Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

All PC Versions of ME3 Require Origin

• 157 results
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By amir90

"Playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer will require a constant connection."

wait wut?

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#152  Edited By CosmicQueso

I like Origin. There, I said it.

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By aspaceinvader

Don't care about this. As long as the game works and I am able to play it that is all that matters.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#154  Edited By Kidavenger

Worth reading:

Speaking of Mass Effect, I see that you're going to make Origin mandatory for all Mass Effect 3 players. This is a pretty cynical move. Your fans have been building their Mass Effect library on Steam, and now the final title of the set will only be available on a platform that didn't exist when the series began. In effect, you're punishing your biggest fans.

If you were actually thinking of your customers (and if you were smart like Valve) then you would give free copies of Mass Effect 1 & 2 on Origin to people who already have copies through Steam. Or maybe free copies for people who have valid hard copies. Whatever. Something. They already own the game, just give them some kind of reason to feel invested in Origin. Remember, establishing Origin should take priority over the profit margins on five year old games. Get your priorities right. This is your future.

EA, you were late to the market, you're short on features, your prices are way too high, your privacy policy is offensive, and your only plan is to strong-arm fans into signing up instead of trying to lure them with deals and giveaways. You've been one of the big dogs for over a decade now. But with Origin, you are the little guy, and you are up against people who saw this future coming before John Riccitiello ever got near the CEO chair.

You need to start fighting like the underdog. Because you are.

Full article

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#155  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I had no problems with Origin on BF3, so not a big deal

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#156  Edited By AgentJ

@mitter: I assume you're talking about the keyboard thing. While I don't think it's been officially announced, it's being done for more and more games, like Counter Strike later this year.

RichMeisterMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By RichMeisterMan

@Pinworm45: Meh, I don't think Steam is greedy for wanting a cut of the profit from DLC that is for games bought on their service. Especially considering the clout that Steam has as a game distributor. The solution is simple though; Steam doesn't host their games.

Steam is the good guy though because their service is streamlined, they don't use an asinine point system. It's just buy it, download it, play it. As opposed to EA where you have to covert cash to points, points to DLC, download it, install it, and then play it. And while in the middle of the transaction process you can be hit with some kind of hiccup. I've been hit with numerous issues that prevent me from getting the product when buying DLC from EA and I've never had one with Steam. I am one person though, and recognize that I am not a reflection of the masses, but i wouldn't be surprised if other people have had similar experiences.

Also, Steam has sales on DLC and games WAY more often than other retailers and digital distributors, and DLC is included. EA might have an annual sale on the DLC that everyone already owns.

With that said though I'll be buying ME3 on origin and I will enjoy the shit out of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.