The Community Spotlight - 05/07/2016

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
Many thanks to lizzy dawson for creating this work of art!
Many thanks to lizzy dawson for creating this work of art!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host! Don't let anyone try to convince you that we experienced a low point at this point of the year. Considering that monumental games such as Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Doom are being released next week, there were plenty of games for the Giant Bomb Community to chew on. With all of that behind us let's go over the major bits of site related housekeeping from the week that was.

Clip(s) of the Week

Giant Bombcast - 02/23/16 - "#skate4" (By: bananas)

YouTuber bananas is back to animating Bombcast clips! Here's his fantastic rendition of the hilarious #Skate4 conversation from a while back!

GB Troopers (By: @kevslider)

Did you ever want the VR Troopers theme song synced to clips of the GB staff? Well thanks to kevslider that dream is now a reality!

Best of Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run--06 (Parts 069 to 078)(By: @clagnaught)

Clagnaught has the sixth episode of his "Best of GB's Persona 4 Endurance Run" up! Re-live the "birth" of Teddie all over again.

Giant Bomb HD Remix - Endurance Run: Persona 4 - Part 09.1 (By: @stordoff)

Part NINE of stordoff's effort to convert the Giant Bomb Persona 4 Endurance Run to HD video is available for your visual enjoyment.

Giant Bomb Galleria

BANNER- Giant Bomb Staff Sketch (By: lizzy dawson/morehandclaps)

morehandclaps on Tumblr took the time to create this AWESOME sketch of the GB staff!

It Was Austin All Along(By: @fobwashed)

#COLLUSION THE EVIDENCE HERE SAYS IT ALL!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Community Activities

No Caption Provided

Giant Bomb Overwatch Team (By: @kopcik)

There's already talk about creating a Giant Bomb Team forOverwatch! The discussions are still in the preliminary stages, but feel free to join them nonetheless.

Battleduders on PC(By: @roland_leshaft)

Are you interested in playing Battleborn on the PC with fellow Giant Bomb users? Then look no further than this thread!

Best of Blogs

MooseyMcMan had better luck playing the Nioh demo than Giant Beast
MooseyMcMan had better luck playing the Nioh demo than Giant Beast

Spirits and Foxes and Blizzards, Oh My: Thoughts on Never Alone (By: @darth_navster)

Darth_Navster comments on the good and bad parts to the mystical journey that he went through whilst playing Never Alone on his latest blog.

Angry Ranting about Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (By: @beforet)

Beforet has an ax to grind when it comes to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and shares why that's the case as well as what really grinds his gears about the game.

The Infinite Sadness of Doom II (By: @egge)

Egge pontificates upon why he found the world of Doom II to be one of "infinite sadness," but not for the reasons that you may think.

A Personal Video Game Retrospective (1986-2015) 2005 (By: @riostarwind)

BlackLagoon once again reminds you that there are plenty of game still coming out for the Vita
BlackLagoon once again reminds you that there are plenty of game still coming out for the Vita

RioStarwind's retrospective of the years in gaming that he has lived through continues with a blog about 2005. Read about what lasting mark the year has made on his.

Weekly Update #22 - May 3, 2016 (By: @qreedence)

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition and Hearthstone were the two games that dominated qreedence's last week, and you can read all about his lasting impressions of both.

Zombies, Edgy Mirrors, Basket Cars, and Ninja Souls (By: @mooseymcman)

MooseyMcMan has been having a roller-coaster of a time on the PS4! Zombi and Nioh are just a few of the loops and dives from the week that was.

Why I Won't Be Finishing Final Fantasy 14 (By: @dinoracha)

What could cause someone to walk away from FFXIV? Read Dinoracha's blog to find out!
What could cause someone to walk away from FFXIV? Read Dinoracha's blog to find out!

Dinoracha is walking away from Final Fantasy XIV, despite having sunk in hundreds of hours into the game. Read why that is the unfortunate case over here.

May Vita Lineup And Upcoming Titles (By: @blacklagoon)

A new month means that BlackLagoon is back with a convenient listing of every single PS Vita coming out in May!

Mento's May Mastery '16: Days One to Seven & Sunday Summaries: InFamous Second Son & Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (By: @mento)

It's May, which means that Mento has lost his damn mind again and resumed his annually recurring daily series. See what he thought of Transistor, The Talos Principle, and Downfall this week, as well inFamous Second Son and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse from the week prior.

Bit.trip Runner's Odyssey Level Made Me Think A Lot About Game Design (By: @bigsocrates)

Bit.Trip Runner's Odyssey level caused BigSocrates to pontificate about game design, and you can read why the game spurned such a dialogue.

Join the Discussion

Oh, and Persona 5 news happened this week
Oh, and Persona 5 news happened this week

Forza Apex Beta Available To Download Now (By: @mrcraggle)

Have you been playing around with the Forza Apex beta? Feel free to share your impressions of it with the Giant Bomb community.

Who Are You Liking in Overwatch? (By: @donchipotle)

Thus far, which class and character have you been enjoying the most while playing Overwatch? Feel free to share with other users that have been enjoying the game.

Persona 5 Release Date Announcement and Trailer Discussion Thread(By: @selfconfessedcynic)

Join our official hype and discussion thread for the Persona 5 Japanese release date announcement over here.

Owners Of Only *One* Of The Two Main Current Gen Consoles - Would You Buy The One You Don't Have? (By: @extintor)

Can you ever envision yourself owning all of the major consoles from this current generation? Share why or why not on this community discussion thread.

Oh hey...this is the first week where I haven't promoted a Dark Souls III thread in over a month!
Oh hey...this is the first week where I haven't promoted a Dark Souls III thread in over a month!

Which Platform Are You Most Likely To Play Overwatch On? (By: @mike)

Do you have a platform of preference while the beta for Overwatch rages on? Share what it is, and why you made that choice, over here!

Overwatch Gameplay Videos Thread (By: @fredchuckdave)

Have you managed to capture any hilarious or fun clips of yourself playing Overwatch? Well feel free to post them here for other Giant Bomb users to enjoy!

Infinite Warfare Reveal Trailer Discussion Thread (By: @neocalypso)

Feel free to discuss the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare teaser trailer on our community discussion thread for the video.

Nioh Alpha Impressions, Tips, & Questions Thread (By: @tjhall42)

Hopefully you have had better luck with the Nioh alpha than Giant Beast, either way still feel comfortable to share your thoughts related to the game over here.

Useful User Reviews

Lovable Lists

Could These Be The 10 Best Games Of 2015? Yes. Yes They Are (By: @matt)

Perennial friend of the site, Matt Pascual, finally got around to listing his favorite games from 2015...better late than never I guess.

#BacklogWar 2015 (By: @rinsatori)

RinSatori is waging WAR against his gaming backlog and lets you in on his progress with this list.

Wonderful Wikis

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Will the release of Uncharted 4 mark the return of
Will the release of Uncharted 4 mark the return of "The Northies?" Time will only tell!

It is the big release of next week and luckily it features a wiki page worth marveling over. Learn more about the game, and its complicated developmental cycle, on our wiki page.

Battleborn

There's a new MOBA in town and you can read all about its structure and mechanics on our wiki page.

Heroes of the Storm

Many thanks to NES for rehauling our wiki page for Heroes of the Storm to keep it up to date and in the now. Your work is greatly appreciated!

SP World

I have no idea what "SP World" is, but Giant Bomb user Octopus58 put in neraly 1,000 wiki points into our location page for this place and I just had to showcase it.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

Part NINE of stordoff's effort to convert the Giant Bomb Persona 4 Endurance Run to HD video is available for your visual enjoyment.

Strictly speaking, it's Part 09 Part 1 (cuts off at the first battle scene, as I'm skipping over those for now). Rest of Part 09 should be up soon. Thanks for the mention though!

[FWIW, if anyone gets ads on the HD Remix videos, it is because AtlusUSA auto-monetize videos that YouTube detect as having the P4 cutscenes in. Nothing I can do about it]

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

cyberkn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cyberkn

Skate 4

Fink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will the release of Uncharted 4 mark the return of "The Northies?" Time will only tell!

Only if Troy Baker wins.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Naoiko

XD nice! I love these!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Skate 4?

Kubelwagen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...unless Skate 4

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Maaaan, I burst out laughing at the horrifying Brundlefly-esque merging of Austin and a Shy Guy.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

That Skate 4 video is ridiculously well put together.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

E3 is near.... Skate 4 is near...

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda feel like going back to Persona 4 now...

I swore I was done with that game... only JRPG I managed to finish, and did so only just 'bear'ly

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I've watched that #skate4 video so many times, brilliant!

Chillicothe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Chillicothe

Austin Walker as a Shyguy is now a thing.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah fuck, how'd my garbage end up on here? Thanks @marino, didn't expect my rambling nonsense to end up in a "Best of" anything.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the skate 4 video!

Airickson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burgerdicks. That's a good one.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Welp...VR Troopers theme song's in my head for the rest of the week.

utamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#Skate4

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

I really have to catch up on the podcasts again someday, but these various snippets that people make are an awesome and time-saving substitute.

Anyway, my latest unremarkable game to get a wiki overhaul is Space Interceptor/Project Freedom.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@stordoff said:

Strictly speaking, it's Part 09 Part 1 (cuts off at the first battle scene, as I'm skipping over those for now). Rest of Part 09 should be up soon. Thanks for the mention though!

[FWIW, if anyone gets ads on the HD Remix videos, it is because AtlusUSA auto-monetize videos that YouTube detect as having the P4 cutscenes in. Nothing I can do about it]

I got part two and will mention that in the next episode! Thank you so much for continuing this project of yours!

@yummylee said:

Maaaan, I burst out laughing at the horrifying Brundlefly-esque merging of Austin and a Shy Guy.

@hassun said:

That Austin Shy Guy.

Nope.

This is still my favorite Austin animated .gif
This is still my favorite Austin animated .gif
@fobwashed said:

That Skate 4 video is ridiculously well put together.

Here's the thing...that user on YouTube has created awesome videos before, but I'm not sure if they have an active account on Giant Bomb proper. I'd love to know one way or the other.

@bluefish said:

I kinda feel like going back to Persona 4 now...

I swore I was done with that game... only JRPG I managed to finish, and did so only just 'bear'ly

I have never played an RPG developed by Atlus, so you are way ahead of me.

I really have to catch up on the podcasts again someday, but these various snippets that people make are an awesome and time-saving substitute.

Anyway, my latest unremarkable game to get a wiki overhaul is Space Interceptor/Project Freedom.

Thank you for the great work on the wiki! I'll mark that down for the next episode!

Welp...VR Troopers theme song's in my head for the rest of the week.

You can blame @kevslider for that one!

@beforet said:

Ah fuck, how'd my garbage end up on here? Thanks @marino, didn't expect my rambling nonsense to end up in a "Best of" anything.

I actually am the one responsible for constructing the Spotlights and the content that is within them. If you create any future pieces of content feel free to contact me, or just drop a link to it on the latest Spotlight.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: Sorry for the mistake! Thank you zombie, and yeah I'll keep it in mind.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

I got part two and will mention that in the next episode! Thank you so much for continuing this project of yours!

Thanks! Part 09 Part 3 should be up before the next Community Spotlight as well (virtually finished with it - just need to grab a weather overlay from the PS2 version), and I wrote my third user review: Until Dawn