Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Game just doesn't cut it for me anymore

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jmrwacko

I don't know if anyone from the PC side of this game remembers me, but I used to be a big fanboy of this game when it was first released. So after I heard about some of the stuff they've patched in BC2 and all the map packs, I thought I'd go back, but... meh...

They never fixed the game for me. It still stutters with my Radeon 5770 and quad core phenom II. The shooting just feels clunky compared to Black Ops, it feels almost like there's input lag when compared to other recent shooters. And I get kicked 5 minutes in for a punkbuster error. Great.

I've put significant time into this game, almost 100 hours in fact. But coming back to this game from Black Ops, it just feels sort of meh. Maybe I'm being unfair. DICE left a sour taste in my mouth after the travesty that was Medal of Honor. What I really want is a Battlefield 3 that returns to the 64-player standard, but I doubt it won't be anything more than a console port with EA behind it, seeing how Battlefield 2 was the last game EA published that was PC-centric.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kishan6
    @jmrwacko: u forgot 2142 
    but ya i still like this game 
    its not one of the old battlefield games but its still good
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @jmrwacko: Everything I've read about the development of BF3 suggests that the developers are taking extra care to make the PC version top notch. 

As far as BF:BC goes, it still plays pretty well on the Xbox. Sorry to hear about your graphical problems. 
    gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By gamb1t

I WANT JETS APACHES BOATS N HOS. Battlefield 3 should and probably be the best game ever. God i miss battlefield 2 but its kinda getting dated (havent played in 3 months) I dont think it will disappoint as much as CZ and source did to counter-strike.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e114a345bdd
    deactivated-58e114a345bdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As much as I like these games, they have always had bugs. I love and hate Dice.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By meteora

The PC version is as unoptimized as shit from what I've heard, so its expected. They really need to iron out those problems in BF3 for the PC.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By infininja

I own the PC version too. 

I'm a level 1. 

I'm a 46 on 360. 

[shrug]

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jim_dandy
    @jmrwacko said:
    " It still stutters with my Radeon 5770 and quad core phenom II. "
     I have lesser graphics card and slightly better CPU and BC2 runs great for me.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mikemcn
    @jim_dandy said:
    " @jmrwacko said:
    " It still stutters with my Radeon 5770 and quad core phenom II. "
     I have lesser graphics card and slightly better CPU and BC2 runs great for me. "
    Same here, my card isnt as good anyway, i have a 4850 and an intel quad.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

What performance do you expect given your setup?  If it's lower than in benchmarks posted online, maybe, update your drivers.    

(Here, BFBC2 runs at 60fps at 1600x900 at high graphical settings.  But I have a different setup.)

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DonPixel

I have had a better time with it in the PS3.. thou I used to play all the first ones in the PC 

Sry.. but the pc is going the way of the dodo.. saddens me as I´ve been pc player most of my life 

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @jmrwacko:  

Quite the reverse for me.
    BFBC2 runs super smooth on my PC on highest settings. No input lag or anything. - Look gorgeous and runs great.
    Black Ops stutters even with half the graphical setting turned off. - Looks like shit and runs poorly.

Also update your punk buster dude.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By 234r2we232
    @Tennmuerti:  @Gap: Yep. BF fanboys are just as bad as any other :). Keep it up, guys.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli

Dunno about the PC version. Consoles had some issues due to server overload when map pack 7 came out. I had a couple of issues then, but they've since been sorted.

The game's better than ever now, with more 'core' BF-style maps, with open terrain for vehicular manouvering and such.

Can't overstate how wrong you are about gunplay in Black Ops. Its shallow ballistics and poor handling and intrusive aim assist (on consoles obviously) invoke just the opposite reaction from me. When I play Black Ops, I'd find myself rather playing BF:BC 2.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Seppli
    @sofacitysweetheart said:

" @Tennmuerti:  @Gap: Yep. BF fanboys are just as bad as any other :). Keep it up, guys. "

You suck more than you could ever comprehend...
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By 234r2we232
    @Seppli said:
    " @sofacitysweetheart said:

" @Tennmuerti:  @Gap: Yep. BF fanboys are just as bad as any other :). Keep it up, guys. "

You suck more than you could ever comprehend... "
    Oh no...
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @sofacitysweetheart said:

I am just stating how both games perform on a technical level on my PC.
    This has nothing to do with gameplay or fanboyism, I enjoy Blops quite a lot too.
    paulithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By paulithon

runs pretty good on my medium build. never have it on the highest settings but love me some BF:BC and cant wait for BF3 

COD and Bf are both amazing just depends on what your looking for.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By Geno

I don't know about the stuttering, but the latest patch advised everyone to update to newest PunkBuster so if you're using an old one that might be the reason you got kicked. 

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nail1080

I can't wait for the new DLC, should breath some much needed new life into the game!

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VanderSEXXX
    @Seppli said:
    " Can't overstate how wrong you are about gunplay in Black Ops. Its shallow ballistics and poor handling and intrusive aim assist (on consoles obviously) invoke just the opposite reaction from me. When I play Black Ops, I'd find myself rather playing BF:BC 2. "
    I agree with this!!! Only difference is I never bothered getting another COD game after getting BF:BC2. Hell I can never even go back to playing my MW2 anymore because of BF:BC2. The destructible environments, bullet physics instead of literally pointing and clicking, and most of all the sound and outdoor/indoor acoustics of the guns in BF:BC2 just defines its intensity. 

The input lag normally only happens when your ping is 250 - above and Im sure you're net connection is better than mine as my homeland's net is or one of the slowest in Asia since our ISPs are located in our neighboring countries and we use proxies. 
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Evilmetal

I run BC2 at 1024x768 with a ATI 5750...  medium settings... unlocked phenom 2 quad... (the 550 unlock trick) ... 6gb ram..

I don't run bc2 natively at 1280x1024 because it's sluggish, so I have to cut back and run it at 1024x768; which sucks... but it runs.. 

Doesn't BO run sluggish on PC? from what I've read, there were some issues; I don't know if they were resolved.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Evilmetal said:
    " I run BC2 at 1024x768 with a ATI 5750...  medium settings... unlocked phenom 2 quad... (the 550 unlock trick) ... 6gb ram..   I don't run bc2 natively at 1280x1024 because it's sluggish, so I have to cut back and run it at 1024x768; which sucks... but it runs..   Doesn't BO run sluggish on PC? from what I've read, there were some issues; I don't know if they were resolved. "
    It's completely random from rig to rig. I don't have very many problems, besides the occasional network stutter because of the master queries.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrKlorox
    @jmrwacko:  I had mucho hardcore stuttering when using the auto renderer select which defaulted to DX10. Try and make sure you're running DX9 by making sure the "DxVersion=" line in your C:\Users\<username>\Documents\BFBC2\settings.ini file says 9 instead of auto.

I still get sub 30 framerates in the newer open maps (with SSAO on and everything aside from AA on high) but still no stuttering.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.