Overview and new additions to Overwatch 2
- The progression of a player, achievements, records & cosmetics, will be carried forward to Overwatch 2.
- The original Overwatch & Overwatch 2 players will fight together in PvP.
- All Overwatch 2 maps & heroes will release for both games.
With Overwatch 2 Blizzard aims to bring what many players have asked for in Overwatch. The story takes place a few years after the Recall cinematic in which Winston initiates a recall for Overwatch.
- Play together with friends to finish story missions.
- Every mission will have an intro cinematic and an outtro cinematic.
- Every mission will tell a specific story with predefined heroes, so not all characters will be playable during a mission.
Hero Missions are short randomized missions you can do with your friends to level up your heroes and earn powerful customizations.
In Overwatch 2 PvE players will be able to level up their heroes to be able to choose different talents to better help their PvE progression.
- Echo (not confirmed, but shown in cinematic)
- Toronto, Canada
- Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Gothenburg, Sweden
- Push - Each team fight to see who can push a robot the furthest on a symmetrical map.