Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Anybody else notice a lot of bugs in MP?

jhosaphat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jhosaphat

I've noticed a ton of pop-in, screen tearing, and weird stuff like the "Your team won/lost" banner not appearing at the end of a round. I don't remember the first BC being this sloppy.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ryax

what are you playing it on? 

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon

Theres alot more to this one.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I have seen none of this on the PS3 version....

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By FireBurger

I've noticed the banner issue once, but beyond that I haven't noticed anything too jarring. Personally, I think it's one of the best looking games on the market, which is even more impressive considering the destruction the engine has to handle. I think it's overall very well polished.

Avatar image for collegefootballguy
    CollegeFootballGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not on 360
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Sooperspy

i have seen banner thing a few times but it isnt that bad. On 360

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz

I've seen a fair amount of texture pop in, win/lose banners not appearing and that is about it.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By meteora

A few bugs. Nothing game breaking so far; other than half your team being snipers and shotguns that has the reach of a sniper rifle given the right perks.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I've not seen any of these problems in the PC version.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Evilmetal

sometimes a server setting, or hardcore mode will not allow you to see the battle.. but instead will show a gray colored screen. I think that is stupid. They should just show the spawn area and not a over view of the whole battle, this way you know which side you are on.

Avatar image for livingitlarge22
    Livingitlarge22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Livingitlarge22

I agree with whoever said the game looks great. I've noticed the banner missing a couple of times which can be confusing if you are playing as the Russians and then you don't know if you've won or not until you get to the next screen. Otherwise, yeah it's great.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Skald

Aside from a relatively small draw distance, I have nothing to complain about.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lilbigsupermario

I've seen the missing banner thing several times and it is confusing to know whether you won or not haha!  There are some texture pop ins sometimes like the recon's "furry" texture pops in quite late so at first, he just looks like he's wearing a hoody hehe!  And sometimes, the weapons look low-res for a few seconds then the texture pops in afterwards.  It's just a minor thing anyway, the game is still awesome! I don't experience any screen tearing issues though.  I play in the PS3. :)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

The question is whether I've noticed a LOT of bugs, right? 

*looks at BC2*
     *looks at BC2*
    *looks at MW2* 
    *looks at MW2* 

-_-  Nope.
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By white

I've noticed a TON on the PS3.

If you are hiding behind a bush or tree and the leaves block your view, the textures behind those leaves won't load. So I get instances whereby I shimmy my way around the bush trying to get it to hide me yet get a good shot of some bad guys, and there's nothing but the skybox to look at. There's also instances whereby the models don't load properly (or take awhile to fully load). Like tanks suddenly become low-poly count and infantry like the Recon and Assault looked like they came out of the PS1.

Also, my PS3 tends to lock up often during loading and this game is bricking my PS3 - I've been getting YLODs from it recently. And it's apparently very laggy for people playing in Austral-Asia.

DICE thinks it's cool to have collision detection be done server-side. So combined with the laggy servers, I get instances whereby I'm sinking into the floor (I did fell through the geometry once. It as hilarious) or cutting corners and end up getting sucked backwards.

Blaaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blaaze89
    @extremeradical: agree... was trying to snipe just a minute ago and couldnt hit my target because aparantly he was behind concrete boxes i couldnt see..... 

that and they need to make match finding find games within the country before it starts jumping me into games filled with euros or japs. I would enjoy less lag that is possible to avoid.
    evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By evanbrau

On the map with the Submarine harbour I blazed away at a group of medics assaulting one of the rush points. I was aiming right at them but no damaged indicators or anything showed for me, until a wall popped up and explained why I couldn't hit them. The end of round text sometimes doesn't play for me as well some falling through world geometry issues. I guess I got so insanely lucky never encountering glitches in MW2 that the powers that be have decided to punish me with a slightly buggy BC2. Still a great game though so hopefully they'll iron out these small issues.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox

I somehow destroyed a squadmates vehicle while using the repair tool on it in hardcore mode.

A lot of the things listed as bugs in this thread aren't bugs at all. 

LOD pop-in is in every single current gen game, especially the wide open ones. It's on the PC version even maxed out. Just keep your view fixed on the distance, then move forward. Not a bug.
    The lack of v-sync was a decision made by DICE to get that extra half-frame per second in. Not a bug.
    The grayed out background of Hardcore mode is so you can't cheat and see the enemies and relay their positions via VOIP before spawning. Not a bug.

Flinty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Flinty

I've seen a couple of bugs. One where the voices at the end of the round are cut off mid-sentence but nothing that's a show stopper.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TorgoGrooves89
    @jakob187: 

God damn hilarious. Nice one.
    Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Quipido

There are certainly some bugs - I have read somwhere that if you score points while you are dead, you see the "combo meter", but none of those points are added to your score. I can not confirm yet, i didn't manage to verify. But scoring while dead can happen, for example when you are trying to c4 a tank and you know you are not going to make it out alive, its best to blow it all up with you... if there is no score from this, it would suck. 

This next bug is only a little one, but it pisses me off: when you are looking thru a scope (i noticed at rocketlaunchers, maybe its the same for sniper rifles and even the ironsight) and you pull up the score tab, when you get back to the game, it behaves like you let the trigger go...you have to actually let go and press it again. Now that i think of it, same shit happens when you drive a vehicle and are holding a triggre down to accelerate... you pull up the score, close it and you have to re-press the damn button.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By super_machine

every once in a while my game will lock up. It really sucks when you have a good match and it happens. But its not too often.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jeffsekai

Haven't seen any on 360

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Seppli

The Frostbite engine is extremely functional (as in highly interactive) and designed to perform in an online environment. It's an 'as interactive as feasible' online multiplayer engine. As far as I can tell, it's one of the most functional engines out there. Given this fact, it looks stunning. Yeah, there's some graphical inconsistencies like pop-ins. Who gives a damn? As long as I can blow shit up the way I can, I don't care about cosmetical and superficial BS. I want more functionality and interactivity from my games. That's what makes BF:BC 2 and DICE's Frostbite engine truely current generation. Most other games run on outdated engines adding zero functionality and interactivity, just improving superficial shit like polycount and texture resolution. Superficial improvements for superficial players. 

If there's something to bicker about, then it's the crashes. The game crashes about once every 5-10 hours of playtime. Stability has improved for me since release though. Playing on PS3. 

btw. occasional glitches are part of the fun. Always has been, always will be a selling point for Battlefield. Best physics glitches in gaming! 

Now this is glitching Friendly Fire OFF and high powered explosives!
    philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By philuk19

Just got a very annoying glitch. Playing a match of Rush on port Valdez, got an insignia...unlocked red dot scope (engie) and the rocket launcher. So all is fine got about 9k points in total...move onto next map, repairing a tank and black screen...back to game menu. But wasnt too worried...went into stats and weapons all the gains were gone. No kills, deaths, weapons, insiginas that I had gotten were registered, all just reset. Gave it a few mins a played a few more games...still nothing, but the new games register...very flustrating. (first time it happened tho).

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Haven't seen any bugs on the PC version. Only problem I've really had with it is sometimes the "Unlock Progression" tab during the loading screen doesn't show how far you are from unlocking things.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By emkeighcameron

Aside from a CTD that happens every few hours, no, nothing.

BeefWaterfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BeefWaterfall

I play on the PS3. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes (not always - like maybe 10% of the time) when I go to mark an enemy by hitting Select, it just plain doesn't work. I mean, the dude is staying still, I got my cross hairs on him....I'm hitting Select.....hitting again.....again....again.....it won't put the red upside down triangle over his head.  Huh?

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By immike

I've only seen the 'team win'/'team lost' banner missing at times. Other than that the game is bug free. So...nope.

mikbal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mikbal

i sometimes get a Squad Kill Assist even though i did shit. seriously only thing i did was to look at the guy, not even spotting. suits me 30 pts is a lot for nothing.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By mosdl

In a recent game, I noticed that switching from hip to scope aiming that some destructible objects where disappearing for a second, allowing me to see if anyone was behind.  Next round, the issue was gone.

jhosaphat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By jhosaphat

Since I didn't mention it before, I'm playing on 360. Anyway, here's the bug that I've seen. I load MP up and I get to the loading screen, but then something goes wrong and I'm kicked ALL the way out to the Xbox dashboard. I had it happen twice in a row.

Boomheadshot92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Boomheadshot92

Sometimes you can be running to a flag or something and all of a sudden you get caught on the TINYEST little rock and you have to jump over it to bypass it, funny but annoying.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By REDRUN
    @jakob187 said:
    " The question is whether I've noticed a LOT of bugs, right? 

*looks at BC2*
     *looks at BC2*
    *looks at MW2* 
    *looks at MW2* 
              -_-  Nope. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.