Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

APB Reloaded

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Better known as the free-to-play "APB: Reloaded", APB is a MMO third-person shooter by the developers of Crackdown. Players choose between the hard-boiled law enforcers or the feared criminals as they try to stop the opposing faction's objectives.

All Points Bulletin can read me my rights

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ

I don't think there has ever been a PC game that has excited me more than APB. Every video I see for the game makes me more and more excited for its release.  

The nail in the coffin on whether or not I was going to buy this game came at PAX, where I watched a video of the game in a room at the EA booth where I got to watch Mark Rein play the game with a Realtime Worlds staffer.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

So it's like GTA mulitplayer huh? It kinda reminds me of Crimecraft but good.

Driving looks fun alright.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#3  Edited By vigorousjammer

Yeah, it definitely gives off that Crimecraft feel, except done RIGHT.

With, yaknow, good controls...
    and combat in the world not in small 16 vs. 16 instances!
    and being able to drive cars, dammit!!

The developers of APB worked on Crackdown before working on this, and if anybody played the co-op in that game, it was pretty fucking awesome... and the servers were really solid no lag whatsoever.

If they can take what they learned from Crackdown's co-op componant and apply it to the online in APB then we've got ourselves a kickass lag-free game here.

and with stuff like MAG coming out with 256 players, the technology is definitely there for a large-scale shooter/ action game.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

Crackdown's coop was buggy as hell and very laggy even with local friends.

Like I said in the other thread, their challenge will be differentiating between this and GTA4's MP.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ever since they showed the character creator off I've been looking forward to this game. Sadly they've now mentioned that it'll be PC only unless something crazy happens, and I just can't see me installing windows on my mac. ever.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

This looks amazing. I remember hearing about it but haven't seen anything before this in a while. I'm thinkin we form a Giant Bomb "crew" this Spring.   :P

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

Character creator looks superb, there's a brilliant video on gametrailers where they show it off to Paul Barnett and it does look superb.

Gameplay still looks 'meh' to me. Driving around crashing cars, running dudes over and shooting is fun. But if that is all you do on a regular basis it'll become stale. What I hope is for a sense of persistence within the game world, a sense that if I drive a lorry full of my friends into the front of a bank, I can then try to rob the bank with my friends and find our actions have left a remaining mark on the area.

Sort of on the fence about the game. It looks to have a lot of potential, I'm just not seeing much use of it at the moment.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By c1337us

It looks good but everytime I see it, it fails to get me excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.