• 65 results
Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Timing

I've read a lot of Best of 2010 lists by now and while it's totally fine and understandable that a lot of the same games appear on many lists ( Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta), I often find it interesting to see games I hadn't seen on any other list yet. For instance, I don't think I'd seen Winterbottom yet until it showed up on Vinny's list, and Icemael's number 1 is a game I (and probably many others) had never even heard of.

So this thread is for any games on your list that you haven't seen on any one else's (yet).

Mine would be Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep / Blue World

Damn you America for getting the better box art! Look at our guy. He's swimming above the surface. That doesn't even make sense.
 Damn you America for getting the better box art! Look at our guy. He's swimming above the surface. That doesn't even make sense.
Now I realize not a lot of people have probably even played this game, and going by the Quick Look that's no surprise either. I'm not blaming Jeff and Ryan (I thought the QL was actually pretty funny) but a video like that can't really give an honest impression of a game like this one. Especially starting at the very beginning with basically only the tutorial, which probably would've even turned me off except by the time it went up I had already been playing the game for two weeks, and so obviously knew what to actually expect.

To really appreciate this game, I think, requires a certain expectation beforehand. I tried to explain briefly in my list, but it basically boils down to 'This game is really slow and non-violent. Deal with it.' Now I wasn't familiar with this sort of game before I played this one, so I obviously can't really judge it in comparison to other similar games to see how good it actually is at what it does. What I do know however, is that I really enjoyed this game and that it's not like any other game I've played before. I know it's similar to other Arika titles, but I haven't played any of those and besides, we're talking 2010 here. Maybe it most resembles Pokémon Snap, but with actual freedom of movement and other actions than just taking pictures. Finding new, interesting, great looking and all actually existing creatures around every corner, on every rock and inside every plant is simply a lot of fun. The story admittedly is not very memorable but it does its job by sending you to new and interesting places including deep Red Sea, the Amazon River and Arctic waters and caves to find new animals.

In this game you don't kill or destroy anything. Instead the game asks you to find and appreciate living things for what they are, and if you're willing to do that, I think you'll find a great game here.

Oh, and it has Moby Dick in it.

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER!

Note: this tread is not meant to be a hipster's paradise where we make fun of other people's choices. If anything, it would be great to find out that other people did actually like the game you thought only you liked.
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

No, mine is about as mainstream as you can get. I am intrigued though.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By endaround
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Romination

I have a lot that are exclusive, but it's because I included a few 2009 games. I just didn't have enough games from 2010 to make a good awards list out of.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By CandleJakk

I don't think I've seen any other list that features Yakuza 3, though someone else must have it.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zombie2011

I had Dante's Inferno at 10 but kicked it for Fable 3 both of those weren't the best games but i really enjoyed them.

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Yodasdarkside

I don't see too many with War for Cybertron on it, but I loved it.  Tbh, now that I've started Enslaved, that would make the list over Transformers, but I'm not changing it now.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Heroes of Newerth.

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't seen anyone mention Monday Night Combat  and it's one of my favorite multiplayer games since TF2. 

I'm even considering buying it again for pc. 

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Strange Journey maybe. 

And Fallout New Vegas. I know it's a popular game, but I haven't seen it on anyone's list yet.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Red

Haven't seen anyone list Scott Pilgrim VS The World, which was a thoroughly enjoyable and stylish beat 'em up.

thuiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By thuiscool

Trauma Team.  

That game was so much fun playing with my friend and the story was pretty interesting, although it's nonsense.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayzilla

I have Risk Factions in mine and I thought I would be the only one and Navarro had it too.

coruptai125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By coruptai125

Breath of Death Vll: The Beginning.  

Probably the best indie game available, I wish I had time to play their new game Cthulu Saves The World and compare the two, but this game is great and amazingly funny.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King

Fragile Dreams, and not just because I've only played 11 2010-released games in 2010.

Gashlycrumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gashlycrumb
@FritzDude: i really enjoyed Divinity 2!  i'm really hoping they get this to the US pronto!
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Azteck
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By CoolDrMoney
craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By craigbo180

I've got ufc 2010 and bit.trip runner on mine, haven't really seen those on many lists.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Brendan

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is on my list, but I enjoyed it mostly for the nostalgia.  It's actually a pretty average game.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#23  Edited By BeachThunder

I haven't made a list, nor would I really have enough games to fill 10 places, but I really enjoyed The Whispered World (although it was released in German the year beforehand).

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By sjschmidt93

No ones mentioning MGS: PW, but I loved it.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hosstile17

Splinter Cell: Conviction was on mine until the last possible second, when I started having some fun with GT5. I haven't heard a lot of people talking positive smack about it.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Dalai
@filthreaper said:
" I haven't seen much VVVVVV love (my number 2) around, plus I think mine is the only list to contain Dragon Age: Awakenings (although I guess it's debatable whether that's even allowed, as a stand-alone expansion to a 2009 game). "
VVVVVV made my top 5 so you're not alone. 

I guess No More Heroes 2 is my exclusive choice for 2010. I think people forgot that came out this year.
Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By Timing
@Brendan said:
" Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is on my list, but I enjoyed it mostly for the nostalgia.  It's actually a pretty average game. "
Dude yes it's on mine too, and I agree, it's nowhere near as good as the GBA ones. I still can't get over the fact that Camelot put points of no return in it. Missable Djinn... that sucks!
Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By Addfwyn

FFXIII doesn't seem to be on many other lists, neither does Persona 3 Portable, which are two of my top picks actually.  I guess as the latter is a remake, but it just adds so much more content it was worth including 

The lack of Valkyria Chronicles 2 on any list is an absolute travesty as well.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By flaminghobo
@FancySoapsMan said:
" Strange Journey maybe.   And Fallout New Vegas. I know it's a popular game, but I haven't seen it on anyone's list yet. "
I put Fallout as number 2 on my Top Ten list.
mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mnzy

I have Greed Corp on mine. It's not the best game ever, but I quite liked it and I didn't play that many games in 2010.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By crusader8463

With the exception of Mass Effect 2, though it being so low on my list probably isn't a norm, Civ 5, and to a lesser extent Bad Company 2, I think most of my list is the exception to the rule. You tell me. 

Best of 2010

crusader8463: Best of 2010

1. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

(PC) I just spent the last few hours playing this game, online co-op, with a buddy of mine, and I honestly can not recall the last time I ever had that much fun with a game. There were a couple a times that stuff happened that made the two of us laugh so hard we almost passed out because we couldn't stop laughing. That one experience was hands down the most fun I have had all year, and this game gets my top spot because of it. Thanks Steam! If it wasn't for putting this game on sale for $5 I don't think we would have ever played it.

2. Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy

(PC) A friend and I played this game 24/7 for several months straight and loved every second of it. It has an original concept and great game play.

3. Fallout: New Vegas

(PC) I hated with all my being Fallout 3, yet right from the get go I fell in love with this game and finally understood why people liked this franchise. I don't know what it was about this game over the other one that got me, but now I'm hooked.

4. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

(PC) Dragon Age was hands down my favourite game in over a decade to get made, and this expansion is more of it's greatness. After watching/reading every interview about Dragon Age 2 it looks like they are going to destroy every aspect of this game that I loved, so sadly it looks like this will be the last content for the game that they ever make.

5. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

(PC) It had a fun single player, and a really great multiplayer. I loved levelling up my favourite classes and simply playing the game. I would have given it a higher ranking, but I found that once I maxed out the only two classes I enjoyed playing the game started to get a little old.

6. Sid Meier's Civilization V

(PC) I really enjoyed this game for the first 70-80 hours, but then all the little details of where they dumbed it down, and the ton of bugs, started to catch up and now I just can't finish a game no matter how hard I try. After a while I found the "best" way to play and no matter what I tried to do I always ended up playing the same way and the game just becomes a grind. Still, the game gave me around 100 hours of solid fun, so that has to count for something in a day and age when 4-5 hour games are a standard. I just hope they add in more of the complexity in the expansions or VI to give this game a longer life.

7. Mass Effect 2

(PC)I enjoyed the game my first time through, but I hate how much they dumbed down the game and how they neutered almost every RPG element from the game. Combine that with a very lack luster ending, and a game that I just can't seem to play through to completion a second time is the reason it's so low on my list. It was fine the first time, but all it's problems just became too annoying and glaringly obvious the second time around to get to the end.

8. Mount & Blade: Warband

(PC)I loved this game for a good solid 30-40 hours, then I simply lost interest in it all of a sudden. I enjoyed the over world and RPG/army building elements despite the horrendous graphics. The actual combat is fun for a while, but after a while the little frustrations start to add up and eventually ruin the game for me.

9. Deadly Premonition

I needed two games to round out the end of my list, so I figured I would give this spot to this game as thanks for the Endurance Run. I absolutely loved the games story and characters and I bought a copy to support the developers.

10. Supreme Commander 2

(PC) Not really a huge fan of the game, but I play a lot of it with a friend online who loves it, and I needed two games to round out my list so I figured I would give this spot to the game for the hours of online it has given me.

thuiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thuiscool
@Addfwyn: I probably would've had those games on my list, but my psp broke in january :(
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By crusader8463
@CandleJakk: I have it sitting on my shelf, but I have yet to get around to playing it because I have such a backlog. I'm expecting to love it, but I just got it and about 40 other games, 15-20 PS3 and a bunch more on the Steam Sale, to play in the last month. So It keeps getting pushed back.  

It's funny how that works out. I spent all year bored out of my mind because I had nothing to play, and now I have so much to play I don't even know where to start!
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By GunstarRed

After Burner Climax probably.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GunslingerPanda

FFXIII

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By raiz265
@NekuSakuraba said:
" Heroes of Newerth. "
Daaaaamn, totally forgot about that one.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mutha3
@FancySoapsMan said:
" Strange Journey maybe.  
I'm actually suprised how often I've seen this one pop up.

Knights in The Nightmare PSP, for me. I think I'm the only who's put that on his GOTY list. Too bad, its an awesome little game.
ShadowMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShadowMountain

Rune Factory Frontier. Game is DANGEROUSLY addictive!

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By Chris2KLee

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. Technically only available in Japan in 2010.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Demyx

I haven't been paying attention to any lists on Giantbomb, but definitely on my list would be Amnesia. No idea if that's on anyone else's list.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yodasdarkside said:
" I don't see too many with War for Cybertron on it, but I loved it.  Tbh, now that I've started Enslaved, that would make the list over Transformers, but I'm not changing it now. "
I've heard good things about WfC. Enslaved is on my Top 10 list, as is Alpha Protocol and neither seemed particularly popular.
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai
@filthreaper said:
" I haven't seen much VVVVVV love (my number 2) around, plus I think mine is the only list to contain Dragon Age: Awakenings (although I guess it's debatable whether that's even allowed, as a stand-alone expansion to a 2009 game). "
I had Awakenings on mine but deleted it for much the same reason as Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising. It's still the previous game.
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kingzetta
@Azteck said:
" Haven't seen anyone but me use Alpha Protocol on their list "
I've seen 10 people plus myself
Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
@Addfwyn said:
" FFXIII doesn't seem to be on many other lists, neither does Persona 3 Portable, which are two of my top picks actually.  I guess as the latter is a remake, but it just adds so much more content it was worth including  The lack of Valkyria Chronicles 2 on any list is an absolute travesty as well. "
im with you on FFXIII. 

it should've been better, but i sunk a ton of time into it, and wasnt bored at all until i got stuck
C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By C0V3RT

I have Monday Night Combat as #10 on my list. Sure it's not the most original game but I played a TON of it and really enjoyed every second with it.
Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By Mayu_Zane
@endaround said:
" Infinite Space "
*Hi-fives!* 

Let's go hit the nearest tavern and raise our stats through chatting with crewmembers!
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AlexW00d
@Azteck said:
" Haven't seen anyone but me use Alpha Protocol on their list "
Mine does I think.
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#48  Edited By sweep  Moderator
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Doctorchimp

Pokemon Soulsilver is my number 10 

Suck it.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#50  Edited By AndrewB

Alan Wake is tough to come across, but I suppose it can't be considered exclusive.