Significant 4GB patch for A:CM, enemy AI, textures, etc.

#1 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2498 posts) -

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=244511

I only played about 90 minutes of the game when it first came out (pre-ordered, like a moron in retrospect). This seems promising, probably going to play through now that they've seemingly patched back in some of what we were seeing in the preview demos last year.

#2 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

So they made a new game then basically?

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (12089 posts) -

I'd be interested in hearing how this turns out.

#4 Posted by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

Maybe the game will now be "good enough" to warrant a purchase at 5$ later this year.

#6 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

So they made a new game then basically?

Not necessarily. It probably means the game installs a couple of very large files instead of a bunch of smaller files.

#7 Posted by CircleNine (381 posts) -

Fixing the enemy AI is a step in the right direction, but things like textures and lighting won't really have any effect on the core problems of the game that its just really middling in most every way. :||||

#8 Edited by Torrim (336 posts) -

I can handle games that aren't so great as long as they aren't a buggy mess. Since they've fixed some significant things I'll definitely try this. Someday. When it hits a very low price on a weekend Steam deal.

#9 Posted by Carryboy (717 posts) -

How did this patch turn out?

#10 Posted by Commander_Crichton (157 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.