Are you getting Spider-Man?

• 58 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you getting Spider-Man? (352 votes)

Yeah, first day! I'm excited. 29%
Yeah, probably first day too. Ironic maybe, but I'm not actually all that excited for it. 5%
Yeah, but not first day. I am excited though. Money is mainly why I'm not getting it on release. Whether that's because I want to save up for something else, buy something else, or simply don't have the money right now. 18%
Yeah, I plan on getting it. Not first day though. I'm just not excited enough. 17%
Nope. I don't plan on getting it at all. 16%
I don't know... 9%
Some other choice not listed. 5%

Just seeing who here is super excited for it and planning on getting it tomorrow. I plan on getting it, but I don't know whether I should get it tomorrow or later. I really want to experience the game on a PS4 Pro on my 4K screen rather than on base hardware at 1080p. I'm also curious if that matters to anyone else here, or they don't care enough and just want to experience Spider-Man regardless. Maybe it's just the gaming sites I visit but aside from the game being well-received critically, I'm not seeing a lot of excitement for it from game site communities. Either that or I'm just not looking hard enough perhaps.

As mentioned on the only other thread here from @glots there surprisingly haven't been any threads on the game here. Is this the next comic book game that has people losing their minds over, or whatever sequel comes out? I wasn't a huge fan of City, but I remember fondly seeing many people lose their minds over that game. It was a game that grabbed the attention of people that don't play games that much too. Of course, there were people that weren't in love with it (me being one of them) but by and large, it seemed like the comic book game to really get a lot of attention and praise. I'm just wondering if Spider-Man is the next comic book game to do that, or if this game will turn out to be good enough to have people become excited about its sequel.

• 
Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a game that I would really enjoy, but I just don't have the time. I really really really need to finish Nier Automata

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BigBoss1911

Whenever I pick up a ps4 I'll be getting it, those poll options are wild.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I had to sell my PS4 awhile back to cover some expenses, so I don't currently have a way to play it. If I did, I'd be immediately picking it up, as I've always enjoyed Spider-Man games in the past and this one looks/sounds really good.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigboss1911: Yeah, I usually try to cover all the bases, and have an equal amount of yes' and no's, but couldn't this time.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eventually for sure. If nothing else, I want to support well made Arkham-esque superhero games.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Meltac

Playing right now and I haven't been smiling this much, while playing a game, in a long ass time!

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nicksmi56

When I first saw the gameplay reveal, I was pretty dang pissed as a Spidey fanboy. Shiny new PS4 Spidey game, and we're getting a game that's not only shockingly similar to past Spidey games, but actually seemed lesser in some respects (seriously, all those QTEs, and WHY IS THE SINISTER SIX A CUTSCENE???).

It was pretty much emblematic of all my issues with this generation: constant rehashing of games that are either the same or actually worse than their last-gen counterparts that everyone fawns over and pays top dollar for because it...looks better, I guess?

Now that the game's actually reviewing well and I've seen more of it for myself, I'm not angry about it anymore, though I am still kinda disappointed at just how much like the Spidey games I've been playing since 2004 it is. But at the same time, holding how much of a disappointment this gen is against one game is pretty silly, and it does seem to have a few improvements at least. It may have Amazing Spider-Man's combat, but it seems done way better here, and I do love the ridiculous amount of costumes and how good they look.

So despite my issues with it, I've had to admit to myself that I'd probably enjoy this if I got my hands on it. There's too many games that I'm super pumped for to go out of my way to get it, especially since I'd have to drag my brother away from his PS4, but maybe after a sizable price drop or if my family gets it for me for Christmas. If I get it, I'll be happy. If not, meh.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Seikenfreak

"Yes, day one, but not particularly excited" would be my choice.

I haven't really followed any of the coverage for it. I ordered based on the fact that this dev seems to do quality work and I liked that Arkham City game. I imagine this will basically be that kind of game again. I'm also not really into super hero stuff and don't have any care or attachment to spider-man.

But yea, safe to say it'll be above average and I want to #jointheconversation

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

one button combat... just can't play games like that...

JonRambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll be getting it and it looks really fun. But I just picked up D2 Forsaken and also am playing Nier and bought Lost Legacy on a sale. So I’m going to wait until it’s on sale or a Black Friday deal.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna get it next year sometime when its cheap and has all the dlc. No real rush to get it right now with so many games about to drop starting next week.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By fatalbanana

Have it preordered and the countdown clock for release is slowly ticking to midnight (EST). Excited for it, I've been waiting for a great Spidey game for a long while now and pumped to finally play one. I usually never buy games at launch but every year I make an exception or two for releases I'm really excited about. Spider-Man was one of those and I'm counting down the time until I can jump into it.

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe when there is a Game of the Year version, right now in honor of Mass Alex (we all know it as Alexy Quest) I'm playing Mass Effect 1 and want to finish that before embarking on any new games and I have a good back log as well.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a sucker for games with good locomotion.

But somehow was not interested in Sunset Overdrive.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Maybe for $20 in a year...no time right now. Red Dead's getting closer every day and I need to finish Divinity OS2 first.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I remember when I bought Arkham Knight during a sale...(sigh)...still haven't touch it... Imagine if there was a year when no new entertainment came out. Man, that would be kinda amazing.

I want to play Marvel's Spider-Man when the hype dies down. Spider-Man and X-Men are the superheroes I'm into so I'm excited but I got kinda carried away and bought wayyy too many games last month.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meltac: Cool. I doubt there is, but similar to the Arkham games, is there a bio kind of thing for characters?

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Was waiting all along for reviews because although it looked real good from the E3 trailer during Sony's press conference, I wanted to wait and hear more. Since then, after seeing reviews from Easy Allies, Kinda Funny and now Giant Bomb, I'm sold. I bought it last night on PSN so it can pre-load and be ready to play right when it unlocks.

Avatar image for lurkingkittycat
lurkingkittycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lurkingkittycat

I'm playing too much Monster Hunter World to play any other game

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

This game wasn't really on my radar much at all. But I watched the quick look tonight, thought "that looks like a good time" and preordered, picking up this weekend.

I never played the PS2 Spider-Man that everyone seems to love for its web slinging, so I don't have that nostalgia factor for Spider-Man games, but I haven't played a big open world game in quite a while, and this one looks great, the combat looks fun, etc.

Hoping it's still okay on PS4 non-Pro, assuming the Quick Look was on a Pro. Haven't listened to the review yet, not sure if they cover that or not.

Side note: Best Buy included a free disc copy of Destiny 2 w/ my preorder, so I'm now up to three free copies of that game. (It's free on PS Plus right now, and I'm getting a free PC copy from a recent GPU purchase.)

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By Sergio

I plan to eventually get it, but Dragon Quest XI.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said Nope. I only watched 10 minutes of the QL. I'm kind of past the superheroes thing and well past Peter Parkers inner angst and surrounding drama.

But then, after watching Spider man sling around, I started to think of Infamous 1 and 2.

I really liked those games

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moderp said:

Do you feel that way about Arkham games? Because this really is just the arkham combat layed out a different way.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu said:
@moderp said:

Do you feel that way about Arkham games? Because this really is just the arkham combat layed out a different way.

I wouldn't say it's a 1:1 translation. Firstly the Arkham combat is mechanically denser, but also the pace is different. In this game you can pretty much target one dude, knock him out, move on to the next, knock him out etc etc only having to dodge now and again if there are guys shooting at you (and even then you don't always have to actively dodge). Arkham is much more about crowd control and precise targeting and countering. The air combat in this game basically makes you immune to melee combatants as long as you don't get overly greedy, and the inherent mobility (even during attacks) makes it very easy to avoid any sort of threatening situation.

As for this game being one button combat, it's not, but it's much more in the "light, heavy attack" box than the "attack, counter" box. It's been a while since I played a DMC, but I'd be more inclined to compare it to that.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The game looks great in all aspects, but nothing about is has managed to excite me yet. Maybe I'll pick it up in a sale early next year or something, but the rest of this year is already pretty packed with games for me.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I plan to at some point but right now it's out of the question with so many other games coming out I need to save for, like Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise after I beat Kiwami 2 and SoulCalibur VI next month.

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Day one for me because I can get it at an acceptable price but I'm not that excited for it. I want it more because it's an Insomniac game that it's a Spidey game. To be honest I'm a bit tired about superheroes, particularly Batman and Spider-man, but the reviews are so good and it's Insomniac and I'm also weak so why not give it a try. I'm more pumped for Tomb Raider next week, I'm even taking a 4 day weekend especially for it.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. It will be waiting on me when I get home today

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aww, you added the option for me but I had already voted.

Let it be factored in the final tally: -1 from "Yes, first day I'm excited!" and +1 to "Yes, day one. But not really excited." It'll really shake up the results here.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would have bought it if I had a console. I love superhero games.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already have God of War and Horizon to finish on ps4. Will probably play Spiderman next after those

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

My buddy surprised me for my birthday with a pre order for this. It's the collector's edition too :D. I am so excited to play it.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've already got a reservation at RedBox for over the weekend to try it out. $7.50 for 3 days and if I like it, I'll likely buy it unless I get my fill this weekend. It seems like a good time and I haven't played any open world stuff in a while, so I'm looking forward to it.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@skullpanda1: You really, really don't need to finish Neir....

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All I want to do is swing around. I'm really not that into single-player games lately and I'm concerned the quips/ Spider-Man voice acting will get old really quick.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon would not let you pre-order the physical version so I will not be getting it. It will probably be $30 on Black Friday so I will get it then if ever.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm torn between this and DQ11. Both look great and are probably worth a purchase, though.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited as hell, seeing how the reviews are loving it. Glad to se them treating the IP with seriousness. I don't care much for Spider-man (though I love Tom Hollands take on him) but I love a good super hero story.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I got it and am looking forward to playing it. But most of my September excitement was already spent on ZOE 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know nothing of Spider-Man lore of related things, but the game does seem very interesting nonetheless. I'll probably pick it up a couple of months from now.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I got it and I've been enjoying it. Holy smokes is it hard to undue all the muscle memory from Batman and Shadow of Mordor.. they switched the dodge button with the special move button and I am NOT adapting at all.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm about 4 hours in now and i'm extremely impressed. I'm a bit of a Spidey fan and I knew it was going to be good from the reviews / videos but actually playing it has blown me away. Their recreation of NYC is just stunning. Along with the fun swinging and combat it's just a joy to play. Already by far the best thing I've played so far this year.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Their recreation of NYC is just stunning.

It does look pretty great from the Quick Look and other footage I've seen, but a friend of mine made a post last night that had me giggling. He posted a photo from the game of Spider-Man standing a few blocks down the street from where a friend of ours had opened a bar a few years ago, saying, "I'm about to walk to your bar in a video game. I'll let you know if the drinks are any good." And then this:

No Caption Provided

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puchiko: Hmm. I was able to pre-order the physical copy off Amazon. That wasn't until they changed their discount thing on August 28th. After that, a bunch of physical games became available on the site.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not into Spider Man. So not getting it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll grab it in a year when it's half off during a sale, like I've been doing with everything for the last couple of years.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I feel like this is probably the closest thing to Sunset Overdrive 2 we will ever get so I'm definitely down. I loved moving through the city in Sunset and this looks very similar.

teo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By teo22

As someone nostalgic to Spider-man 2 I would play the shit out of this game. Insomniac as devs, Manhattan looking better than ever in a video game and web slinging with that ever so satisfying "it" feeling? Count me in.

However I sold my PS4 when the PS4 Pro was announced because I had no interest in becoming a second class citizen who's handed scraps optimized for superior hardware. That being said I also didn't find the PS4 Pro worth investing in when I have a perfectly good PC. I guess this is one of those moments I wish I had one. Luckily Sony is making it easy to resist the temptation with their uppity attitude towards cross-platform support once they've finally gained market superiority. Ironically enough their plan to force people to buy PS4's is encouraging me not to get one.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like I won’t be playing this until tomorrow. Target is bad at release days.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NTM

I didn't buy it yet. It will probably be in a few weeks, if not next month. This might be a game I get with a few other titles like Tomb Raider and etc. Currently, I decided to just play backlog games and save up some money. I hope to play every other game I want to play before Red Dead Redemption 2 is out, that's all I hope for.