Assassin Recruiting

#1 Posted by gaminghooligan (1448 posts) -

The game keeps telling me I can recruit a new Assassin then it tells me to hold LB and hit X to go to the Assassin Menu, where do I go from here? I'm sure I'm just missing it but it seems like all I can do is send the fellow from Canada on missions.

#2 Posted by deskp (448 posts) -

go to your map, hit up to select the templar/assassin war thing, and you'll see all the icons that relates to the recruits.

"Liberation contact/contract" is where you want to go.

Only works in boston/new york.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@deskp: Do you know how to remove heavy weapons from my guy as in not haveing them on my guy at all ?

#4 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

The assassins guild stuff is really poorly explained in this game. It wouldn't be a problem if it was a carbon copy of the system in Brotherhood or Revelations, but it isn't, so they really should have put in a new tutorial for it

#5 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I wonder if they can do a patch to fix this damn menu setup. That's my biggest problem with this game. I loved the old Assassin's Guild. It was so easy to do and I loved doing it

#6 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

How do i recruit new assassins? I feel like the game didnt explain that at all.

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Joeybagad0nutz
How do i recruit new assassins? I feel like the game didnt explain that at all.
It doesn't. You have to liberate areas. Then do a mission.
#8 Posted by gaminghooligan (1448 posts) -

Turns out my game had a bug where even though my control of an area was at 100% there was no way to interact with the quest givers in the pubs, so I played the whole game with Chapeau as my only assassin lol

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19353 posts) -

@gaminghooligan said:

Turns out my game had a bug where even though my control of an area was at 100% there was no way to interact with the quest givers in the pubs, so I played the whole game with Chapeau as my only assassin lol

FUCK. I think I'm experiencing the same bug. Glorious. How the hell could they screw something like this up? Assassin recruiting was one of my favorite aspects of Brotherhood and Revelations.

Ugh, this game's single player is starting to become an unenjoyable experience.

#10 Posted by laserbolts (5323 posts) -

I have icons on my map saying liberation contract or whatever but when I go there all I do is speak to a guy and nothing happens.

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19353 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

I have icons on my map saying liberation contract or whatever but when I go there all I do is speak to a guy and nothing happens.

Yeah, for all of the pointless tutorials this game has, it's amazing that the convoluted recruitment system is practically not explained.

Here's a helpful NeoGAF post explaining how it works.

#12 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

@Z3RO180: You can't. But if you buy a sword it will replace it as they share the same slot.

#13 Posted by TheMasterDS (2073 posts) -

I liked that section of the game. It wasn't self explanatory and I sort of had to stumble into it doing the liberation contracts randomly but once I realized "Doing liberation contracts followed by a liberation mission gets you more dudes" I was into it. It reminds me of AC1's structure actually. You do a bunch of missions, 3 of each kind (thought this time there are some kinds exclusive to one or two regions in the game) and then a mission which ends when you kill a dude and get away. Plus each time you get a new ability which uses fellow assassins which is a really neat way to extend the recruits system.

It works really well once you figure it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.