Hours played?

#1 Posted by hoossy (932 posts) -

I just rounded 100. Not saying that is a good thing, cause, my USC application is still uncompleted on my desktop....

How many hours have you all played/wasted?

#2 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

#3 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

132H 47M

#4 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

about 16-18, the game really bores me, technically great, but after the first week or so I've only played it thrice.

#5 Posted by M_Shini (550 posts) -

17hours give or take.

#6 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

I pre-ordered it and only put in like 8 to 10 hours. I just can't enjoy this game. I realized that all I wanted this game to be was BF2 so I re-installed BF2 and played that.

#7 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

I feel sorry for you if you feel hours played = hours wasted.

#8 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

I feel sorry for you if you feel hours played = hours wasted.

Yeah brah! Fucking hand-eye coordination through the roof.

Fistbump!

#9 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

#10 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

I think I played around 75 hours in the first two weeks, but I haven't really played since November 8th.

#11 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@Branthog said:

I think I played around 75 hours in the first two weeks, but I haven't really played since November 8th.

This saddens me, I can't tank-rape you on the GB servers anymore :(

#12 Edited by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

139 hrs! BTW anyone here play in asian-region servers? if so add me in the Battlelog. :)

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19176 posts) -

About 89 hours

#14 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

200+ hours. Most of which happend before Skyrim hit. I do play regularly though. I'm just not too enamored with certain particulars of BF3's design. I much preferred the more empowering design of the Bad Company games. And I downright hate some aspects, such as extremely shitty visibility, bad scoring, lock-on weapons and mortars.

All of which makes me enjoy and play BF3 less than other recent Battlefield iterations. My hopes for BF3 rest on DICE's 'Aggressive DLC Plans'. Something along the lines of BF:BC 2 Vietnam would be much appreciated. Stripping out the customization overkill and modern gadgets and lock-on weaponry in favor of iron sights, straightforward balancing and hopefully a kick-ass on-board soundtrack. There's speculation for a BF 2143 expansion. Never played BF 2142, but it certainly would give them the freedom create a more gamey and fun experience.

That said, it's quite unbelievable when I overcome all the hate I harbour against much of its design.

#15 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

30-32 hours up till now. I've had too many games to toy with in between. My friends and I also jumped onto MW3, as we did with every CoD itterations until now. But of course, we realized Mw3 wasn't good at all. and went back to BF3.
#16 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Right over 3 days on my ps3, so around 73 hours, give or take. Ive loved every minute of it. It keeps becoming the game I go back to. Even after my hiatuses for Skyrim and Dark Souls, I keep coming back.

#17 Posted by Hemmelight (160 posts) -

Uhh, about 3.

I've been trying to figure out if I want to play on PC or PS3. I own both copies, but it's not worth it playing on super low settings on my PC so I'm going to stick to PS3 until I have the opportunity to build a gaming rig.

#18 Posted by Mikemcn (6958 posts) -

You should really finish your USC app, don't most schools have their regular decision deadlines in like January/very early February?

And I'm at 98H 58M

#19 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

75-ish

#20 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

4 hours, just picked it up yesterday.

I put 83 hours into BC2 so probably be around the same time for B3.

#21 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

Join us on the Bombing Runs and get your buts in Mumble!

48 hrs for me.

#22 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

0 hours.

Good luck on getting into USC, that acceptance envelope looks snazzy.

#23 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1230 posts) -

102H.

Stopped two weeks after B2K since DICE can't be arsed to update the game to fix the gabillions of issues.

#24 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

Around 25 hours.

#25 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

108 hr 46 min.  Still enjoying it.

#26 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

About 15, no where near to what I put into any of it's predecessors.

#27 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -

Around 90 and going strong.

#28 Posted by Nadafinga (957 posts) -

@Seppli said:

That said, it's quite unbelievable when I overcome all the hate I harbour against much of its design.

True that. I've put 92 hours into the game on the PS3 (& another 9 hours on Xbox), and despite the laundry list of gripes I have about the game's design and balance, at the end of the day, I keep coming back to it because dammit if it isn't fun as hell.

That said, I doubt I'll hit the 500 hours I put into BFBC2. I dunno, hopefully there will be some decent DLC that will keep me coming back.

#29 Posted by vonFlampanker (327 posts) -

136 hours. I still feel like I'm terrible at it. Took me the better part of two years to get 300 hours in BC2 but by the end I felt like I could do well most times.

#30 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

106 at 306 SPM, getting a liiiiiiiiittle put off by the intensity of the game as well as the very few good maps but hey, I love this game.

#31 Posted by AlexW00d (6188 posts) -

90 hours. Getting pretty bored with things that aren't being in a chopper.

#32 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

68 hours with almost all of that time as assault but I am getting a little bored of it now. I tried some of the other classes but "eh", traditional sniping is really dull and un fun. All people do is shoot at other snipers and they changed the Recon load out so it's not as fun or good to play as an assault-recon. I actually want to good back to playing 2142 for some reason I don't know why.

#33 Posted by Mahonay (828 posts) -

57 hours.

#34 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

In the live environment, about 17 hours. In the office: Lost count.

#35 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

200ish I think.

#36 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

92 hours. Still a fun game.

#37 Posted by bwmcmaste (838 posts) -

I just checked it on Battlelog and I must confess that I am quite surprised (also a little disgusted): 140H 30M.

#38 Posted by Jackel2072 (2237 posts) -

well only about 53 hours so far. i play 2 or 3 times a week. 

#39 Posted by chan05 (318 posts) -

22 hours. Only really got into it after the Karkand map pack got released

#40 Posted by elitebear (74 posts) -

about 50. doesnt hold a candle to bc2 or bc2:vietnam honestly

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.