Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

God of war III in a nutshell.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

I rented the game and beat it. 

It was great, but I do not think my words will do it justice, but I think this will for all the people who have not played it yet: 

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I wish I would have rented it, could have saved myself $57. I'll probably play through it again and then sell it on Craigslist or something.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MB said:
    " I wish I would have rented it, could have saved myself $57. I'll probably play through it again and then sell it on Craigslist or something. "
    How much and were might youz be living? (As for shipping costs) 
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By amir90

well, it is kinda true.
    But all done in real time and HD.

=D

idk, not like I can play the game :P

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By ryanwho

I know some people like to pretend there's more to it than that but yeah, good summation.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By animateria

SPOILER!

Ending: Kratos kills everyone.

Well, just guessing the ending really.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zombie2011

I just beat the game today and that game lost a lot of steam in the middle. At some points i wanted the game to just end, it was just puzzle after puzzle after puzzle they weren't hard they were just long. Also the ending was not great.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

lol

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By KaosAngel

...so I just wasted 60 bucks I take it?  I've been working on school work due to our law projects so I haven't had much time to play it...damn, I was gonna pick up L4D2 or BC2 (PC) instead of this. 

Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shinryu
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...so I just wasted 60 bucks I take it?  I've been working on school work due to our law projects so I haven't had much time to play it...damn, I was gonna pick up L4D2 or BC2 (PC) instead of this.  "

Yeah it's pretty depressingly bad for the hype it got.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JoelTGM
    @KaosAngel said:

" ...so I just wasted 60 bucks I take it?  I've been working on school work due to our law projects so I haven't had much time to play it...damn, I was gonna pick up L4D2 or BC2 (PC) instead of this.  "

woah there don't just assume what they said is fact and you just wasted your money.  I don't know what they're talking about.  Go play it and have fun, it's amazing.
    Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shinryu
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " @KaosAngel said:

woah there don't just assume what they said is fact and you just wasted your money.  I don't know what they're talking about.  Go play it and have fun, it's amazing. "

I've played through over 10 hours of gameplay and let me give you an objective overview as to why not only is this game a massive letdown but why it's only marginally better than Dante's Inferno and why it could EVEN be argued that Dante's Inferno is superior.

- The graphics in GoW 3 are GORGEOUS it is a brilliant looking game and blows Dante's Inferno away

- Gameplay mechanics are tedious and will lose their wow factor within an hour of play, the AI is incredibly dumb and you will mow through enemies quicker than a Dynasty Warriors game. 

- The Story is Pathetic, absolutely abysmal. In this aspect Dante's Inferno is superior.

- The UI and upgrade mechanism in this game are flat out lazy and are in stark contrast quality wise to the visual splender of the game and as such drag down the actual gameplay and progression enjoyment immensly. As for Dante's Inferno, it's upgrading mechanism is much more interesting and while it may not have the depth at least implements it in a use friendly and effective manner that ties in with the story.

And thats just off the top of my head. Seriously this game was being hyped to be GoTy and really...it's nowhere even close to being game of the month, nevermind year.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Jeust

Awesome! And i don't even like God of War!

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By ZenaxPure

That video was pretty amazing, sounds like the game is pretty short though, while not surprising I can't bring myself to get something that short for $60.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mike
    @Shinryu said:

I've played through over 10 hours of gameplay and let me give you an objective overview as to why not only is this game a massive letdown but why it's only marginally better than Dante's Inferno and why it could EVEN be argued that Dante's Inferno is superior.

- The graphics in GoW 3 are GORGEOUS it is a brilliant looking game and blows Dante's Inferno away

- Gameplay mechanics are tedious and will lose their wow factor within an hour of play, the AI is incredibly dumb and you will mow through enemies quicker than a Dynasty Warriors game. 

- The Story is Pathetic, absolutely abysmal. In this aspect Dante's Inferno is superior.

- The UI and upgrade mechanism in this game are flat out lazy and are in stark contrast quality wise to the visual splender of the game and as such drag down the actual gameplay and progression enjoyment immensly. As for Dante's Inferno, it's upgrading mechanism is much more interesting and while it may not have the depth at least implements it in a use friendly and effective manner that ties in with the story.

And thats just off the top of my head. Seriously this game was being hyped to be GoTy and really...it's nowhere even close to being game of the month, nevermind year.

"
    Very well said - I think GoW 3 is worth playing through once just to look at the graphics, other than that...eh. 3.5/5. A rental, and probably more fun to watch someone play than to actually play it one's self.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeust
    @MB said:

"probably more fun to watch someone play than to actually play it one's self. "

That's what i think of God of War. It's more fun to watch than to play it. i bet a lot of fanboys will be crying over it though. 

@MB: Only 4.000 posts away eh?
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mike
    @Jeust: Yeah. I'm actually really disappointed that the game isn't more fun to play. Throughout the whole game I just kept wishing it felt more like Ninja Gaiden. Thankfully it wasn't too long though, because by about the 4th hour I was already wishing it was over. 

Not a bad game, just not great.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jeust
    @MB: i imagine. That was my experience with God of War 1. After that i've only taken the back seat with the GoW franchise. 
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zombie2011
    @MB: Yeah, as soon as i got to the garden area and the labyrinth i really wanted the game to end. I felt like i was in there forever just doing puzzles and fighting weak ass enemies. The games starts off so great, but i think after the boss fight were you get the gauntlets the game gets pretty boring. Also besides the Gauntlets i thought, all the other weapons were pretty much the same as the Chains of Exile. 

I do however want to go and beat the beginning again just because the way the First boss get killed is pretty epic.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By demontium
    @animateria said:
    " SPOILER!  Ending: Kratos kills everyone.     Well, just guessing the ending really. "
    Incorrect, true ending is Kratos has sex with Zeus.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By captain_clayman

this guy wins, dude 

i subscribed.  he needs to make more videos

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive

gow3 is amazing.  
    an amazing technical achievement as well. 

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RsistncE

I don't know what you're all talking about. This is one of the greatest games I've ever played. Easily up there with Uncharted 2 and MGS4 on the PS3.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @RsistncE said:
    " I don't know what you're all talking about. This is one of the greatest games I've ever played. Easily up there with Uncharted 2 and MGS4 on the PS3. "
    i agree. people hating on GOW3 pretty lame
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xyzygy

Hmm... I don't know if I want to rent this anymore. That puzzle area sounds retarded. 

How about characters? I absolutely HATE Kratos with a passion, he's such a bland character. They made him rely too much on being a "badass" than being an actual character. Is that any different in this game? 

Meh... I dunno. I might rent it, if it's not there I probably won't touch the game until some other time when there are no other games out.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By CoolDrMoney
    @Guy with Kratos Avatar said:
    " gow3 is amazing.  an amazing technical achievement as well.  "
    Wow!
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xyzygy
    @CoolDrMoney said:
    " @Guy with Kratos Avatar said:
    Wow! "
    LMAO. Who'da thunk, huh?
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @xyzygy said:
    " @CoolDrMoney said:
    " @Guy with Kratos Avatar said:
    Wow! "
    LMAO. Who'da thunk, huh? "
    I hear Crysis doesn't hold a candle to it either.  >_>
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By scarace360

dude gow 3 is super epic just get it any way you can steal rent buy anything. And that ending makes you think

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I haven't even hit play but you just know this guy is going to do a really excellent critical analysis of the game, just look at him he's got professionalism written all over...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.