The Community Spotlight - 05/23/2015

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff  Online
Special Thanks to Aurahack for This Work of Art This Week!
Special Thanks to Aurahack for This Work of Art This Week!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight. I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host as always. Before we officially get started, please join me in thanking @aurahack for the AWESOME podcast banner that he made for The Beastcast this week! It's really great to see user art that just hits it out of the park like this. Now, onto the "State of the Site!" Firstly, if you ever have issues using the chat during a live stream to remember to disable your browser extensions. Earlier this week, some users reported that they were having issues with creating new game pages on the wiki. The engineers have remedied most of this particular bug, but if you are still having issues creating any types of new wiki pages on the database to report the issue here. The site recently launched a new feature that allows you to navigate to the last location of a thread that you previously visited. If you experience any wonkiness with this feature please report the problem here. With that we are done with the site housekeeping and can now move onto the meat and bones of the Community Spotlight!

Clip(s) of the Week

@rapid and the Giant Bomb Warframe Alliance hosted yet another AWESOME raid this week, and you can check out what insane fun they had in the following video. If you record a community event that you participated in feel free to drop a link to your video. I would be glad to help spread the word about the events you are hosting.

The Giant Bomb Weekly Gallery

Well...we still have plenty of "art" coming from the MS Paint Staff thread this week. I have no words to describe the latest creations this week...especially the MS Paint rendition of The Creation of Adam. Joseph Critellion the other hand created a poster featuring Jeff for Unprofessional Fridays inspired by the movie UHF.

Community Activities

Best of Blogs

Join the Discussion

Invisible, Inc. Continues to be Rad This Week
Invisible, Inc. Continues to be Rad This Week

Lovable Lists

• Phoenix Wright Clones (By: @kewlsnake) - You may be thinking that the Phoenix Wright games are so odd that they have not spawned clones or knock-offs, and kewlsnake's list seeks to disprove such sentiments.
  • Shattered Dreams (By: @doppelgamer) - Doppelgamer is working on a list of every game that featured a cancelled port for the ill-fated Dreamcast console. So check out the list and assist him in locating any gaps in his records.
  • My Favorite Games of All Time (By: @cloudymusic) - cloudymusic finally got around to listing his favorite and most important games that he has ever played in his lifetime on his latest list.

Wonderful Wikis

• Splatoon - Nintendo's ink based shooter is coming out this week, and there is plenty of information about it on our wiki page for the game.
  • Not a Hero - BunnyLord COMMANDS you to not only vote for him as mayor, but to also check out our wonderful wiki page for Not a Hero.

Useful User Reviews

• @wemibelec90 did not enjoy playing Valiant Hearts, but still concedes that it is an important game to experience on his review.
  • @machofantastico strongly recommends the special edition of Bayonetta 2 for anyone with a Wii U on his latest review.
  • @bdhurkett was mostly let down with NaissanceE as a story and gameplay experience, and shares why on his review for the game.
  • @danjohnhobbs had a hard time ignoring some of the flaws to Axiom Verge, but still enjoyed the game overall as seen on his review.
jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh man. My blog made it here. That's pretty awesome!. Thanks @zombiepie!

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Awesome spotlight dude! Keep up the great work duders!

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pleasure as always

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thanks @zombiepie for the spotlight! I didn't post it on the forums, yet it appeared on site.

Skip to 5:32 for the raid. We had fiddle around with our mumble chat the first 5 minutes.

As mentioned I update the PC Clan/Alliance thread fairly regularly with the latest of what the community is doing. We usually do a raid at least a week rotating a few players each time.

Thanks to @noizy@tbk@rupertthebear@uberexplodey@glitches@rain_1 and @mechadrewzilla for their assistance in the raid. @rain_1 will probably be streaming / recording the next raid we do. So we'll have footage another player perspective in the next video.

poheroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thisis awesome! keep up the good work!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wow, that Jeff with blue shades looks damn good.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Yay! I finally got a blog onto one of these fancy pants "Front Page" community spotlights all the kids are talking about these days.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yay Warframe!

arawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would totally buy that UPF art if it was a poster...or any GB thing that was a poster!

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By kewlsnake

Thank you for posting my Phoenix Wright clones list (and posting your wonderful spotlight of course!). Please let me know if you guys know of any other Phoenix Wright clones since I would be more than happy to play them. =)

Sharkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is the "Join the Discussion" section not titled "#JoinTheConversation"?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love that that MS Paint thread is still rolling.

porjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By porjos

Waking up on a Monday morning, have my coffee in one hand, and the community spotlight on my tablet in the other. That's how I do Business. Capital B.

Azraelsoulfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klei entertainment rules

danjohnhobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18  Edited By danjohnhobbs

My first time on the Community Spotlight! Thanks @zombiepie! Hopefully it's not the last.

mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I hope this feature is getting loads of views. It's awesome.

sandykl738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#23 gamer_152  Moderator

I did a review for Gears: Judgment. As usual you need to use that bitly link for it to link through properly. Thank you.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Why is the "Join the Discussion" section not titled "#JoinTheConversation"?

Despite the fact that I run the Community Twitter Account I have maintained an adamant anti-hashtag agenda my entire life.