Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Mentaly handicapped tank/heli drivers

• 64 results
    Andypwnedyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Andypwnedyou

Has anybody ran into these fools? 

Take off in the helicopter, then slam it into a building 5ft away? 

Take the tank, sit it 5,000ft away from the objectives and shoot aimlessly towards the orange huds on the map, while your team is getting slaughtered by an APC? 

Please feel free to rant on them, and or add simlar retarded situations.
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

I rather complain about defenders who never go to secure the mcom stations when they are being attacked and rather just snipe people :)

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

Im the guy who takes the helicopter n dies...IM TRYING TO LEARN :'(

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Geno

Helicopters are evil, they are doing the right thing.
    Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Heartagram
    @Geno said:
    " Helicopters are evil, they are doing the right thing. "
    QFT
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VWGTI
    @Andypwnedyou said:
    " Has anybody ran into these fools?  Take off in the helicopter, then slam it into a building 5ft away?"
    LOL!

I remember seeing that in Battlefield 2 on the PC. It's hilarious every time it happens. What makes it even better is when a bunch of dudes are team killing each other over a heli and the dude who ends up getting in it crashes as soon as he takes off.
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By swamplord666

LOL... i tried to use the helicopter once... swerved everywhere and finished up in a building :S never tried that again for the sake of the team :) I will try again though when the game releases either online or offline and whoever complains about it... well... fuck you!

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA

I always crash into things immediately and then get blown up shortly after.

:C

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SilentCommando

I can't pilot a helicopter or drive a tank  to save my life, but I'm a pretty good shot on the support gunner seat.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The best way to learn is to play campaign and practice when no one can laugh at you. So until then we all have to deal with the major amounts of suck when it comes to pilots.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I have nothing bad to say about shitty chopper pilots. They supply many, many laughs during matches.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CornontheCobbe

LAUGH OUT LOUD

Yeah, some guys just are not that good at driving in a video game. I'd be also worried about them in real life.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

Yeah plenty. Usually the people that rush for the chopper and get in first are ALWAYS the ones that have no idea what they are doing at all. Its best to not even attempt to get in with random pilots I've realized, because they almost always are terrible. I trust myself, and my friends I play with to pilot a chopper, no one else.

It gets very old when people run to it just to get in first, when you know you could of done some serious damage and stayed alive pretty much forever in it and they die in 5 seconds and waste the chopper spawn all together.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Pie
    @AestheticSynthesis said:
    " The best way to learn is to play campaign and practice when no one can laugh at you. So until then we all have to deal with the major amounts of suck when it comes to pilots. "
    In the first BC the helicopter controlled differently in the campaign 
    innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By innacces14

For the peeps who haven't seen the awesome power of a failed helicopter pilot.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aishan

You know, there's nothing wrong with keeping the heavy armour in the back to provide support. Driving it directly into the base is a sure-fire way of getting three RPGs up your tailpipe. Staying back to pound the objective buildings, or merely provide a massive barrage of suppressing fire, is probably the most effective use of the tank.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheHBK

It is fucking funny when you see the copter take off and crash and the other guy riding shotgun is all pissed.  Maybe it would not happen as much if the controls were better, seriously, battlefield has retarded flight controls, especially on planes.  But its still funny when it happens on purpose.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pie: Well I never bothered with helis in the first one so my point is now invalid.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    @innacces14: 
    That made my day.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@innacces14 said:
    " For the peeps who haven't seen the awesome power of a failed helicopter pilot.

"
    LOL 

I still don't know how to fly a helicopter. I tried once (after a teammate got in), and I ended up flying backwards into the building behind me.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrKlorox

My problem is/was that the controls didn't offer an invert option for choppers separate from UAVs. Also the lack of different sensitivity bars makes tanks turrets super duper fucking slow, on PC.

So I think the controls are the issue and not so much the driver TRYING to slam into things.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By immike

I love running into these people. For the most part, because I don't give a crap about camping the helicopter, so when I see one fail it's hilarious. 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By ProfessorEss

That video is hilarious.

Personally, I'd take gettin a laugh outta that over hearing some douche-bag rag him out over the mic for "wasting a helicopter" any time.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By DocHaus
    @Andypwnedyou said:
    " Has anybody ran into these fools?  Take off in the helicopter, then slam it into a building 5ft away?  Take the tank, sit it 5,000ft away from the objectives and shoot aimlessly towards the orange huds on the map, while your team is getting slaughtered by an APC?  Please feel free to rant on them, and or add simlar retarded situations. "
    No offense, but...welcome to the Battlefield series. When you play on servers with scrubs who have no fucking clue how to fly planes or helicopters, or stat-whores who just want to pad their medal count and damn the rest of their team, this is what happens. It happens quite often, whether you're playing BF2, BF2142, or BF:BC2.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @innacces14: Haha, thats actually a pretty funny video duder.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nasar7

I gotta admit I crashed the heli into a building my first time. Second time I realized how the controls work and made less of a fool of myself. Still, it was a funny moment.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wickedsc3

LOL this post is so about me........except i drove my helicopter into the ocean lol, so now i just stay on ground!!!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27  Edited By natetodamax

You can't blame people if they crash the helicopter (unless it was obvious they were messing around) since you aren't even told how to fly it.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pause422
    @natetodamax said:
    " You can't blame people if they crash the helicopter (unless it was obvious they were messing around) since you aren't even told how to fly it. "
    They list the controls for every vehicles and on foot out there as soon as you take a look at them. Some tutorial if there was one on how to fly it, would just do the same thing that the controls creen does- tell you the controls for doing whatever. If the person doesn't know how to fly and they crash immediately, yes, its their own fault. No one is saying they have to be some master of flying it, but be able to take off without hitting something, and at least move around alright, and land if necessary. That alone, isn't very hard.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Andypwnedyou said:

" Has anybody ran into these fools?  Take off in the helicopter, then slam it into a building 5ft away?  Take the tank, sit it 5,000ft away from the objectives and shoot aimlessly towards the orange huds on the map, while your team is getting slaughtered by an APC?  Please feel free to rant on them, and or add simlar retarded situations. "

Perhaps you've not considered the possibility that they do what they do because:
    1. Those vehicles don't spawn in abundance.
    2. It feels good riding a powerful vehicle and they don't want to lose it.
    3. Some like kamikaze.
    4. They are human beings and it's a game. They aren't robots and they don't want to do exactly the same thing over and over again.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

A guy got into a helicopter flew 20ft away hit a building flipped upside and exploded.  So yes I have.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By FrankCanada97

I am fully competent chopper pilot. However, one instance did make me feel like an idiot. I was going through my attack runs when I though that I had taken a bit too much damage. My gunner was an engineer, so I had too go land for him to jump out and repair. I decided to land on the docks behind the fuel silos and the building under construction. I descended slowly and steadily, however I was in cockpit view and could not see my tail drifting into the large fuel silo. The next thing I know, the tail made contact, the chopper shifted a little and I exploded.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Donos

I'm glad I got my helicopter practice out of the way playing BF: Modern Combat. Sadly, now I keep killing my own choppers by switching to the rpg instead of the repair kit.

Andypwnedyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Andypwnedyou
    @innacces14:  That video is just one of many instances. Its insane...One match I got in the Heli did a couple passes over their camp snagged like 10 kills or so. Then the next 4 FREAKING times I tried to get into the helicopter some dick head got in and crashed it every damn time he got in he like didn't even get higher than 50ft he kept crashing into the hanger. lol 

@Aishan: 

" You know, there's nothing wrong with keeping the heavy armour in the back to provide support. Driving it directly into the base is a sure-fire way of getting three RPGs up your tailpipe. Staying back to pound the objective buildings, or merely provide a massive barrage of suppressing fire, is probably the most effective use of the tank. "

Yeah but when they are just SITTING back there the entire time dicking around with getting kills and not even helping us with the objective its freaking redic!!! Sometimes you need a tank to bust through and cause some confusion while your arming the objective. Even if it does get blown up thats alot of extra time we might need to blow up the objective. I've never won a game because some tank is just sitting away from the battle the entire time. If the tank sits there for a bit softens up the area then makes a charge once it sees the bomb being armed then yeah it did a good job...But just mindlessly shooting at dots on the screen hoping to get kills is POINTLESS in an objective game. lol
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Coombs

Yeah wtf is wrong with people?
    Your supposed to just throw C4 on the chopper then give the pilot math questions when he flies away,
    -Whats the square root of 42? 
    -Whats the square root of 42?
    -Pilot- What the fuck are you talking about?
    -WRONG!!!
    *BOOM*

Andypwnedyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Andypwnedyou
    @DocHaus said:
    " @Andypwnedyou said:
    No offense, but...welcome to the Battlefield series. When you play on servers with scrubs who have no fucking clue how to fly planes or helicopters, or stat-whores who just want to pad their medal count and damn the rest of their team, this is what happens. It happens quite often, whether you're playing BF2, BF2142, or BF:BC2. "
    I've been playing BF2 on the computer and like 95% of the people on there drive the planes and helis like GODS, I guess since its an older game they get alot more practice. But like how hard is it to learn the controls for a freaking video game lol. It took me like 20 seconds to get a handle on how to work the controls on the heli in BF:BC2 game, its not that complicated. lol 

But I guess your right, theres always gonna be some down syndrome little 12 year olds who can't focus long enough to learn how to do anything lol
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By breadfan
    @innacces14: I had a very similar experience in that video....that honestly may have been me.
    Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ravenousrattler

maybe they are still learning to fly the chopper, and as for sniping with a tank its the best way to keep your tank alive while getting some kills.

Andypwnedyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Andypwnedyou
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " I am fully competent chopper pilot. However, one instance did make me feel like an idiot. I was going through my attack runs when I though that I had taken a bit too much damage. My gunner was an engineer, so I had too go land for him to jump out and repair. I decided to land on the docks behind the fuel silos and the building under construction. I descended slowly and steadily, however I was in cockpit view and could not see my tail drifting into the large fuel silo. The next thing I know, the tail made contact, the chopper shifted a little and I exploded. "
    HAHA omgsh bro thats hilarious, See thats okay though cause its not like a frequent thing and at least you got the thing off the ground haha Now if you like smashed the heli into the same oil silo over and over again on take off well...you would be categorized as all the other mentally handicapped heli pilots lol Which you are probably not at all like.
    Andypwnedyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Andypwnedyou
    @Coombs said:
    " Yeah wtf is wrong with people? Your supposed to just throw C4 on the chopper then give the pilot math questions when he flies away, -Whats the square root of 42?  -Whats the square root of 42?-Pilot- What the fuck are you talking about? -WRONG!!!*BOOM* "
    HAHA SOUNDS LIKEA PLAN, ima do it  to mah friends.
    dropbearGSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dropbearGSH

Most games I am in the pilots suck (like me), but I have seen a few really good pilots and that Apache causes problems in the right hands.  I did manage to take one out with an RPG though and that felt pretty damn awesome.  The Blackhawk seems pretty useless/harmless though: I used the door gun once and It was really tough to aim while moving at any safe speed.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kbm600
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " Im the guy who takes the helicopter n dies...IM TRYING TO LEARN :'( "
    This is me all the way. I kept trying to learn the controls and kept crashing.
    nethanel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nethanel

Nothing wrong with two guys in a tank staying at the end of the line and killing/spotting the defenders, no point rushing in and getting RPGs, C4s and ATs thrown at your face, plus your in a tank so you cant arm the objective. Actually the opposite is true, tons of morons grab a tank think they are invincible and charge in the enemy base and die

Bindings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bindings1

Well I never really got the heli in Bad Company 1 and in the Bad Company 2 demo I think I tried to fly it once. In my defense how am I supposed to learn how to fly it if I never get in one.

oompagooba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By oompagooba

Try flying helicopters in the original Desert Combat mod for 1942. These helicopters in BC2 practically fly themselves.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By Jayross

To learn how to fly helis you just have to put some time into it.

In BF2 I fiddled around with the controls, and I settled on using the arrow keys. I can move the heli around, but landing is still a problem for me.

The helis in BC2 are much easier, once you learn what the controls do.

I practiced in unranked BC1 servers, and now I am pretty good with the apache, I switched the controls to BC1 just because that is what I am used to.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Donos
    @Jayross said:  
    I practiced in unranked BC1 servers, and now I am pretty good with the apache, I switched the controls to BC1 just because that is what I am used to. "
    That reminds me, does anyone know why the UAV uses the BC1 heli controls, whereas the Apache uses new ones?
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By Jayross
    @Donos: I don't think it does use the BC1 controls, I am pretty sure of this infact.

I got 3 hours of flight-time in the Apaches in the demo, using the BC1 controls, and the UAV does not use the same controls. In BC1 you only used the triggers for weapons. Also, the UAV doesn't even use the right stick to fly, as it adjusts the camera.
    hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hexogen

I tried piloting a helicopter once in the demo. I remember being stoked to get a chance to fly one, since people always take them as soon as they spawn. I must have been in the helicopter for a total of five seconds before I flipped it upside down and blew it up, killing both myself and the daredevil who decided to ride shotgun with me. I decided to stick to ground vehicles from then on.

Gspoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gspoon

You would think people would realize that if  you crash a chopper every time you get in one you should either GTFO or  switch to the gunner position.
    I can fly transport/support chopper just fine but not the attack choppers and the jets,so I dont even try.  I like being a gunner more than I enjoy flying I'll just leave that to the pros.

I always used to get a good laugh out of the determined morons knifing each other in bf2 over who gets the jet. until i was running past them and got knifed myself.  Tanks are a whole different ball game If you cant drive one you should just quit playing altogether or be on the other team ,)

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By evanbrau

Bad helicopter pilots are good to have for the hilarity of seeing random choppers fall out of the sky or fly into the out of bounds area a second after taking off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.