Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, ZombiePie, am once again honored to be your host as we look back on the best user-created offerings from the week. Whelp, things across the world have certainly changed. Nonetheless, this week was a spectacular reminder of the power of the Giant Bomb community, and human kindness in general. For one thing, Abby's impromptu fundraiser for COVID-19 relief raised OVER $10,000! Let's keep that momentum up in two weeks when the Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run is set to start! Anyways, let's try to continue the positive feelings with a quick rundown of the site-related housekeeping!
- Giant Bomb's "2020 Dad Hat" is still available to purchase via Giant Bomb Emporium! However, given current circumstances, be aware that shipping times will be longer than normal.
- @marino, @mracoon, and I have been moderating Giant Bomb for ten years now. With us, our area of expertise usually applies to the Giant Bomb wiki, which means banning a ton of plagiarists.
- Speaking of which, Fun story, a top-ten competitive Smash player once wrote me a seven paragraph essay on why the database needed to include Project M. Good times.
Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run
It's that time of the year again! That's right, it's time for the Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run! For those unaware, the Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run is a long-running spring-time charity event hosted by Giant Bomb community members, myself included! Use the link above and donate what you can!
Tweets Of The Week
I can't do this. I can't fuckin' do this. Ah, ahh, ahhh! Vinny!!!— Giant Bomb Out of Context (@giantbomb_ooc) April 1, 2020
- Austin Walker, 2016
I was reading John Carmack’s Giant Bomb page— Isaiah (CEO of Unmakers) (@IsannKeket) March 6, 2020
I love this so much pic.twitter.com/bvLtQje0JO
Clips Of The Week
Many thanks to Giant Bomb user user ITgeek for making the Bombcast theme in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and even recording Isabella singing the tune!
Operation Scarlet is live on PC. Giant Bomb user Rapid and the Giant Bomb PC Warframe Community check out this new limited time special event in Warframe in the following video. Don't forget to use the link above to join the PC group!
Giant Bomb Galleria
Over on Twitter, Giant Bomb and Gamespot design lead, Dan Auer, made a Giant Bomb-themed coloring book activity. Unfortunately, no one has actually attempted to color the sheet in, but here's to someone from here taking up the task!
Here's an interesting artistic thread brought to you by the anime discussion board! Try drawing your favorite anime character using ONLY MS Paint! Here are some of the community creations thus far!
Animal Crossing: New Horizons seems to popular with the community these days, so, it seem fit to remind everyone of how they can connect and share with other Giant Bomb users in the game! With the QR Code Sharing Thread, pick up some AMAZING designs and tunes created by the Giant Bomb community!
Are you having a hard time getting reasonable turnip prices in your town? Well, here's a community spreadsheet for you to consult that has up to date turnip prices across several Giant Bomb user's towns!
Calling all Animal Crossing: New Horizons players! Who wants to trade fruit?! Here's a link to the official community fruit trading thread! Let out a yelp if you need help completing your set!
electricviking has a very "ambitious" plan for this year's Community Endurance Run: for every $100 they raise, they will COMPLETE The Bouncer! You heard that right... they plan to start and finish The Bouncer, up to five times, in the name of charity!Learn how you can make the magic happen, using the link above!
Giant Bomb user haz continues their weekly pandemic blog updates with a progress report on their experiences with Gears of War 3, Gears of War 4, Yakuza 0, and Animal Crossing!
DecoyOctopusX wants YOU to learn how to program while you are sheltering in place! Read all about their tips and recommendations on how to start your quest to learn how to program websites and protocols!
MajorMitch wants YOU to join them in sharing your memories of playing Super Metroid! Read why the game has a special place in their heart, and feel free to discuss your experiences playing the game throughout your life!
PurpleShyGuy had some free time this week and used it to play NieR: Automata! Read why the game's themes of depression, hope, and overcoming the impossible resonated with them.
First, Mento continues their retrospective on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and this week talks about the myriad of side quests in the game and discusses if there's too much game in it. Second, Mento's latest "Indie Game of the Week" blog is all about Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom! Read all about why they wanted to enjoy the game more than they did!
Discussions & Threads
Hey, Doom Eternal players! What are your opinions about the Marauders? The community seems divided between thinking they are a fun source of variety and too damn long for their own good! What are your impressions?
Here's a community discussion thread that appears to have drawn battle lines. Will any of you skip a new PC build in favor of an Xbox Series X or PS5? What is pushing you towards the new consoles or a PC build? Join the discussion using the link!
Are any of you excited about the recently announced Nier:Replicant remaster? Is it a hard or easy sell for people not already invested in Nier or Drakengard? WHat do you think the remaster will do regarding OG Nier's "rough edges?"
What are your thoughts about all of the Super Mario remasters rumored to be announced soon? Are there any games you can't wait to play? Should they do anything to fix those garbage-ass levels in Sunshine?
This week, the single-player campaign of Modern Warfare 2 got a remaster of sorts. Are you excited to return to Modern Warfare 2? Is the lack of multiplayer a "deal breaker?" And what about the "No Russian" mission? Do you feel like the mission itself has aged well?
This, for many people, was the big "BREAKING NEWS" of the week. So, what is your reaction to The Last of Us Part II being delayed? Is your impression that this is a "legitimate" delay? Are there any other big video game titles you expect will be delayed soon?
Sea of Thieves has a store page on Steam with a release date of "coming soon!" Will a steam release of the game encourage you to check it out or even jump back in if you already own the game? Are there any other Microsoft developed titles you hope to see on Steam?
What do YOU make of the Rogue Legacy 2 announcement? Do you have any early impressions of the new artstyle? What do you hope the second game includes or has that the first did not?
The Giant Bomb Warframe community wants YOU to join its discussion about the Operation: Scarlet Spear Update! Learn all about the update, and share your impressions, using the link below!
Inspired by a recent Lockdown 2020 livestream, here's a link to the community Star Trek TNG "Character Tier List" discussion thread! Who are YOUR TNG S-Tier and F-Tier characters?
- I wish to thank @omjact for writing the most comprehensive and verbose review of Shenmue III you will ever find on the internet! Simply stunning work all around!
- @infantpipoc listened to everyone's advice and finally got around to playing Control and reviews why it might be their new favorite game from Remedy Entertainment.
- @haz gave the Nintendo Switch port of Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition a shot and shares why it's an admirable remaster held back by old JRPG conventions.
- @charongreed uses their review of Doom Eternal to discuss why they can't help but feel a little bit disappointed with the game, especially when it comes to the game's platforming sequences.
- @riostarwind's Steins;Gate talks about how it has a story to share, and that story is worth experiencing regardless of how you feel about Japanese visual novels.
- With the new wave of interest surrounding Nier Replicant, @capt_blakhelm decided to check out NieR:Automata! Read why they left the game wanting more than what it provided.
- @mayormikeackbar shares their tacit disappointment with Doom Eternal, especially when it comes to the game's story, with their latest user review.
Here's a fun new concept page on the wiki that needs YOUR HELP! Can you think of any games with comically tall grass for hiding and stealth gameplay purposes? Add missing examples after checking out the page!