Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Mentaly handicapped tank/heli drivers

• 64 results
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Not sure if anyone else has seen this one. This is the funniest crash I think I've seen so far. 

TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By TwelveFootFour
    @OneKillWonder:
    I don't know if it's the tree or the way dude stops but I was laughin so much I way cryin.
    Andypwnedyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Andypwnedyou
    @nethanel said:
    " Nothing wrong with two guys in a tank staying at the end of the line and killing/spotting the defenders, no point rushing in and getting RPGs, C4s and ATs thrown at your face, plus your in a tank so you cant arm the objective. Actually the opposite is true, tons of morons grab a tank think they are invincible and charge in the enemy base and die "
    Like I said before though, theres times thats okay and times where you like "HOLY ##$$#%$ where is the mother $^$^ ing tank the objective has been armed and we need it to %^%$ $%%$$ UP!!!" situations like that ya know. When the detonator is about to go off and it gets disarmed and everybody is all pissed all that work was for nothing, and then you spawn at the base and the tank is just sitting there trying to blow up the hillside LOL
    Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By Tuggah

I finally got helicopters some what down recently.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Death_Unicorn

You could say that I'M THE GREATEST HELICOPTER PILOT EVER!

They don't call me the MacDaddy Piloteer for nothin'.

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Ubiquitous

The terrible helicopter pilots are funny, however the good helicopter pilots are frightening.  

As for the tank dealie, The guys who stay back are 5000X better than the idiots that drive them straight into enemy territory. Those are the WORST tank drivers. Your tank can survive for fucking ever if you make good use of it and realize that it is perfectly destructable. Usually the most effective tank tactic is to hang back a little and lob shells on objective buildings, cover, groupings of enemies, and of course vehicles, you only move up as the relative line moves up, you move back when you are taking hits, but not back so far or fast that any engineers that are helping get left behind. THAT is annoying, when you are repairing a tank that is taking fire and they bolt backwards a ridiculous couple hundred feet leaving you to run for either the tank or cover, the tank usually being the cover, and you most likely being dismembered.

nethanel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By nethanel
    @Andypwnedyou: The tank should not be at the base to begin with, it should be at the rear of the concentrated push that the team is making
    dyram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By dyram
    @oompagooba:
    Try flying the helicopters in the original EoD mod for BF1942. The Desert Combat helicopters nearly fly themselves. ^_- 

OT: I understand that some people need to try in order to learn, but there are ways of doing that in places other than full servers where the helo could be doing some serious hurt with a good pilot. 

As far as the tanks go, someone else said it right. The tank's best use is to sit just on the edge of combat, far enough away that it won't get swamped by infantry on all sides but close enough that it can meaningfully impact the infantry's battles, and to act as a hammer for the infantry assault. It's all about combined arms. An all-infantry rush uses up a lot of tickets, and rushing the tank is only going to start its respawn timer... 

Learn your roles in the game and do what you do best for the team. I'm happy to see that a bunch of people here learned right away that if they can't fly, they stay on the ground. That's the best move for the team, and in the off time when you're not in the middle of combat in a desperate struggle to win, you can practice and become one of the flyboys.
    sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By sjupp
    @Jayross: Man you crazy!? In BF2 you could do loops and fly through tiny-ass holes/under bridges with them apaches. BC2 is pretty damn hard.

Just thinking about these morons make me angry. (Happened to me a bunch of times)
    TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Last game in the demo, I saw the enemy chopper immediately flip forward and crash itself after take-off. Lawls ensued.
    As for when my team had the chopper, I'm usually the gunner, but I could hardly ever get paired up by competent pilots, so I'd end up taking the pilot seat. Usually.
    Almost everyone seems to be fine with tanks and such, but take to the skies and they lose all hope.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Bennyishere

Look, obviously me destroying my own chopper was a clever plot to delude the enemy. You're such a n00b for not seeing that, jeez.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#62  Edited By JJWeatherman

I would join in the heli pilot bashing... except I was the unfortunate pilot of a helicopter that met its end to a building one time. I'm a bad person, I know. Those things can be hard to fly though bro-ski!

Verno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Verno

The inverted controls for the UAV and Helicopter not syncing up is probably what causes a vast majority of these crashes :(

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By jmrwacko
    @VWGTI said:
    " @Andypwnedyou said:
    " Has anybody ran into these fools?  Take off in the helicopter, then slam it into a building 5ft away?"
    LOL!  I remember seeing that in Battlefield 2 on the PC. It's hilarious every time it happens. What makes it even better is when a bunch of dudes are team killing each other over a heli and the dude who ends up getting in it crashes as soon as he takes off. "
    Once this happened to me because I was getting bad feedback on my mouse while trying to fly with the keyboard. But generally, it's hard to be that bad at flying a helicopter. Usually what people end up doing is flying up a 1000 feet and then flipping over the chopper and doing a barrel roll into the ocean.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.