Joseph Turok, a member of Whiskey Company, is on a deadly mission to capture Roland Kane. Kane is the legendary leader of the brutal black ops team, Wolf Pack, and your former mentor. As Whiskey Company's ship approaches the mysterious planet that Kane is on, it is blasted out of the sky by Kane's troops. Your mission has just become more complicated. You no longer need to capture Kane while fighting off the Mendel-Gruman Corporations troopers that fight for him, but you also need to survive.
Turok is a first person shooter with some third person elements. When context sensitive button presses are done, for actions like prying open a door or fighting off a dinosaur, the camera zooms out and shows Turok doing the action. The weapons in Turok are somewhat unconventional also. Turok's time as a member of Wolf Pack gave him extensive training in using a knife and bow and arrow. The medium sized dinosaurs and all human enemies can be taken down with a brutal and vicious knife kill. These kills are also shown in the third person camera. The bow, along with the knife, is a silent weapon and both are always on Turok's person, there a large part of the game revolves around stealthily taking out groups of enemies. Many large firefights occur though and more heavy weaponry is needed. In those times Turok can use guns such as conventional SMG's and shotguns or the futuristic sticky bomb gun and pulse rifle. All wepons have an alternate fire that that is helpful in different situtations, for example the shotgun fires a flare that attracts dinosaurs.
All three versions of the game offer online multiplayer.
- Small/ Large Free for All: Fight agains 7 or 11 other players in Deathmatch
- Small/ Large Team Game: Play on teams of 4 or 6 and fight it out in Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flage, or War Games.
- Co-op: Play with three other squadmates and fight your way through three different missions.
PC System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows Vista / XP SP2
- 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 class or AMD Athlon 3400 or equivalent processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 18 GB uncompressed hard drive space
- 128 MB DirectX 9.0c-compatible, 3D video card (nVidia GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, excluding X1550)
- NOTE: Onboard (built-in) integrated chipsets are not supported (e.g., Intel on-board 8xx/9xx series chipsets, SiS and S3 series, ATI Mobility Radeion 7500 & X1300)
- 16-bit DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
- 8x DVD-ROM drive
- DirectX 9.0c (included)