Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

GBOC, GBC2 Activity Schedule

• 165 results
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By matthew

Time Management

• All times posted concerning the clan are marked as Pacific Coast Time - unless otherwise noted (example, UK time zone for practice)
    • I recommend using this website if there is any confusion. --------- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
    • If all else fails, log onto the clan in the game, go to the Events tab after you've gone into the clan, and all should be laid out there.

Practices!

We're going to start doing these.  4 per week.  I'd like to say that at least 1 attendance is mandatory, but I can't reach through the screen and force you to get on.

1 out of 4 practices mandatory attendance.

• Mondays at 5pm UK time
    • Tuesdays at 5pm West Coast time
    • Wednesdays at 9pm UK time
    • Thursdays at 8 West Coast time
    The practices will be clan only, and making a point at getting to know each others' play styles, which will make us all the more effective on the battlefield.
    We'll try to make a focus on playing on the maps that are upcoming in our matches.
    • [EXAMPLE] on mar 15, we're playing at Salamun Market, so our mar 12 practice will be there.

GBOC Officers:
    • (PSN)KaosAngel (GB)KaosAngel
    1. (MSN)princeofhosts@gmail.com
    2. (AIM)princeofhosts@gmail.com
    • (PSN)mary_effn_poppns (GB)Matthew
    1. (gmail)relief.matthew@gmail.com
    2. (skype)matthew.feiler
    • (PSN)bucketdeth (GB)bucketdeth
    1. (gmail)Bucketdeth@gmail.com
    • PSN)NinjaHunter (GB)NinjaHunter
    1. (gmail)kuno89@gmail.com
    • (PSN)PufferFiz (GB)PufferFiz

USERS MUST SHOW UP NO LATER THAN 25 MINUTES BEFORE THE START OF BATTLE.
    THIS IS CRUCIAL!  YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR OWN GAMES AND IN THE CLAN LOBBY BY THIS TIME.
    IF WE DO NOT SHOW UP ON TIME, WE FORFEIT THE MATCH AND OUR WAGED POINTS.

!OS! = Organized Shooters - Random clan users that GBOC met while playing online. 0-0-2/0-0-2
    $CAG = Cheap A$$ Gamer - casual cheapassgamer.com.  0-1-0/1-1-2
    CAG = Cheap A$$ Gamer - hardcore cheapassgamer.com 0-1-0/1-2-2
    -sF- = The Super Friends - 1up.com. 1-0-0/1-1-2
    HSG = Helghast Serious Business - IGN.com
    SWAG = System Wars Alpha Guard - gamespot.com 0-1-0/0-1-2

March:

1. Monday, March 9, 3:30pm, GBOC v !OS!- 3v3 Bodycount @ Radec Academy - result = draw.   VP standing at 100.
    2. Tuesday, March 10, 7:15pm, GBOC v !OS! - 6v6 Capture and Hold @ Helghan Industries - result = draw.  VP standing at 100.
    3. Saturday, March 14, 1:00pm, GBOC v SWAG 14v14 Warzone @ Radec Academy - result = loss. 1-6. VP standing at 90.
    4. Sunday, March 15, 12:45pm, GBOC v -sF- - 8v8 Warzone @ Salamun Market - result =  win.  6-1. VP standing at 100
    5. Wednesday, March 18, Time TBD, GBOC v HSG -                                 -----SCRATCHED-------
    6. Saturday, March 21, 6:00pm, GBOC v $CAG- 13v13 Warzone @ Tharsis Depot - result =  loss. 3-4. VP standing at 98
    7. Saturday, March 21, 7:00pm, GBOC v CAG - 13v13 Warzone @ Pyhrrus Rise - result = loss. 2-4. VP standing at 88                               
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Users are allowed to post after this, please delete your post after the match is over to maintain space if you can.  Thank you.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NinjaHunter

I'll be there for the 3/10 match.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

I got mad faith in the Officers, I have just as much for the Members.  I'm just worried about the game tomorrow, almost everything is on their terms.  I just have a feeling we're going to end up putting people in a trap.  I know we can win, we checked out their numbers...they seem like farmers.  Regardless, we'll win and you guys will tell me after it's over and I'll pass my Statistic 4 midterm.  :D

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

Updated the roster a bit.  Squad C has a strong chance of being xCJES and Bucket.  They're friends in real life and happen to be very strong.  CJ has a chance of not being able to play, so it might end up being Bucket and ArtofWar.

The GameSpot game is being worked out at the moment by the leader of GS and the Officers of Giant Bomb.  We want to make this as fair as possible.  There is a strong chance it will be a 16v16, so get ready.

The squad versus CAG is tentative for now. 

The game versus GameSpot, will determine this.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive

i think i might decline the invitation my current clan is ranked #60 and you clan only has like 90 valor. lot of members but zero success. 

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By matthew
    TwoOneFive said:
    "lot of members but zero success. "
    Lots of members, but zero matches.
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

are the times GMT or American?

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NinjaHunter

Do we have to play an engineer or assault? Those are just recommendations right?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

I gotta take exams now.  Good luck with today's game. 

WIN!

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By _Phara0h_

I have to commend every one for showing up on time thank all for playing.
    But that was over fast, and it was totally unorganized.
    We need:

• more practice
    • Organize squads better (classes prearranged )
    • A Game Plan
    • Make the coming game longer and more rounds (it's really anti climactic when it's over within 5 min)

I have to be honest I was not on my game I messed up some class choices.
    Tomorrow I'll start hosting some games that we can practice the upcoming match against CAG.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By artofwar420

Yeah, and that whole "GAME DRAW" before we even start the game issue has to be explained. What time you'll be on?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
    THAfara0 said:
    "Matthew/Kaos did this happen with the first game?"
    I'm not going to lie...I didn't know about the first game until I woke up yesterday.  I can't comment on that one.

As for today's I'm not upset...nor should anyone else be.  It was a draw, and we're staying at 100VP.  Which is a great thing.  We need practice and get the organization down. 

Can anyone tell me what went down?  Some pros/cons?  Etc...

Thanks.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good game guys, wish it wasn`t capture and hold, we didn`t win but they sure weren`t as good as there ranks and colors said.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaosAngel
    Bucketdeth said:
    "Good game guys, wish it wasn`t capture and hold, we didn`t win but they sure weren`t as good as there ranks and colors said."
    Matt and myself looked over their numbers and noticed that they're farmers.  What's bullshit is that THEY picked the type and map.  The guys at CAG and GS have been really supportive of trying to get both sides happy...these guys were, excuse my word, douches.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaosAngel
    tekmojo said:
    "They sent most of their dudes to rush the middle zone, maybe 1 to our side. Five minutes went by awfully fast. I didn't want to risk much by going to their side, so I pretty much tried to keep the middle node secured. Somehow they got to our side, or atleast disrupted the zone on our side of the map. It went three red for about 20 secs or so, and the damage was done. I think that's how it went down."
    At least we fought until the end.  We'll win GS and CAG...after this weekend, it'll be Torny-Frenzy and about 3 games a week.  So after this week of grinding practice, it'll be fun.
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By matthew

Dang, tried to watch a video of what we did.  I guess they don't post them . . .

I'm not on psn right now, but while we were waiting (ten minute dead time before the match starts) we did a real great job presenting ourselves. Kept it real quiet, no smack talking, very little talking actually.  I sent the rest of the members a small type of strategy beforehand.  Basically saying we're to focus on offense instead of a medic.  Die instead of waiting around for a medic to revive.  I was going to play as a tactician my first life, and head straight for the middle point.  Also suggested boost would be a good badge to keep around due to the rapid nature of the mission, and the map type.  Pretty much what the messege said.

Immediatley when we spawned, I verbally said that not many people needed to go for the point nearest our base.  Basically make a rush for the middle point, as thats where the game is going to be made.  received affirmatives.  So I dropped a point  on the 1st floor of the middle point building.  everything was going pretty normally until about 2 minutes left.  We left our backside open, they came in and captured the point near our base, and that pretty much sealed it.  I had it in my mind that one squad should stay back and hold that point, but I didn't verbalize it.  They 'won' by capturing the territories, not due to time or the meter win. 

Basically a poorly done job at setting up the strategy by myself.  I forget who, but a couple of the members set up a game before hand, and were intending to all get on the side we were playing as (ISA) and just do a walkthrough.  Great idea, but time just got away from us.  But we were all there and ready when the game opened, and that was the really good thing I'm taking away from the battle.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By artofwar420

And also FIVE MINUTES! That's super short and the results reflect more luck rather than skill (correct me if you disagree). But, we do need practice to work well together.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By meptron

Unfortunately i couldn't show up for the first two, and can't for the third one either. Hopefully I can join in the next time. IMO, the key for success is just for us to play together a lot outside of matches. Preferable a mix of clan only games and games with outsiders. We just need to work well as a team and get to know each other's play styles better. Maybe this is just stating the obvious?

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NinjaHunter

Yeah at the beginning of the match I was going to watch our control point but I saw two guys already there and decided to go and help with the middle one. I should of just went with my instinct and stayed back with the other guys, if anything we would of been able to hold them off a little longer with a third man.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By matthew

Alright, so I'm totally down for this Saturdays match.  And down for some walkthrough/strategy before hand, like we almost did with yesterday's match.
    Let's make this one for real!

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Hokay so what time's it happening GMT-wise? I have no idea about time differences.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By samcotts
    Oriental_Jams said:
    "Hokay so what time's it happening GMT-wise? I have no idea about time differences."
    You're English, right? These matches are being playing at 2 in the morning for us.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By get2sammyb
    samcotts said:
    "Oriental_Jams said:
    "Hokay so what time's it happening GMT-wise? I have no idea about time differences."
    You're English, right? These matches are being playing at 2 in the morning for us.
    "
    :(
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NinjaHunter
    Oriental_Jams said:
    They tell you the time in the game. That's why they ask what time zone are you in when you first start up online, the game changes the time to your time zone.
    Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Oriental_Jams
    get2sammyb said:
    "samcotts said:
    "Oriental_Jams said:
    "
    :("
    Good grief.  Well, I might be able to make that. 2am Sunday morning is a bit of a slog though.
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By samcotts
    THAfara0 said:
    "samcotts said:
    "Oriental_Jams said:
    "
    I was wondering how many EU clan members we have. Maybe even make the second clan a EU clan?"
    Not a bad idea. GiantBomb European Clan. Need to see how many European members we have first.
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By matthew

Yea, sorry about that guys, but this whole worldwide thing actually does have drawbacks, if you can believe it.
    If we played right around now, that would narrow us down in the states, as the majority of people are out of school (for the HS ones) or still at work (for the not HS ones).  It would be a decent time for the Europe area, as it's just before bed (UK is at 2238), and maybe a tiny bit early for the Japanese (0738)...

Oh, and FoxClocks is an awesome thing to have at the bottom of the browser!

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By artofwar420

I think we should agree on practice times.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By matthew

artofwar420 said:

"I think we should agree on practice times."
    Times have been posted.  Just check the first entry in the thread.
    If these don't work out, we'll be flexible and adapt.
    • 1st practice Thursday, March 12, 8pm West Coast time

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By matthew

Yea, we figured we might as well start paying attention to the fact that the majority of the clan members are either in the states or in europe. 
    Well, at least those time areas.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KaosAngel

Ladies and gentlemen,

We are playing...and I speak the truth:

GameSpot, CheapAssGamer (twice), and 1UP day after day.  Starting Saturday afternoon west coast time, the party begins with playing CAG TWICE.  Next up is the game everyone's been dying to play.  GameSpot!  Finally we finish the clan battle explosion party with the good Super Friends at 1UP. 

Space is limited...so don't all jump in at once.  :)

shambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shambles

hey guys is it possible for me to join the giant bomb clan.. i normally dont like joining clans but i wanna rep my favourite video game site...

i've logged about 50+ hours online ..  so im no slouch.. and pretty familiar with all the maps.. specially the market... got a mic.. and all classes available..

lemme know if u guys need some more help...  GB represent...

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By PufferFiz
    shambles said:
    "hey guys is it possible for me to join the giant bomb clan.. i normally dont like joining clans but i wanna rep my favourite video game site...i've logged about 50+ hours online ..  so im no slouch.. and pretty familiar with all the maps.. specially the market... got a mic.. and all classes available..lemme know if u guys need some more help...  GB represent..."
    yes you can , go and post your psn on the official topic and One of us will add you, this topic is more for clan matches and such.

can't wait, Got to train more!
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KaosAngel

Puffer you better be in for half the games this weekend...can't have an Officer miss out on the epic battle. 

System Wars vs Giant Bomb...damn, I can't wait!

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#36  Edited By meptron

We have practice right now, right? Where is everybody?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KaosAngel
    Meptron said:
    "We have practice right now, right? Where is everybody?"
    Working on it.  I'm at school until 5 p.m. so I won't be at tonight.  Matt and Puffer should be working on it.
    Avatar image for courageousgecko
    CourageousGecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CourageousGecko

I shall be there on saturday for both games, with bells on.  Ill bring some punch and pie for everyone!

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By matthew

I'll punch your pie for you!  Just make sure your headset's charged, revving, and ready to go.

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Canberra

i'll be there and i'll bring mah A game with me. FOR THE GLORY OF THE BOMB!
    I'm in the uk too so it'll be in my time zone, i'll be fresh as a daisy.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By PufferFiz

in the event thing says, System wars clan at 1pm(my time atleast). What is up with that? Didn't think we were fighting them yet,

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Canberra

me to. thought we were vs cag

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KaosAngel

The GameSpot game is in 30 minutes.   We need people ASAP!

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NinjaHunter

yeah, the match against system wars is at 3 central, 4 eastern, 1 pacific, today.

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Canberra

im there

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KaosAngel

We need seven more people.  Just sign on Killzone 2 and go under clan and then events!  We can't embarrasses ourselves infront of GameSpot!

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NinjaHunter

We need like 5 or 6 more people!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By KaosAngel

Ninja is right, dude we need people ASAP!

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Canberra

my pride...
    :(
    lol
    good game, they were worthy opponents.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KaosAngel

So I guess all of us know what it's like being beating the crap out of.  Post-Analysis coming up from all Officers.

We can't let this shit happen again.

For Giant Bomb:  1-6 (Lost), We were chickens with our heads cut off...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.