• 123 results
lovcol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lovcol

The Last Ninja series for C64 was probably the most "Triple-A" stuff for that system back then. Excellent music, graphics and good (mostly) gameplay.

Would've been cool to see something from it on the show!

MOD EDIT: Let's make this the master thread (I couldn't find another one)

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2 rmanthorp  Moderator

I've edited the title and added a note in the OP.

My only suggestion is the 8-bit Sonic on the Master System - YEAAHHHH.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Altered Beast.

ejc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jason.

anarchobama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little Nemo the Dream Master for NES.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Strider for Genesis if they make Jeff play it.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Alex Kidd. There seems to be a split on whether those games are any good between Jeff and Brad if I recall. I have only ever seen the game on the Ultimate Genesis Collection so I would be interested in seeing Sega before Sonic became the face.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Squall20XXuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ranger X on Mega Drive, it's such an amazing side scrolling shooter hybrid that i feel people don't really know much about. Also i think Jeff would love it!

Loading Video...

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

Sunset Riders.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ben_H

Super Dodge Ball. Though that would be more of a multiplayer thing because that game is super competitive. We used to have tournaments of it and people would get pretty into it. If you aren't familiar with it, it's dodge ball with super/special throws and you kill the opposing team (they literally turn into angels and float into the sky when they die). The GBA version is really good too. You can get the NES version on eShop now. I played through the single player the other day and it still holds up.

It also has great music:

Loading Video...

I would suggest Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt! but Jeff already mentioned playing it on the show at some point. The world needs to know my pain.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I want Jeff and Jason to play old Neo Geo fighting games. Stuff crazier and more obscure than KOF 98. Or like.. SNK vs Capcom?

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

What qualifies as old? Pre PS2/Xbox? Pre PS1/Saturn? ARE THERE NO RULES FOR THE OLD GAMES SHOW???

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have a Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe 2 player match. Jeff was asking for Amiga games in another thread, and the Amiga version of this game was the best one (of the ones I've played anyway, apparantly there's a NES and Gameboy version too)

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Demon's Crest

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TIE Fighter. Everyone on staff has a reverence of it, but when it came out on GOG, there was narry a peep about it. If that's too new, then X-Wing or the old Wing Commanders. Or maybe the original X-Com.

Maybe some game boy stuff. Final Fantasy Adventure. Metroid 2. The Gameboy Color Zeldas by Capcom.

mitchell486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see N64 F-Zero X. I played the crap outta that game and it was surprisingly fun with multiple people. I haven't watched that video yet so I don't know the format but it strikes me as a great older game that would be fun to show off.

BigDaddyTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h said:

Super Dodge Ball. Though that would be more of a multiplayer thing because that game is super competitive. We used to have tournaments of it and people would get pretty into it. If you aren't familiar with it, it's dodge ball with super/special throws and you kill the opposing team (they literally turn into angels and float into the sky when they die). The GBA version is really good too. You can get the NES version on eShop now. I played through the single player the other day and it still holds up.

It also has great music:

Loading Video...

I would suggest Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt! but Jeff already mentioned playing it on the show at some point. The world needs to know my pain.

I second this one. Used to love playing SDB and I'd love to see if it still holds up.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cookiemonster

I dunno if it counts, but I'd love to see some of the old Warioland games on the gameboys.

trim_fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The old epic megagames stuff!

Jazz jackrabbit

Omf: 2097

Tyrian

Radix: beyond the void

Also:

Commander keen

And I recently heard that there's an old square game based on Tom Sawyer???

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Duke Nukem I and II
  • Raptor: Call of the Shadows
  • Secret Agent
  • Amazing Spider-Man (1990)
  • Commander Keen
  • Blake Stone
  • Battletoads & Double Dragon
  • Daggerfall
  • Lemmings
  • Indianapolis 500: The Simulation
mathey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode (or Mafat Conspiracy). It was a game I kept renting as a kid in the hope of beating, and the more I played it, the more inscrutable it became. I also recall it was the first time I ever saw a video game with a sniping sequence or a love scene, both of which may have played into my fascination.

No Caption Provided

Also, Sunset Riders, if only because Game Room promised it and never delivered all those years back.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gruff182

Kid Chameleon

Gunstar Heroes

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:
  • Daggerfall

Vinny and Dave did a two parter on Daggerfall. They go through the tutorial dungeon and then make their way to the city of Daggerfall.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/random-pc-game-daggerfall-part-01/2300-4832/

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#26 FinalDasa  Moderator

What qualifies as old? Pre PS2/Xbox? Pre PS1/Saturn? ARE THERE NO RULES FOR THE OLD GAMES SHOW???

Early 90s or older, or around when the SNES and Genesis were going at it.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Great Escape on Speccy - Older than most people here, still playable, easily emulated and has a midi Colonel Bogey theme tune. What's not to like?

Loading Video...

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see some Neo Geo Pocket games. They all have such a cool aesthetic to them.

MrDowntempo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Lap Twin on the Turbo Graphics 16. I had a TG16 when I was young and this is the only game that left a lasting impact on me. I still go back and play it from time to time on my emulator. It's a pole position style racer, but... it has a quest mode. It's basically final fantasy with racing instead of RPG battles. Car Parts instead of DnD equipment. It's also the first game I ever played with a swear word in it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

etpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SiN! Blood! The first Alone In The Dark!

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I have a few I can think of right now:

These are the few I can think of right now, but I am sure there will be more.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By boboblaw

Wonderboy in Monsterland specifically on the Master System. It's a better playing version with better music the the arcade version.

Plus it'd be nice to see some Master System games as they have never streamed any games for it.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cloudymusic
  • Prince of Persia (Either the Apple II version which is the original, or the SNES version which is the best)
  • Darius, a classic shoot-'em-up with cool features like branching stage paths and (in arcades) a triple-monitor cabinet. Available on home platforms as Darius+.
  • Raiden, another classic shmup.
  • Lode Runner. I already know Jeff likes this game.
  • MechWarrior 2, assuming there's a version that runs on modern PCs. Apparently there were console ports too, but I have no idea how good those are.
  • S.T.U.N. Runner
thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Boy 3 Dragons Trap on SMS./ Dragons Curse on TurboGrafix
Psycho Fox for the Master System
Home Alone for the Mega Drive.
Kickle Cubicle for the NES

One Must Fall 2049 PC/DOS
Nightmare 3D (which is a fps game set in the Hugo House of Horrors series)
Dungeons of Drakklor (It's hosted on archive.org)
MinerVGA (Archive.org)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Contra: Hard Corps. It's hard to find now and people should be exposed to the best Contra.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By cornbredx

A lot of great mentions here but I didn't get to them all so hopefully I'm not repeating something.

Kid Chameleon- of course I did. I play this game at least once a year to this day. The thing is the show is about games they maybe didn't play so they probably won't do this one. Jeff probably played this game.

Moonwalker- Probably the best Genesis game ever made. HE KILLS GUYS BY DANCING! There's also a "whooooo!" button. And of course Bubbles and evil Joe Pesci with a ponytail (from the movie the game is sort of based on). But again, Jeff has probably played this extensively.

Battletoads- people these days say this game is hard. They're right, but I love this game. The Genesis version is THE version.

World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck - One of the best Disney games ever made.

Hexen- I'm not sure that they've played this game on the site before. Worth a mention, though. Great game.

Blood- One of the best FPS of the 90s. At the time I found this game really scary. "I LIVE... AGAIN!"

D/Generation- They'd never do this one because I don't know if you can buy it anywhere now a days, but it's a pretty great PC action/adventure game from the 90s (It was on other platforms as well).

Men In Black The game- This game is terrible in sort of a funny way. The problem is the controls were really bad, that I recall, so they'll never do this. Also I doubt they'd be able to buy it anyway.

Hunter Hunted- Another fun PC action/adventure game from the 90s. I played it a lot when it came out.

Tekken 3- The best Tekken game ever made.

Dare to Dream- The first game Cliff B. developed I believe (that he sold anyway). I loved it at the time, but it's really weird. They'd never do this. It's windows 3.1 and you can't buy it anywhere anymore.

Commander Keen- Why not? Great games.

Yes, I went through most of my games to find 90s games I think would be interesting. There are other games (Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight for example) but either they wouldn't be interesting to watch, would be unmanageable to control for various reasons I suspect, or I just stopped looking for now.

broletariat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By broletariat

My #1 most wanted pick would have to be E.V.O.: The Quest for Eden, which was basically one of the coolest/weirdest SNES games ever. You played as an animal evolving through the ages, and you could mix and match body parts in all kinds of crazy ways. I never beat it, but I played the hell out of it.

Other things it'd be cool to see: Base Wars, Doomsday Warrior (hooray for shitty SNES fighting games), Section Z (mainly because I could never make any sense of it as a kid, so seeing someone actually make progress in it would be cool), and BioMetal (hot soundtrack by 2 Unlimited).

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#39 fisk0  Moderator

C64:

Project Firestart - early survival horror game by EA with some System Shock vibes

Sentinel - an odd first person puzzle adventure thing unlike anything else, other than the PS1 remake Sentinel Returns

Genesis:

Zero Tolerance - rad FPS in the vein of Blake Stone - features network multiplayer using a proprietary link cable

F-117 Night Storm - there were several flight sims on the Genesis, all of them had pretty terrible framerates, but this one at least has some pretty good visuals to make up for it.

Saturn:

Powerslave, a.k.a The 1999 Resurrection of Pharao and Exhumed. Somewhat of a proto-Serious Sam, where you're fighting aliens, snakes and mummies in ancient Egypt using your trusty M60 machine gun. This was also available on the PS1, but the engine was actually developed for the Saturn first, and that version has better lighting and of course the obligatory tilt when strafing.

PS1:

Krazy Ivan. It's been mentioned several times over the years, but I don't think it's ever shown. Fantastic FMV sequences.

Bedlam - one of few Crusader: No Remorse clones, and a pretty decent at that.

Mass Destruction - I've never played it, but seeing it on store shelves it always looked like dumb fun with some hints of Fire Power/Return Fire. Got a 7/10 on Gamespot, so it's gotta be good.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#40 fisk0  Moderator
Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Sunset Riders.

Sunset Riders is a fantastic game. I'd be down to see that one.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hexen or Heretic.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

JET MOTO!

If we're talking pre-ps1, then I'd be up for any Genesis era platformers.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I would love an all old fighting game edition of the show with Jason in on the action.

Good and bad games in here! I want to see even some Primal Rage or something.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should definitely break out a Master System at some point:

All of these ate up countless hours of my childhood.

coldblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple of tg16 bangers.

Side arms

Devil's crush

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elite (1984) for the BBC Micro.

No Caption Provided

Drew will love it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

EasyTGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EasyTGT

Can you please play through impossible mission on C64? I always tried to play it at my grandma's house but was too young to figure out what to actually do.

Also, Wrath of the Black Manta on NES because it's awesome and the music is awesome. You're a Ninja who fights giant drug dealers named Tiny.

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7