Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 12, 2013

A first-person shooter set in the Alien universe. The player is part of a search-and-rescue team sent out to search for the missing USCM team last seen in Aliens.

Significant 4GB patch for A:CM, enemy AI, textures, etc.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=244511

I only played about 90 minutes of the game when it first came out (pre-ordered, like a moron in retrospect). This seems promising, probably going to play through now that they've seemingly patched back in some of what we were seeing in the preview demos last year.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So they made a new game then basically?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'd be interested in hearing how this turns out.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Maybe the game will now be "good enough" to warrant a purchase at 5$ later this year.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

So they made a new game then basically?

Not necessarily. It probably means the game installs a couple of very large files instead of a bunch of smaller files.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fixing the enemy AI is a step in the right direction, but things like textures and lighting won't really have any effect on the core problems of the game that its just really middling in most every way. :||||

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Torrim

I can handle games that aren't so great as long as they aren't a buggy mess. Since they've fixed some significant things I'll definitely try this. Someday. When it hits a very low price on a weekend Steam deal.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How did this patch turn out?

Avatar image for commander_crichton
    Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

I just bought the game for four dollars... I'm not sure if it was worth it or not, but I feel as someone that's a huge Alien/Aliens fan, I want to play it, and the price felt right now. This is old, so sorry for bumping it, as I know some people get annoyed by that, but I do want to know, how much did this fix? How much better is the game due to the fix? Also, there are some on here that said they'd try it when it got cheap enough, I wonder if they (or you if you're reading this and you're one that had already posted such a thing) have played it.

Edit - Alright, I finished it. It took eight hours. Yeah, it's not a good game. I thought that from the get-go, but it got worse going through it, mainly starting when the games environments wouldn't load, so the game came to a halt more often than I'd like. The clipping was terrible, and animations for characters was terrible, then the story was just bad, with all questions and no answers. It makes me wonder why they'd even bother. The voice work for the most part wasn't bad (though Hick's was voiced lazily by Biehn), but a lot of the dialogue was bad. At first, it made me kind of enthusiastic that a game like it could be quite good actually. If everything looked, and worked way better than it did, and had a better story, then this game could have been good. This game made me want to take notes as to the cons the game had. I would be pretty annoyed if I bought it at full price, or even half that. Alien Isolation on the other hand, that's a great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.