Gigantic game announcement coming on August 14th. Speculate!

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Bungies new shit or GTA V

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By napalm

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

[...] gaming's most important franchises?

Like I said, don't flatter yourselves. Grand Theft Auto IV may have impressed you, but it only takes a bit of peeking underneath the obvious to know it's a mess of a game that doesn't really do anything right, doesn't push anything forward in terms of mechanics or story, and am willing to bet that it's the most underwhelming game that has been looked back on by game critics, (most critics have gone back and said, "yeah, it wasn't as good as we originally thought."). Sure, their story ambitions are there, but there are other open world crime games which have satiated me far beyond what Grand Theft Auto has ever accomplished, both in the past and present. [Grand Theft Auto] could drop off the face of the earth for I have fuck-all interest in that series anymore, after the disturbingly poor showing of the previous [IV] entry. My only interest doesn't go beyond some curiosity about the story beats, but knowing Rockstar's penchant, he's probably, "just another crime lord trying to escape the ways of murder and petty theft for an honest life! For which then, I will turn around and murder the entire city looking for redemption, just to find out there is no redemption! And I'll probably die at the end! Or somebody close to me will! Nooo!"

Here is to hoping that whatever the announcement is, it's nothing we've seen before and turns out to be hugely awesome, whatever it may be. I'm just excited something this possibly huge exists. We need a good shake up in the industry right now.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By LikeaSsur

It's going to be the announcement that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have joined forces for the next console generation and have created a self-updating, 50TB (and growing) machine capable of living your life for you so you can play more video games.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Rafaelfc

or maybe it's just a Black Ops 2 related announcement... that would almost be funny, ALMOST

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#105  Edited By Trilogy

@Napalm said:

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

Like I said, don't flatter yourselves. Grand Theft Auto IV may have impressed you, but it only takes a bit of peeking underneath the obvious to know it's a mess of a game that doesn't really do anything right, doesn't push anything forward in terms of mechanics or story, and am willing to bet that it's the most underwhelming game that has been looked back on by game critics, (most critics have gone back and said, "yeah, it wasn't as good as we originally thought."). Sure, their story ambitions are there, but there are other open world crime games which have satiated me far beyond what Grand Theft Auto has ever accomplished, both in the past and present. [Grand Theft Auto] could drop off the face of the earth for I have fuck-all interest in that series anymore, after the disturbingly poor showing of the previous [IV] entry. My only interest doesn't go beyond some curiosity about the story beats, but knowing Rockstar's penchant, he's probably, "just another crime lord trying to escape the ways of murder and petty theft for an honest life! For which then, I will turn around and murder the entire city looking for redemption, just to find out there is no redemption! And I'll probably die at the end! Or somebody close to me will! Nooo!"

Here is to hoping that whatever the announcement is, it's nothing we've seen before and turns out to be hugely awesome, whatever it may be. I'm just excited something this possibly huge exists. We need a good shake up in the industry right now.

Name an open world crime game that satisfied you more.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#106  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

I say its Half Life 3

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#107  Edited By Justin258

@Trilogy said:

@Napalm said:

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

Saints Row 2 or 3?

EDIT: I'm not holding my breath, but I hope it's Half-Life 3.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By PillClinton

I wonder how long it'll take for these "gigantic" announcements to finally leave the realm of paper magazines...

Anyway, my money's on Half Life 3, Bungie's new thing, or just some more GTA V stuff.

@Rafaelfc said:

or maybe it's just a Black Ops 2 related announcement... that would almost be funny, ALMOST

no, that would be really funny.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By penguindust

I don't think Blizzard is going to reveal "Titan" before the panda game drops. I'm not too sure what's actually going on at Respawn, but I read that Bungie mentioned as a possible showing this past E3, so my money is on them.

Bungie's new project. That or the Alpha Centauri sequel I've been waiting for since 1999.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By endaround

Uncharted 4:Drake Needs to Make Sony More Money

I'm not really joking.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#111  Edited By crusader8463
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By AuthenticM

Either MGS5 or FFXIII-3. I'm calling it.

dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By dfsvegas

@AhmadMetallic: Couldn't disagree more. Bungie still (rightfully so) has big name clout even though their next game isn't Halo. When you make a big game, the next game you make will be big and highly anticipated, even if it's a new IP.

"From the dudes who brought you Call of Duty" is enough to make people take a look in my opinion. I'm not sure why it has to be an "either/or" proposition. The name "Call of Duty" has clout, I'm not sure why "These are the guys who made that game" wouldn't bring out the same interest in people.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DukesT3

Dino Crisis reboot.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#115  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@DFSVegas said:

"From the dudes who brought you Call of Duty" is enough to make people take a look in my opinion.

Do you really think EA would release a COD competitor FPS with "From the guys who brought you Call of Duty" for a tagline?

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Gotta keep the dream alive....so HL3

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#117  Edited By D_W

Swamp Thing as a character in Injustice. You know that if that isn't it you might as well kill yourself.

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Tackchevy

Fuck yes, they're bringing back Xenosaga. I want me some further adventures of Allen.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119  Edited By EuanDewar

Oh my god guys you are gonna be so disappointed when its literally nothing you've mentioned

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By AuthenticM

@AhmadMetallic said:

@DFSVegas said:

"From the dudes who brought you Call of Duty" is enough to make people take a look in my opinion.

Do you really think EA would release a COD competitor FPS with "From the guys who brought you Call of Duty" for a tagline?

They should and they will.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Toxin066

@VierasTalo said:

Maybe it's that new Prince of Persia-game.

I think that's a pretty smart guess.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#122  Edited By Drebin_893

Fuck me.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#123  Edited By jakob187

@Trilogy said:

@Napalm said:

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

Virtually anything other than Grand Theft Auto IV did. Then again, I personally disliked Vice City and San Andreas as well. Grand Theft Auto III was the last great game in that franchise. I turned my eye over to Saints Row and haven't looked back. Even when that franchise is janky, it's far more enjoyable than what they've done to GTA in the last eight years.

dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By dfsvegas
@AhmadMetallic

@DFSVegas said:

Who said to put it on the box? The news is out. Respawn are the dudes what made COD. That fact alone, makes what ever Respawn is making, a "gigantic title". EA don't have to say shit.
Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Ramone

MGS 5?

The Last Guardian?

Half Life 3?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#126  Edited By MooseyMcMan

SHENMUE III

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Deranged

It could be a brand new IP? Or perhaps some news pertaining to Star Wars 1313?

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#128  Edited By Trilogy

@jakob187 said:

Virtually anything other than Grand Theft Auto IV did. Then again, I personally disliked Vice City and San Andreas as well. Grand Theft Auto III was the last great game in that franchise. I turned my eye over to Saints Row and haven't looked back. Even when that franchise is janky, it's far more enjoyable than what they've done to GTA in the last eight years.

I respectfully disagree. San Andreas and GTA4 are some of my favorite games. I loved 3 and Vice City as well but they don't hold up as well as the other two games do. As far as Saints Row goes, I've been a fan since 2 and I can't wait for the next game in the series but they just don't hold a candle to the magic that Rockstar employs in their games in my eyes. There's just a certain flavor of tone that is so specific to Rockstar games that I just love. Maybe it lies in the excellent writing, the over the top yet somewhat grounded characters that populates the world, or maybe its their brilliant lampooning of popular culture. It just all hits the right notes for me. Saints Row is just dumb fun and to a lot of people, that's all it ever needs to be. That's kind of all I want it to be as well but that kind of game just doesn't resonate with me over the course of a generation like GTA has.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Deranged

@Trilogy: I honestly thought San Andreas was one of the lesser GTA titles. I actually preferred the more realistic approach that GTA IV took.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#130  Edited By tallTuck94

If it's half life 3 i'll be disappointed, I've never really liked those games. Here hoping for Persona 5!!! (Like THAT'S gonna be it :/)

Honestly it'll be awesome if it's something completely new from Bioware. A lot of people seem to dislike them now but I have faith they can still create fucking amazing games.

Edit: Thinking about it the two things that would really make me jizz in my pants would be a new Kojima directed Snatcher or Shenmue III. If it's neither of those I'll be disappointed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA 5

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Zella

To everyone saying Half Life 3/Episode 3, I would say prepare to be dissapointed. Do you really think a company like Valve known for crazy marketing techniques like ARGs would reveal their biggest game to date via a magazine cover or Gamescom Press Conference? If it ever comes out I expect Valve to use some strange reveal techniques that get the fans involved like usual.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Itwastuesday

@MooseyMcMan said:

SHENMUE III

why did you say this

why did you do this to me

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134  Edited By Seppli

My money is on GTAV. GamesCom opens to the media on the 14th, I believe - and GTAV is rumored to be the star of the show.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#135  Edited By PixelPrinny

My money is on something underwhelming.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By doobie

@PixelPrinny said:

why?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ShaggE

Big Rigs HD remake for iOS.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#139  Edited By Daneian

@BaneFireLord said:

@WalkerTR77 said:

Maybe MGS5?

This man speaks the truth.

@Jack268 said:

I would guess an early reveal for MGS5?

As does this man.

Kojima is already doing a reveal for his FOX engine and the game he's building on it on the 30th. I would think that if they wanted to reveal MGS5, they'd do it there.

Mortified_Cow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Mortified_Cow

GTA V wouldn't really be a reveal, so I don't think it would be that. Valve has steam to announce their games, but he did say it was "part" of a world wide reveal, so maybe. Respawn's game is possible, EA would love the good press as we exit the summer dead zone. Blizzard is unlikely to announce anything before the Starcraft and WOW expansion are out, but it could be the games release dates, or a Diablo expansion. On the other hand, this is too close to GamesCom for this not to be related, and I doubt Blizzard would announce anything major outside of BlizzCon. Bungie's game is possible, unless Activision doesn't want to overshadow Black Ops II. Come to think of it, the reveal is probably just the "reveal" of the Black Ops II multiplayer, they haven't showed anything on it yet to my knowledge and they always use the term "reveal" even though it's they same thing each year with minor changes here and there. My bet is it's just a "Multiplayer Reveal" trailer that hits that day, though I would love to see Gordon Freeman on the cover, crowbar in hand, proving me wrong.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Ares42

@Trilogy: Although I bet you wanted an answer from the guy you replied to, I think it's fair to say that games like Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption and I would personally say SR3 and Just Cause 2 all blew GTA4 out of the water as far as being open-world games (that's not to include RPGs as they are somewhat of a different beast). They all embrace the strength of open-world in way better ways than GTA4 did. I would even go as far as saying GTA4 didn't even need to be open-world. With what they were trying to do with it it would've probably been better if they just went straight up shooter, both for gameplay and story.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#142  Edited By PixelPrinny

@doobie said:

@PixelPrinny said:

why?

Because betting on black is more likely to win than betting on a single number.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By MrKlorox
@Napalm said:

Haha. All the people saying Grand Theft Auto V - don't fucking flatter yourselves.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? What a silly person.
Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#144  Edited By Pop

A new game console!

edit: or something from someone at gamescom, that starts on the 15th, I bet they're gonna announce it there too. I hope it's blizzard's titan project, but I think it's going to be something underwhelming like hey so and so is making a new game that comes out in 2014.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#145  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Itwastuesday said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

SHENMUE III

why did you say this

why did you do this to me

Because the Dream(cast) will never die!

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Be cool if it was GTAV. Probably something stupid like DA3 though.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Jay444111

Half life 3?

Actraiser 3? (or 2 if they want to ignore the actual 2)

A dinosaur hunting game made by the guys who made Dark Souls?

A post apocalyptic Harvest Moon?

Axe Cop the video game?

SMT4?

Persona 5?

...that's about it, that's all I want to hear about anyway...

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#148  Edited By WightnNerdy

I have a gut feeling that the game will be something a little disappointing. I don't know why. 

I hope it's something cool, though. Maybe the new Xbox? That'd be ballin'.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#149  Edited By aurahack

It's going to be something that will probably turn out to be awesome, only everyone will immediately dismiss it because it will either be a sequel to something or a game featuring guns. 

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Zithe

I don't think they would have used the word "publisher" if it was anything to do with new consoles. You don't publish a console and Sony and Microsoft are more than just publishers.