Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Just picked up my copy!

• 86 results
    Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Qorious

Congrats dude! Currently trying to get the best bid on eBay for this game right now. If I can't, I'll just get it off of Amazon.com.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Pie
    @Jimbo: WHAT?! What website was that? are you English?
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By buzz_killington
    @demonbear:
    So you just printed the ad, and they said ok?
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jimbo
    @Pie said:
    " @Jimbo: WHAT?! What website was that? are you English? "
    Coolshop.  And yes I am.  I'm pretty pissed off that a UK retailer used the American spelling of favourite too.

Did the PC version come out in the US?
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Pie
    @Jimbo said:
    " @Pie said:
    " @Jimbo: WHAT?! What website was that? are you English? "
    Coolshop.  And yes I am.  I'm pretty pissed off that a UK retailer used the American spelling of favourite too.  Did the PC version come out in the US? "
    Oh, you mean the PC version right?
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jimbo

Dude, what gave it away?! ;)

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By CL60
    @trophyhunter said:
    " did you get that walmart batarmor thing? "
    Yes
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By demonbear
    @buzz_killington: Yes, i printed the ad when it was displaying the 7.67 price, gave it to my gf, she went there with the ad and said " I wanna buy this game at this price " The video game guy looked surprised and said she should go to the customer service with the game and that print. She did, they looked on the website for a while, trying to figure out what the fuck was that all about and they finally decided to sell her the game at this ridiculous price!!!

And thus i am a happy, happy gamer. hahaha
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By buzz_killington
    @demonbear:
    Thanks for the heads-up dude. I hope they remain just as stupid until tomorrow morning. I'm going to pick up like 5 copies and give to my friends.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By trophyhunter
    @CL60 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Yes "
    what does it look like?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By CL60
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Yes "
    what does it look like? "
    Like this

No Caption Provided
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By trophyhunter
    @CL60 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Yes "
    Like this

No Caption Provided
    "
    is that any different than normal?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CL60
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Yes "
    Like this

No Caption Provided
    "
    is that any different than normal? "
    Yes...
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#64  Edited By natetodamax

I'm contemplating picking it up.... I have a feeling that after I beat it I'll never go back to play it again.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CL60
    @natetodamax said:
    " I'm contemplating picking it up.... I have a feeling that after I beat it I'll never go back to play it again. "
    You should get it. It's my favorite game of 2009 thus far.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By natetodamax
    @CL60 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " I'm contemplating picking it up.... I have a feeling that after I beat it I'll never go back to play it again. "
    You should get it. It's my favorite game of 2009 thus far. "
    How's the replay value of it? That's what's holding me back right now.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @natetodamax said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    How's the replay value of it? That's what's holding me back right now. "
    Fairly good. For one, you'll probably want to replay the game itself, and second the challenge rooms are fun.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CL60
    @natetodamax said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    How's the replay value of it? That's what's holding me back right now. "
    Well there's 240 riddles to collect. Theirs multiple challenges. Hmm not sure really, I have not yet beat it.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By natetodamax
    @CL60:@LiquidPrince: 

So should I get this game or 4000 MS Points?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CL60
    @natetodamax: I would get this game.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @natetodamax said:
    " @CL60:@LiquidPrince:   So should I get this game or 4000 MS Points? "
    I would definitely pick up the game. It is my favorite game so far this year except maybe Professor Layton, but they aren't comparable.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By Baillie
    @mattysen said:
    " @Baillie said:
    " I'm getting mine tomorrow, and I'm from UK. Win for me EDIT: Just remembered my girlfriend is staying here tomorrow. That is a fail. "
    Comes out on the 28th in the UK.... "
    Yes, but I know a shop that sells them as soon as they receive them.
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ZeroCast

Dude, I need to get this gem but on the PC, any idea when its coming out on those teh Personal Computers?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By CL60
    @ZeroCast said:
    " Dude, I need to get this gem but on the PC, any idea when its coming out on those teh Personal Computers? "
    September 15th I think.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#75  Edited By demonbear

I just cannot believe i have a copy of this game sitting at home for less that 8 freakin bucks! :D

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By choffy21
    Anyways, picked mine up for $20 in the US. Picked up a copy at Toys-R-Us to get the $30 gift card, but they only had the 360 version and I wanted the PS3 one. So, I just no-recipet returned it to Best Buy, saying my girlfriend bought me the wrong version. Turns out Best Buy was giving $10 gift cards with a purchase.

I still paid $62 for it, but I'll gladly take $40 in free gift cards! 

P.S. @CL60: Not digging the 15% tax. 8.5% (which is what is here in Arizona) is fine, but 15%? That's a lot.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jkz

It's odd, I feel underwhelmed by the game. Not to say it's bad by any stretch of the imagination, it's a wonderfully put together experience. I just feel like the stealth doesn't feel, I dunno, "dynamic" enough? I feel like there's only one RIGHT way to clear a way of goons, which was quite disappointing.  

The hand-to-hand is fun but a little on the easy side, and the boss-battles have been pretty mundane so far. What's really kept me going has been the atmosphere, which I have loved, and the Scarecrow sequences have been some of the best moments in a video game all year. 

It's a great game, but I would put it somewhere around #3 for me this year, under Shadow Complex at #1 and Resident Evil 5 at #2. The gameplay just hasn't been up to snuff for me, and I just can't seem to understand whether it's that I'm missing something, or that it just doesn't click for me like it seems to for everyone else.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By choffy21
    @jukezypoo said:
    " It's odd, I feel underwhelmed by the game. Not to say it's bad by any stretch of the imagination, it's a wonderfully put together experience. I just feel like the stealth doesn't feel, I dunno, "dynamic" enough? I feel like there's only one RIGHT way to clear a way of goons, which was quite disappointing.

The hand-to-hand is fun but a little on the easy side, and the boss-battles have been pretty mundane so far. What's really kept me going has been the atmosphere, which I have loved, and the Scarecrow sequences have been some of the best moments in a video game all year.

It's a great game, but I would put it somewhere around #3 for me this year, under Shadow Complex at #1 and Resident Evil 5 at #2. The gameplay just hasn't been up to snuff for me, and I just can't seem to understand whether it's that I'm missing something, or that it just doesn't click for me like it seems to for everyone else. "
    Sounds like you read a lot into the hype.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jkz
    @choffy21 said:
    " @jukezypoo said:
    " It's odd, I feel underwhelmed by the game. Not to say it's bad by any stretch of the imagination, it's a wonderfully put together experience. I just feel like the stealth doesn't feel, I dunno, "dynamic" enough? I feel like there's only one RIGHT way to clear a way of goons, which was quite disappointing.

It's a great game, but I would put it somewhere around #3 for me this year, under Shadow Complex at #1 and Resident Evil 5 at #2. The gameplay just hasn't been up to snuff for me, and I just can't seem to understand whether it's that I'm missing something, or that it just doesn't click for me like it seems to for everyone else. "
    Sounds like you read a lot into the hype. "
    Nowp, I'm basing it more on what I'm hearing from everyone at this moment, on this day, at this point in time, via. messaging services such as msn, twitter, and the like.
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#80  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Saw a few videos of the gameplay on youtube, so far it's looking pretty good! There was one part in the beginning where some crocodile monster showed up...holy shit!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By CL60
    @jukezypoo said:
    " It's odd, I feel underwhelmed by the game. Not to say it's bad by any stretch of the imagination, it's a wonderfully put together experience. I just feel like the stealth doesn't feel, I dunno, "dynamic" enough? I feel like there's only one RIGHT way to clear a way of goons, which was quite disappointing.   The hand-to-hand is fun but a little on the easy side, and the boss-battles have been pretty mundane so far. What's really kept me going has been the atmosphere, which I have loved, and the Scarecrow sequences have been some of the best moments in a video game all year.  It's a great game, but I would put it somewhere around #3 for me this year, under Shadow Complex at #1 and Resident Evil 5 at #2. The gameplay just hasn't been up to snuff for me, and I just can't seem to understand whether it's that I'm missing something, or that it just doesn't click for me like it seems to for everyone else. "
    Theirs many many different ways to kill the enemies in the stealth.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jkz
    @CL60 said:

" @jukezypoo said:

" It's odd, I feel underwhelmed by the game. Not to say it's bad by any stretch of the imagination, it's a wonderfully put together experience. I just feel like the stealth doesn't feel, I dunno, "dynamic" enough? I feel like there's only one RIGHT way to clear a way of goons, which was quite disappointing.   The hand-to-hand is fun but a little on the easy side, and the boss-battles have been pretty mundane so far. What's really kept me going has been the atmosphere, which I have loved, and the Scarecrow sequences have been some of the best moments in a video game all year.  It's a great game, but I would put it somewhere around #3 for me this year, under Shadow Complex at #1 and Resident Evil 5 at #2. The gameplay just hasn't been up to snuff for me, and I just can't seem to understand whether it's that I'm missing something, or that it just doesn't click for me like it seems to for everyone else. "
    Theirs many many different ways to kill the enemies in the stealth. "
    This I realize, but I feel like if I do anything other but the correct progression (the manner isn't as formulaic) of kills, I will get spotted at one time or another and have to swing between gargoyles. Sure, it's not the same as dying, but I want to feel like people are getting picked off left and right and they have no idea where it's coming from.  

Just me being picky I guess, I tend to be a perfectionist, why the Splinter Cell series is one of my favorites ever. There are a multitude of ways to get through a situation without being seen or noticed, and every way feels like it's fine, never like it's the "right" way.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CL60
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @CL60 said:

" @jukezypoo said:

This I realize, but I feel like if I do anything other but the correct progression (the manner isn't as formulaic) of kills, I will get spotted at one time or another and have to swing between gargoyles. Sure, it's not the same as dying, but I want to feel like people are getting picked off left and right and they have no idea where it's coming from.   Just me being picky I guess, I tend to be a perfectionist, why the Splinter Cell series is one of my favorites ever. There are a multitude of ways to get through a situation without being seen or noticed, and every way feels like it's fine, never like it's the "right" way. "
    Theirs many ways you can do it without being seen :/  just because you don't have the skills to be able to pull it off doesn't mean it's impossible. Every time I do a challenge I do it differently and without being seen.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jkz
    @CL60 said:

" @jukezypoo said:

" @CL60 said:

" @jukezypoo said:

This I realize, but I feel like if I do anything other but the correct progression (the manner isn't as formulaic) of kills, I will get spotted at one time or another and have to swing between gargoyles. Sure, it's not the same as dying, but I want to feel like people are getting picked off left and right and they have no idea where it's coming from.   Just me being picky I guess, I tend to be a perfectionist, why the Splinter Cell series is one of my favorites ever. There are a multitude of ways to get through a situation without being seen or noticed, and every way feels like it's fine, never like it's the "right" way. "
    Theirs many ways you can do it without being seen :/  just because you don't have the skills to be able to pull it off doesn't mean it's impossible. Every time I do a challenge I do it differently and without being seen. "
    I'm referring to the main campaign, not the challenges. I've tried multiple times and the enemies have pre-programmed routes they move through depending on who's killed first. They tend to say "wait, I'll come with you" to the same person every time, and that leads to the same person being isolated and vulnerable, every time. 

I can't speak on the challenge maps, as I've yet to play them. Don't take my criticism to heart by the way, there's no need for name-calling and skill-questioning, but if intelligent debate is not what you're looking for then I will leave and never return. 

P.S. As a point of reference, I'm playing on Hard, if that makes a difference either way.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By CL60
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @CL60 said:

" @jukezypoo said:

" @CL60 said:

" @jukezypoo said:

Theirs many ways you can do it without being seen :/  just because you don't have the skills to be able to pull it off doesn't mean it's impossible. Every time I do a challenge I do it differently and without being seen. "
    I'm referring to the main campaign, not the challenges. I've tried multiple times and the enemies have pre-programmed routes they move through depending on who's killed first. They tend to say "wait, I'll come with you" to the same person every time, and that leads to the same person being isolated and vulnerable, every time.  I can't speak on the challenge maps, as I've yet to play them. Don't take my criticism to heart by the way, there's no need for name-calling and skill-questioning, but if intelligent debate is not what you're looking for then I will leave and never return.  P.S. As a point of reference, I'm playing on Hard, if that makes a difference either way. "
    Err, I not once did any "name-calling". And yes, in the story you can do it multiple ways still. I've done them just sneaking around on foot with silent takedowns, I've done them with all inverted takedowns, I've done them with all batarang takedowns. etc.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jkz
    @CL60 said:
    " @jukezypoo said:
    " @CL60 said:

" @jukezypoo said:

" @CL60 said:

" @jukezypoo said:

I'm referring to the main campaign, not the challenges. I've tried multiple times and the enemies have pre-programmed routes they move through depending on who's killed first. They tend to say "wait, I'll come with you" to the same person every time, and that leads to the same person being isolated and vulnerable, every time.  I can't speak on the challenge maps, as I've yet to play them. Don't take my criticism to heart by the way, there's no need for name-calling and skill-questioning, but if intelligent debate is not what you're looking for then I will leave and never return.  P.S. As a point of reference, I'm playing on Hard, if that makes a difference either way. "
    Err, I not once did any "name-calling". And yes, in the story you can do it multiple ways still. I've done them just sneaking around on foot with silent takedowns, I've done them with all inverted takedowns, I've done them with all batarang takedowns. etc. "
    I don't know, I've never once found that I can change up the order, I can just change up the manner in which I completed it (which is what you were describing here). 

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't know, but it just doesn't feel as dynamic as I feel it should, and that's simply my opinion, and in no way am I presenting it as fact. /end

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.