in the air is the dream for me.

Mario 64 still *feels* so good to play. Though there’s a charm to it’s early low-poly look, I would love to see it get a facelift. Oh, and with right stick camera controls.

quasiconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark me down for "none." I get why they appeal to people, but there are just so many more new, different things a dev team could put their energy toward instead.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here comes the boom... ready or not
Here comes the boom... ready or not

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mezmero

There are some good ones mentioned already (minus the peanut gallery of remake deniers). Aside from those, my mind always comes back to [Prototype] for topics like this. I still think there was way more potential to that game aside from being "the other faux superhero game that came out the same time as Infamous". A remake would probably be out of the question because they need to ditch the dour, self-serious tone they've done for those games. And as well the latest Spider-Man makes a case for New York looking both gorgeous and believable compared to looking like generic, foggy city blocks.

I never played it aside from a demo but, anybody remember Shadow Madness? I seem to recall the cast of this RPG consisting of: a pirate guy, an amazon, a scythe-wielding scarecrow golem, and a floating wizard head? Whatever was going on there, give me some of that.

@csl316 said:

Vagrant Story and Parasite Eve, but those might be too niche.

This might be the front runner. Vagrant Story could benefit so much from quality of life stuff for some of the more inscrutable mechanics and Parasite has a lot of great styyyyyle to embellish upon.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ring of Red, the PS2 game that seemingly only I have ever heard of any played. I love that game and would love a convenient modern way to play it.

AKTANE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fucking food fight

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As part of the clan of people wishing AC went back to its janky, conspiratorial roots, a remake/reboot of Altair's story and that Levant setting would be cool.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Ocarina of Time cuz I still haven’t played through it yet.

Out of the ones I have played, the ones I can think rn are Vice City, Persona 3, Silent Hill 2.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo 2 is my unicorn remake, seems its engine makes that one a bitch though.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Vagrant Story...

The thing with Vagrant Story is that for a PS1 game it looks rather good, updating that might lose some of the appeal that game has, there's plenty of stuff you can do to improve its gameplay however, tighten up some of its combat systems so they make more tactical sense rather than combo mashing everything to death, getting rid of the forest maze :P.
Also its world design is based so much around its top down camera angle, i wonder if the size and variety of its world would need greatly expanding in modern graphics, FF7 had the opposite problem where its world was so large it would be difficult to recreate it all in 3D, Vagrant Story's level design is just a funnel guiding the player.
I've played the game in high resolution with fixed texture warping in an emulator and it looks great, but i'm not sure a remaster would sell enough to be worth making, a remake would have to have some very cool ideas.

Just took some screenshots of the first area in high res widescreen.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toughshed: What happened to this ip is baffling. It sold well and reviewed well, yet they went with the rhythm game when no body was asking for it. A come back for it would be awesome!

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ToughShed

@giant_gamer: totally agreed man. Fight for NY was really a base to build on so its too bad. Since that game came out, rap has only gotten bigger as well as games, with the two being more closely linked then ever before. Even wrestling has come into rap a lot with guys like Westsidegunn.

But it was an AKI developed thing. I don't know the business behind the scenes. But supposedly they are making the AEW game so I'm excited for that.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ToughShed

@cikame: there's a huge amount of good you could do to Vagrant Story with improvements to UI, controls, shortcuts, fixed menus, etc. For me it was a huge disappointment of a game but I think all that could seriously salvage how unwieldy and unintuitive the entire game is.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A Parasite Eve remake could be dope but I'm afraid we would end up with another crappy The 3rd Birthday situation.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping for a modern remake of the first two Metal Gear games, and in a perfect world I'd prefer them to be done in the style of the PS2 Metal Gears. But it seems like the Metal Gear ship has probably sailed.