Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

My Assassin's Creed 3 Journal

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Edited By Nate

I just got the PC version of Assassin's Creed III from Steam as it released yesterday. I'm a few hours in now and I've decided to jot my thoughts and impressions down as I'm going through. SPOILERS will be found throughout.

- The theater sequence was really cool. It just looked gorgeous and did not seem like anything I've ever seen in an AC game before.

- Haytham's little romance - really!? One minute she says "I'm never going to trust you", the next she's in love and wanting to jump in his pants? I'm not buying it. Shoddy storytelling if you ask me. So, I guess I'll expect lots more narrative holes from now on.

- Hopping around on trees, hunting, and all that stuff was FUN. I'm excited for more of that.

- Multi-player not working. Aghh!!! I'm really frustrated. It seems to be working for some people, but it says "Ubisoft services are not available" every time I try.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Nate

I just got the PC version of Assassin's Creed III from Steam as it released yesterday. I'm a few hours in now and I've decided to jot my thoughts and impressions down as I'm going through. SPOILERS will be found throughout.

- The theater sequence was really cool. It just looked gorgeous and did not seem like anything I've ever seen in an AC game before.

- Haytham's little romance - really!? One minute she says "I'm never going to trust you", the next she's in love and wanting to jump in his pants? I'm not buying it. Shoddy storytelling if you ask me. So, I guess I'll expect lots more narrative holes from now on.

- Hopping around on trees, hunting, and all that stuff was FUN. I'm excited for more of that.

- Multi-player not working. Aghh!!! I'm really frustrated. It seems to be working for some people, but it says "Ubisoft services are not available" every time I try.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Nate said:

The time skips forward like 6 months. That's plenty of time to change your opinion of someone.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nate

I suppose. I didn't honestly notice the jump in time. Either way, that seems like a romance they could have developed and not just said: 6 months later . . . now they love each other! Arguably, they had to keep things moving here to finally get to the core game (it takes a while). So I suppose I would call it a story sacrifice in service of the gameplay, and maybe it was the right move. But it's always better when gameplay and story are both great and work well togethe. Games are capable of good stories, I'm just finding this one to be a little disjointed so far. Maybe it's overly ambitious? Anyway, I just got to the part where Connor gets his assassin clothes, so lots of time left to see where it goes. And I'm excited to see where it goes. Still loving the game, overall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.