Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

PS3 or PC?

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DCFGS3

I know this game is coming out in while, but considering I'm throwing up between this, M.A.G. and Just Cause 2, I thought I'd get the drop on it. So should I get this for either PS3 or PC? I like to play most of my games on PC, and it will have better graphics, but I played a little of the first (not multiplayer) on PS3, so I'm not sure.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By L33tfella_H

Graphics isn't really an issue for me (on my old pc, i played BF2 low-mid settings and i was fine), but i do like playing shooters (especially big scale ones like BF) on the PC, i'm definently gonna cop it on PC when it hits march.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

FPS? PC. 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

What ever you're more likely to play with people on, I got L4D on the PC because I know more people with the PC version, but MW2 on the 360 because I know more people on that then the PC.

If you're a solo gamer, I'd go with PC.
    The fact you played the last shouldn't matter much, everything should still be the same in terms of SP, chance of a modding community aswell, not sure how likely it is though.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Phantom_Crash

Since Dice will have servers, Im going for PC. I don't care about community or mods, I just need servers.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Seppli

360. I prefer Xbox Live over PSN.

If I get a new PC in the next 2 years, I'll get it on PC too.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138

I thought it wasn't coming to the PC . they have a superior BF2 anyway ...

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DCFGS3

Looks like I'm going PC ;) which is good considering I can now toss up between the other two for my PS3 game.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By big_jon
    @DCFGS3:
    Im getting it for my 360.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I myself would get it on the pc, if I even care to get this game. You have good precise aim and you have good graphics and resolution, textures. However unless you have more friends on psn or your pc rig isn't that good, then get it on the ps3. I have a ps3 and if I can, I would buy every multiplatform game on pc instead. That's my opinion anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Well I enjoy playing it on my PS3 so I will be getting it for that but if you prefer the mouse and keyboard for FPS which most people do, you should get it on the PC.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JoelTGM

It's an FPS and it's a battlefield game; PC is recommended.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Evilmetal

aren't they planning a PC beta in December? the fact that they haven't mentioned 64 players for PC suggests that it probably won't have it.  They couldn't even modify 1943 to release it on PC on time... 

looking at the videos of BC2, it looks nice... but it won't be better than BF2 gameplay wise. BC2 doesn't even seem to have squads, you just spawn on any guy.. right? Is there VOIP to coordinate attacks? the videos just make BC2 to be too arcadish............ for PC.  For console BC2 seems fine, but not for PC. 

The graphics look nice, the sounds are cool in BC2... but gameplay wise.... I'm looking for BF2 plus more and not BF2 minus gameplay, but plus graphics and sound. There isn't even prone in the game right now, they say.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Unless its better on PS3 for any reason I will get it on that. Otherwise it is reserved for PC like all other FPS games.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By TheMustacheHero

PC.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrKlorox
    I'd make sure to play both first since the demos are coming in January. But I have a huge hunch that PC will be the better choice.

@Evilmetal:  Yes BC2 has squads. Just no squad LEADERS. You can spawn on anybody in your squad or on any captured point. BF2 is old and outdated.
    Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Boiglenoight

I'm interested to see how it fares on the PC.  Mouse and keyboard > all.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rockanomics

As a PC fan, and with a busted ass 360, I will certainly get it for PC. 

But I would say play it with whatever system you have more friends you can play with. 

If that doesn't really matter or play into the situation, there will supposedly be more stuff for the PC version.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

PC , no competition.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By CL60

PC.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC. Thank god Dice kept dedicated servers.
    Mu5hy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mu5hy

Definitely PC.  I'm in the PS3 beta, and its fun and all, and a really good game.  But, its the first time Ive attempted to seriously play a shooter on a console since Turok2 and Goldeneye on the N64. First two hours was just me cursing at how stupid it is to play a FPS with a controller (and then an hour of me laughing at console shooter players because of fucking auto-aim).

I think the game will be better on PC, as far as squad management and kit unlocks, and dedicated servers.... ahem.  And the built in VOIP will probably have a push to talk key and a way to mute other players unlike in the PS3 Beta where Ive actually quit playing because people in my squad have their mics on constantly without saying anything and that buzzing noise gave me a headache.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Mu5hy said:
    (and then an hour of me laughing at console shooter players because of fucking auto-aim).

and dedicated servers....
    ...I don't use auto-aim. Also, I believe they have dedicated servers for both consoles and PC.
    Mu5hy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mu5hy
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    "...I don't use auto-aim. Also, I believe they have dedicated servers for both consoles and PC. "

I'm pretty sure you're right about dedicated servers on the console side, its not the matchmaking/player hosting you find in mw2.

And good for you not using autoaim.  Like I said this was the first time I'd touched a console FPS in over 10 years, other than trying out the original Halo for about 10 minutes, and a bit of Gears of War at a friends house.  I just found it surprising that console shooters use a gameplay mechanic in the multiplayer that would be considered cheating in a PC shooter.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Mu5hy said:
    "  And the built in VOIP will probably have a push to talk key and a way to mute other players unlike in the PS3 Beta where Ive actually quit playing because people in my squad have their mics on constantly without saying anything and that buzzing noise gave me a headache. "
    One of the most convenient things in MW2 is the super easy ability to mute players. Just press Select/Back once toggle the score list, select the offending the player with the d-pad, press Cross/A to mute, then close the score list by pressing the toggle button again.

What is the behavior in the BC2 beta? Does it stay up upon toggle? Are you able to move, aim, and fire while the list is up? One thing I hated about BF1943 was that you were a sitting duck while checking the score.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.