Just picked up my copy!

• 86 results
#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Not sure whether or not I should start playing though. It's 2:14 AM and I will probably want to play it all night.

#2 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Not sure whether or not I should start playing though. It's 2:14 AM and I will probably want to play it all night. "
Save it for tomorrow. You will enjoy it more after a nights rest.
#3 Posted by N3onThr33 (380 posts) -

If you can sleep all day tomorrow, go for it. If not, sleep.

#4 Posted by JokerClown88 (1051 posts) -

Lucky lucky lucky.  its only 10:30 here, and there is no midnight release where I bought it. :'(

#5 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Yeah it's only 10:30PM here haha. YOU SON OF A BITCH. On a more serious note you should play about an hour's worth, because the dead of night I think would be the best time to play this. Either way you beat me; I'm picking it up tomorrow morning but won't be able to play until about 11 hours after I pick it up since I have a final. Have fun. I hate you.

#6 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

By the way, I've seen people doubting the Canadian price despite the fliers and the websites. So here. I'm off to play for an hour or so most likely. :)

#7 Posted by ATalkingDog (79 posts) -

oooooooooooooooooh

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

That really isn't fair. :p

#9 Edited by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

Doesn't come out in New Zealand until next week damn it.

#10 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Damn you....I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow....or until $60 (I am in US) appears in my wallet. :(

#11 Edited by Baillie (4039 posts) -

I'm getting mine tomorrow, and I'm from UK. Win for me
EDIT: Just remembered my girlfriend is staying here tomorrow. That is a fail.

#12 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@Baillie said:
" I'm getting mine tomorrow, and I'm from UK. Win for me EDIT: Just remembered my girlfriend is staying here tomorrow. That is a fail. "
You choose video games...over vagina? Wow, I salute you sir, you are a true hero.
#13 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Going to pick it up in 30 minutes, can't freaking wait.

#14 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -
@CL60: Its good to be canadian huh? I didnt knew that walmart had it at that price too though.
#15 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

So is this game going to be in stores Tuesday?  Because I hate going to the store just to have them tell me to come back tomorrow.

#16 Posted by LiquidPrince (15848 posts) -

Every store in Canada has matched that price. Best Buy, EB Games, and Futureshop have all gone down to $38.83.

#17 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" By the way, I've seen people doubting the Canadian price despite the fliers and the websites. So here. I'm off to play for an hour or so most likely. :)

"
pfffft, definitaly a fake. 
#18 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Jolly_Lolly said:
" @CL60 said:
" By the way, I've seen people doubting the Canadian price despite the fliers and the websites. So here. I'm off to play for an hour or so most likely. :)

"
pfffft, definitaly a fake.  "
Oh yeah :P

Anyways, I decided to play it a bit and it is pretty awesome. Didn't get very far. Solved some riddles. Fought a boss. Realized that they changed the map for the demo so it was shorter. etc.

Tried out the only challenge I unlocked and the combat is pretty easy to use but fairly difficult to actually master, I spent a lot of the time restarting trying to get perfect scores.
#19 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Coooool. I'm just glad this game is doing so well and getting such high scores, totally unexpected.

#20 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" Every store in Canada has matched that price. Best Buy, EB Games, and Futureshop have all gone down to $38.83. "
I don't get why though. Don't get me wrong, 40$ is an awesome release price, but why so low on the first week, and why here?
#21 Edited by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

I just got the last copy from FutureShop Online...They sure did price match...Probably my best buy of the year =D

Edit...Best Buy just did the same thing. They just sold out. I love living in Canada. New Release for 10 bones =D
#22 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@IceColdGamer: HOLY SHIT. I noticed the sale is on until the 27th. I'm gonna go down to Futureshop and buy as many copies as I can bright and early...Modern Warfare 2 will already be paid off after I sell those puppies :D
#23 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

:) I've got 3 of them. Will pay a chunk of my Prestige Edition MW2 =)

#24 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

I just got 12 hahaha. I should be able to sell em for $40 USD a piece each on ebay. Oh boy am I happy right now.

#25 Posted by fugie7 (1108 posts) -

lucky. well have fun playing it, im going to get my tomorrow

#26 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

This has GOT to be a mistake. its impossible.

#27 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

I'm fully prepared to have my order cancelled since they said in the case of a misprint they can cancel orders. But hey you never know it may go through since my order has been processed I just need the confirmation that will allow me to pick up all 12 of my copies in store muahaha

#28 Edited by demonbear (1859 posts) -
@RsistncE: I'm finishing my night shift so i wont go but i'll tell my GF to ask the futureshop guy to sell it at the price on the website. Might work! And if it does, somebody's gonna loose this job eventually over this.
#29 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Not out until September 3 in Australia :-(

#30 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@demonbear: My buddy who worked at Futureshop says if you print off the ad they pretty much have to give it to you. Also I'm a dick - I just ordered another 10 360 copies and another 10 PS3 copies.
#31 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Godomnot, I have to wait until Friday to get my copy...

#32 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Why is it that Americans can pronounce Arkham the way its meant to be pronounced with a short vowel sound but pronounce words like Buckingham and Birmingham with extra emphasis on the HAM? :\

#33 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

I have to wait until friday :|

#34 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

I just picked up my 3. Less than than 30 bucks total. =)

#35 Posted by Khann (2792 posts) -
@RsistncE said:
" @demonbear: My buddy who worked at Futureshop says if you print off the ad they pretty much have to give it to you. Also I'm a dick - I just ordered another 10 360 copies and another 10 PS3 copies. "
It would be HILARIOUS if you couldn't on-sell them.
#36 Posted by Osaladin (2514 posts) -

I don't get it, is the low price only for Canada?

#37 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I went to futureshop and it was 38.83

#38 Posted by Quadrifoglio (816 posts) -
@IceColdGamer said:
" I just got the last copy from FutureShop Online...They sure did price match...Probably my best buy of the year =D

Edit...Best Buy just did the same thing. They just sold out. I love living in Canada. New Release for 10 bones =D
"
Holy shit! You really can't pass up a deal as sweet as that!
#39 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

on behalf of everybody who wants the game badly : FUCK YOU 

haha enjoy  

no PC til sep 15 =\ 

#40 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
@RsistncE said:
" @demonbear: My buddy who worked at Futureshop says if you print off the ad they pretty much have to give it to you. Also I'm a dick - I just ordered another 10 360 copies and another 10 PS3 copies. "
Way to go, I'm pretty sure you've just fucked over 19 other people who would have been willing to pay full price for the game.  

But as along as you make your profit it's all good, right? 
#41 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I snatched my copy last night, but my friend has been to 6 EB Gameses, 3 Future Shops, 1 Walmart, and 2 Best Buys, and they are ALL sold out on both platforms. Only one EB had a 360 CE.
#42 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

did you get that walmart batarmor thing?

#43 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@Jolly_Lolly said:
" @RsistncE said:
Way to go, I'm pretty sure you've just fucked over 19 other people who would have been willing to pay full price for the game.   But as along as you make your profit it's all good, right?  "
Eh, he's got teh business sense. I don't blame him.
#44 Posted by mattysen (822 posts) -
@Baillie said:
" I'm getting mine tomorrow, and I'm from UK. Win for me EDIT: Just remembered my girlfriend is staying here tomorrow. That is a fail. "
Comes out on the 28th in the UK....
#45 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@Hitchenson: Already replied to his PM accusing me of fucking people that there is no way this game is going to sell out at all retailers here in Victoria, BC. I guarantee that you'll be able to find a copy somewhere for the 38.83 price point. In fact the only thing I fucked over was Futureshop...but they deserve it because they're fucking assholes anyways.
#46 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@RsistncE: More power to you dude. Hope you make a good profit!
#47 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -
@trophyhunter:
If you'e talking to me, no. It was the Batarang one.
#48 Posted by Ouroboros (344 posts) -

The game is amazing, probably the best game I've played all year.  It is mind boggling how detailed it is and how much you can do in the game..

#49 Edited by Jimbo (9775 posts) -
 "You have pre-booked Batman: Arkham Asylum /PC with your favorite gaming store. 

The manufacturer has just announced the new release is now 18/09 - 2009."

#50 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -
@RsistncE: Dude it worked! I printed the ad with the price at 7.67, gave that to my gf cause im on night shifts, so she went to Futureshop with the add and it worked, we totally paid 7.67$ for PS3 Batman : AA on its first week of release! This is freakin awesome!

Yaaaay!!!!!

Btw I played the first hour of it and its surprisingly great and detailled. Cant wait to finish this shift and go back to play this!!! hahahaha  7.67$ ... YAAAY!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.