Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Are you buying L.A. Noire for the 360 or PS3 ?

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By Loki9876

I have a ps3 and a 360
    but i'm going to buy it on 360 because i have lots of free space on my 360 on my ps3 not so much

astonish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#152  Edited By astonish

360. Achievements and I personally found I liked the look of the 360 red dead better (not attempting a ps3 vs xbox flame war, just my personal taste)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d99c8cd85096
    deactivated-5d99c8cd85096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

360. I own both systems but I'm going with the 360 version because of achievements, the fact that XBL is up so I can compare progress with friends, and because I normally buy multiplats for 360. The fact that some of you guys actually would try to justify complaining about having to change a disc twice throughout a 40 hour game is ridiculous.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154  Edited By benjaebe

I find it really interesting that people keep saying they're getting it on 360 because those versions of RDR and GTA4 looked better, despite the fact that LA Noire isn't running on the same engine because Team Bondi developed their own and the PS3 has always been the lead dev.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I have it pre-ordered and fully paid for. But I honestly don't know which platform I pre-ordered it on. So it'll be a surprise to me when I pick it up on Tuesday. I like surprises.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#156  Edited By sjschmidt93

Disc swapping's a bitch, so PS3.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157  Edited By Rockdalf
    @benjaebe said:
    " I find it really interesting that people keep saying they're getting it on 360 because those versions of RDR and GTA4 looked better, despite the fact that LA Noire isn't running on the same engine because Team Bondi developed their own and the PS3 has always been the lead dev. "
    Dude, let me start this off by saying I am completely sympathetic to what you're saying.  I don't understand the ignorance that causes anal-retentive people to fester over which version will be minutely better, especially considering the evidence they're using is based on faulty misunderstanding.

But that has to be the most blatant example of a run on sentence I've ever seen.  I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Strife777

PS3
    -I always buy on PS3 when it's on both platforms.
    -PS3 was the lead development platform.
    -Exclusive content.
    -Only one disc.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By haggis

Xbox 360, because I'm aggravated with Sony at the moment. People have an issue with disc swapping, still? Because in the course of a forty-hour + game, you'll have to waste two minutes switching discs? Whatever. That's still probably less time than even the relatively small mandatory install the PS3 version will require.

I'm interested in seeing if there are any significant differences between the two versions. I doubt it. In which case the choice between consoles comes down to DLC content (which I doubt is all that spectacular), and console preference. Differences between console versions have been hyped before, and they've always turned out to be insignificant.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By benjaebe
    @Rockdalf: I couldn't stop myself, it was a sentence of passion.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Rockdalf
    @haggis said:
    " Xbox 360, because I'm aggravated with Sony at the moment. People have an issue with disc swapping, still? Because in the course of a forty-hour + game, you'll have to waste two minutes switching discs? Whatever. That's still probably less time than even the relatively small mandatory install the PS3 version will require.I'm interested in seeing if there are any significant differences between the two versions. I doubt it. In which case the choice between consoles comes down to DLC content (which I doubt is all that spectacular), and console preference. Differences between console versions have been hyped before, and they've always turned out to be insignificant. "
    I don't see what all the hate is on people disliking disc changes.

You know what people don't like?  Loading screens.   You know what people don't like more?  Disc swaps.  They're basically load screens, but you have to do it manually.

Is that really so hard to understand?
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @haggis said:
    " Xbox 360, because I'm aggravated with Sony at the moment. People have an issue with disc swapping, still? Because in the course of a forty-hour + game, you'll have to waste two minutes switching discs? Whatever. That's still probably less time than even the relatively small mandatory install the PS3 version will require.I'm interested in seeing if there are any significant differences between the two versions. I doubt it. In which case the choice between consoles comes down to DLC content (which I doubt is all that spectacular), and console preference. Differences between console versions have been hyped before, and they've always turned out to be insignificant. "

You know what people don't like?  Loading screens.   You know what people don't like more?  Disc swaps.  They're basically load screens, but you have to do it manually.

"
    Agreed. Plus, a lot of people like to install their games on their 360 so it runs better and the disk drive isn't running the entire time. And I for one don't have 25gb of free space just to devote to one game on my 360, which is why I may choose the PS3 over the 360.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Afroman269
    @PrivateIronTFU said:
    " @Rockdalf said:
    " @haggis said:

"
    Agreed. Plus, a lot of people like to install their games on their 360 so it runs better and the disk drive isn't running the entire time. And I for one don't have 25gb of free space just to devote to one game on my 360, which is why I may choose the PS3 over the 360. "
    I'm simply going to PS3 for convenience which people are shooting down for some reason. I don't know what bothers me more, people who are blowing the multiple disc issue out of proportions, or the people who think they are some kind of athlete for swapping a damn disc.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#164  Edited By Kyreo
    @Cold_Wolven said:
    " PS3, I'd rather one disc instead of three. "
    Yeah... I feel the same way.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By fjordson

I've been wavering a bit, but I'm finally locked in on 360. I need 'dem cheevos. And I don't like the DS3.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By BonOrbitz
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @benjaebe said:
    " I find it really interesting that people keep saying they're getting it on 360 because those versions of RDR and GTA4 looked better, despite the fact that LA Noire isn't running on the same engine because Team Bondi developed their own and the PS3 has always been the lead dev. "
    Dude, let me start this off by saying I am completely sympathetic to what you're saying.  I don't understand the ignorance that causes anal-retentive people to fester over which version will be minutely better, especially considering the evidence they're using is based on faulty misunderstanding.

But that has to be the most blatant example of a run on sentence I've ever seen.  I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    "
    Considering I'm plunking down $60 of my hard-earned cash, I don't think it's "anal-retentive" that I'm going to want whichever version is better, regardless of the minutia. And what's this misunderstood evidence you mention that would lead someone to want the 360 version?
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @Afroman269: It's all kind of annoying.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By benjaebe
    @bonorbitz: A lot of people cite GTA IV and RDR as examples of why they're getting the 360 version, namely that those games were better on 360. However, that has no impact on LA Noire because Team Bondi isn't using the RAGE engine, they're using an engine they developed themselves originally for the PS3 and ported to 360. So yeah, people don't seem to understand that.
    LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#169  Edited By LegalBagel

PS3.  Generally any games developed originally for one system I go with that system.  The three-disc v. one disc thing and PS3 extras are nice bonuses.

But really I'd be worried given the development and multiple discs that there could be compression issues similar to FF13 with all the crap they're jamming into it.  I wouldn't guarantee it, but PS3 seems to be the safer bet based on history.
    BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By BonOrbitz
    @benjaebe said:
    " @bonorbitz: A lot of people cite GTA IV and RDR as examples of why they're getting the 360 version, namely that those games were better on 360. However, that has no impact on LA Noire because Team Bondi isn't using the RAGE engine, they're using an engine they developed themselves originally for the PS3 and ported to 360. So yeah, people don't seem to understand that. "
    I see. I was one of those people at first, to be honest. I looked around the net and read up on that GTA4 and RDR did run smoother on the 360, but that's before I found out about the whole Team Bondi/new engine thing. I also didn't realize that Noire was a PS3 exclusive at first because I didn't start following the game until recently.  So, after doing some digging I ended up flipping my pre-order from 360 to PS3.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Rockdalf
    @bonorbitz said:
    " @benjaebe said:
    " @bonorbitz: A lot of people cite GTA IV and RDR as examples of why they're getting the 360 version, namely that those games were better on 360. However, that has no impact on LA Noire because Team Bondi isn't using the RAGE engine, they're using an engine they developed themselves originally for the PS3 and ported to 360. So yeah, people don't seem to understand that. "
    I see. I was one of those people at first, to be honest. I looked around the net and read up on that GTA4 and RDR did run smoother on the 360, but that's before I found out about the whole Team Bondi/new engine thing. I also didn't realize that Noire was a PS3 exclusive at first because I didn't start following the game until recently.  So, after doing some digging I ended up flipping my pre-order from 360 to PS3. "
    Are our panties dewadded now?
    BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By BonOrbitz
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @bonorbitz said:
    " @benjaebe said:
    I see. I was one of those people at first, to be honest. I looked around the net and read up on that GTA4 and RDR did run smoother on the 360, but that's before I found out about the whole Team Bondi/new engine thing. I also didn't realize that Noire was a PS3 exclusive at first because I didn't start following the game until recently.  So, after doing some digging I ended up flipping my pre-order from 360 to PS3. "
    Are our panties dewadded now? "
    Yup. And all the sweat has been wrung out... Don't tell my fiance.
    Xero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Xero0

i have both consoles, but i pick the ps3.

although they're nice perks, i didn't pick ps3 because of 1 disk or extra things that i'll probably neglect.

i just prefer keeping all multiplat on the ps3 while the 360 gets the exclusive games.

Hylan333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Hylan333

oh well, have to take >1min out of my time to change a disk.
    I dont have a PS3 (yet), but the disk changing thing to me doesnt seem like a valid reason not to buy it for another system

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#175  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Xero0 said:
    " i have both consoles, but i pick the ps3.although they're nice perks, i didn't pick ps3 because of 1 disk or extra things that i'll probably neglect.i just prefer keeping all multiplat on the ps3 while the 360 gets the exclusive games. "
    but why is that? i'm on the PS3 side of consoles, but it's common knowledge that multiplatform games always run better on the X360
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By haggis
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @haggis said:

"
    You say that people dislike disc swaps more than loading screens as if it were true for everyone: but it's clearly not true for everyone, or there wouldn't be any disagreement. I don't hate people for disliking disc changes, I just think that in the grand scheme of things, the difference in time between a pre-load installation sequence and a disc swap is negligible. So yes, I do have a hard time understanding why it's a big deal to people. A big enough deal that it affects their purchase. It's your choice of course, but I still think it's silly.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#177  Edited By CL60

I'm unsure what I should get it on at this point. It's actually the only time I've been trying to figure out which console to get a multiplatform game on. Usually I go for 360 because I'm an achievement whore, but I'm not so sure with LA Noire. :'(

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By phish09

I've got the 360 version pre-ordered, but I can switch it up on release day if I so choose.  I want to read some reviews before I pick it up just to see if any game has any technical issues or vastly superior graphical fidelty, which I'm sure isn't the case, but you never know.  All things being equal I'll probably get the 360 version as I prefer the controller and I'd rather collect the achievements than trophies, but I can be swayed over to the PS3 version very easily with just one or two negative reviews of the 360 version.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By DAFTPUNK
    @CL60: be a trophy whore instead
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#180  Edited By N7
    @CL60 said:
    " I'm unsure what I should get it on at this point. It's actually the only time I've been trying to figure out which console to get a multiplatform game on. Usually I go for 360 because I'm an achievement whore, but I'm not so sure with LA Noire. :'( "
    Get it for what you know, bro.

I would only buy games for the PS3, and at this point, it would never change. So the choice is obvious for me. If I had a 'box, I'm sure that wouldn't even be a factor. And vice versa. It's about what you know, it's about what you feel.

What do you feel?
    JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#181  Edited By JTB123

PS3, for a number of reasons already listed and I want the PS3 section on my shelf to be a little bigger, makes me look like a total fanboy even though I'm not.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By CL60
    @N7 said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " I'm unsure what I should get it on at this point. It's actually the only time I've been trying to figure out which console to get a multiplatform game on. Usually I go for 360 because I'm an achievement whore, but I'm not so sure with LA Noire. :'( "
    Get it for what you know, bro.

I would only buy games for the PS3, and at this point, it would never change. So the choice is obvious for me. If I had a 'box, I'm sure that wouldn't even be a factor. And vice versa. It's about what you know, it's about what you feel.

What do you feel? "
    I don't know what I feel. The only multiplatform game I've bought on PS3 was Final Fantasy 13, and if LA Noire is another situation like that(Lag in some areas and incredibly compressed cutscenes), then the choice will be easy. But I'm trading in games for a trade in deal to get it, so I wont really be able to wait for in depth comparisons.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Rockdalf
    @haggis said:
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @haggis said:

"
    You say that people dislike disc swaps more than loading screens as if it were true for everyone: but it's clearly not true for everyone, or there wouldn't be any disagreement. I don't hate people for disliking disc changes, I just think that in the grand scheme of things, the difference in time between a pre-load installation sequence and a disc swap is negligible. So yes, I do have a hard time understanding why it's a big deal to people. A big enough deal that it affects their purchase. It's your choice of course, but I still think it's silly.
    So you'd rather interrupt game play twice to get up and switch discs than let your PS3 install the game once before you start playing.  That's not even taking into consideration that you SHOULD install your games on the Xbox 360 if you value it.  I agree that it is a minute point, but if we know no difference between the two other than one occupies three dvds and the other occupies one blu-ray, I as a neutral consumer will take the one that requires less work.

Besides, my point wasn't even a comparison of the pre-install time to disc swap time.  Besides, in which situation would you not install the game on your 360?   Maybe if you were renting it, I could see your point.  I was just trying to logically explain why some people don't like to manually load their game data, instead of playing seamlessly.  What is beyond my comprehension is why that seems unreasonable when I make my purchase decision.

Regardless, I won't be flopping my pre-order six times and rolling in bed at night worried I'd chosen wrongly.  If PS3's version turns out the inferior version (which no evidence suggests one way or the either), who cares, I'll still play and enjoy the experience as any sane person would.
    defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By defaulttag

PS3, don't have a 360. would prefer to have a PC version though. I'm still holding out for RDR on PC.  Looks unlikely though =/

Vigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Vigil

360, for the simple fact that I have no choice.

Avatar image for christiancastillo
    ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360 because I can

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By EquitasInvictus

As much as I love the 360, I'm going for the PS3 on this one. I only recently purchased one and would finally like to enjoy the convenience of it being able to play single bluray discs. 

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By kermoosh

xbox 360, apparently everyone is rich and has both systems

plus i really dont care about the disc swap

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By fugie7

getting it for the 360

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By fishmicmuffin

Getting it on the 360 because I do not own a PS3. If I did own both, however, then I would definitely go for the PS3.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Evilsbane
    @zombie2011: Dude what else are they gonna talk about, don't try to understand them, If you stare into the abyss to long it might stare back!
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By haggis
    @Rockdalf said:
    So you'd rather interrupt game play twice to get up and switch discs than let your PS3 install the game once before you start playing.  That's not even taking into consideration that you SHOULD install your games on the Xbox 360 if you value it.  I agree that it is a minute point, but if we know no difference between the two other than one occupies three dvds and the other occupies one blu-ray, I as a neutral consumer will take the one that requires less work.

Besides, my point wasn't even a comparison of the pre-install time to disc swap time.  Besides, in which situation would you not install the game on your 360?   Maybe if you were renting it, I could see your point.  I was just trying to logically explain why some people don't like to manually load their game data, instead of playing seamlessly.  What is beyond my comprehension is why that seems unreasonable when I make my purchase decision.

Regardless, I won't be flopping my pre-order six times and rolling in bed at night worried I'd chosen wrongly.  If PS3's version turns out the inferior version (which no evidence suggests one way or the either), who cares, I'll still play and enjoy the experience as any sane person would.
    So, I install disc one on the xbox, then I only have to change discs once. So, yes, I'd rather change discs than sit for a half hour for an install when I just want to play the game. Usually what I do is stick the game in and play, then when I'm done install it to the hard drive. I can't do that with the PS3 usually. I understand that this is a matter of preference, but there is always some amount of waiting involved, and the difference in time is negligible. Which is why I don't think the multiple discs are really a huge issue. I'm not trying to convince you, I'm just giving my opinion. Calling disc-switching "work" is crazy. I timed it this morning playing ME2. Fifteen seconds. And I didn't even rush. It's not work, in my opinion. It's not even an inconvenience. Given that there are other differences between the two version and not just the multiple-disc issue, yes, I think it's silly to even consider it. That you think the difference is a "minute point" is actually the point I've been trying to make. Compared to the other differences ... it doesn't matter. Which is why I find it strange that people even bother considering it, which a lot of people do.

What situation would you not install the game on the 360? When you're playing more than one game. The hard drive on my 360 isn't large enough for more than one install at a time, so at any given moment I'm playing three or four games, in two or three of those instances, I'm not playing from an installed copy. So, most of the time. I never said it was unreasonable, I just said that the difference between multiple discs and a single disc is not very much. If that miniscule amount of time means a lot to you, that's fine. I just think that it's too small to make a difference either way.
    briansanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By briansanderson

I am going to get it on the ps3.  The only thing that kinda bugs me is I won't be able to redeem the code for the pre-order stuff since psn is still down.  Maybe it will be up by Tuesday (what am I thinking?) no way that is happening.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @briansanderson said:
    The only thing that kinda bugs me is I won't be able to redeem the code for the pre-order stuff since psn is still down.
    Aw, fuck. That didn't even come to my mind.
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By fenixrevolution

PS3,

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By shadows_kill

PS3

It has exclusive mission, lead platform, and plus I don't have a 360 (however for this game it would still be PS3). However this game will be on the wait list til I get and finish up SOCOM, Portal, and Mortal Kombat.
    SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

PS3. I love Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 on the 360, but the disc swapping can get a bit annoying. It's also the lead platform and it comes with an exclusive mission. Easy choice.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By ShaneDev

PS3 for the one disk but I have only one controller for my PS3 and I hate anyone using it other than me but I am going to have to deal with it.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Agent47
    @Manhattan_Project: Pretty much what he said a 5 second disc swap doesn't kill me, I just like that there are more discs which means they didn't skimp out on content.
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Agent47
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Jaja I love the 3rd option, because idiots come in here for just that reason some times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.