Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

SPECACT Kits available to PC players

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

What's with the unnecessary hate? Really, there was no point in adding that.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

Finally, it only took what, 9 months? 

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By infininja
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

I lol'd at the shot at Nicholson.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @ajamafalous said:
    " I lol'd at the shot at Nicholson. "
    I concur.  

@Azteck said:
    " What's with the unnecessary hate? Really, there was no point in adding that. "
    Hey man, I am all with him. I don't know how long you've been here but when Giant Bomb started Jeff said that he doesn't want this web site to report every piece of news because the major web sites already take care of that. Bran N. (with all due respect) doesn't write articles and doesn't add anything beyond his copy and paste news thingy. Personally I think he totally unnecessary here but it's the guys web site and they decide who is part of them. 
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By infininja

Bran N. I've heard that cereal's good for your colon.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Evilmetal

wow... I thought they would have given them free for PC users.  $5.50 is a lot. They just want PC players to be content with giving money for stupid things, like skins. Then will come the pay for brief  "power-ups" ; ala P4F.

A few months ago I was playing on a 'hacked' server and was using the hidden kits. 

Also they are charging for BC2:V; but what happens if someone doesn't want it? Why do they force BC2:V to take up space on your hdd? The content is said to be on your PC if you updated to the new patch.  Why take up space if you're not going to use it? Either you give for free or you remove it. They are terrible.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Evilmetal

No Caption Provided
    well............. seems like a nice deal to me.......................................... $20 for 4 sets of skins and 12 awards, it's a steal.  With such low prices how can EA/DICE stay in business!?

(probably an error)
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mikemcn
    @Evilmetal: Its on steam? AWESOME! (Goes and buys two copies of Specat despite the price.)
    MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrGetBonus

Lmao, paying for skins on the PC? What is the world coming to..

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By alistercat
    @Evilmetal said
    "well............. seems like a nice deal to me.......................................... $20 for 4 sets of skins and 12 awards, it's a steal.  With such low prices how can EA/DICE stay in business!? (probably an error) "
    It's £20 in the UK! That's $31. I really hope it's a pricing error because... that is almost twice the cost of the game.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By infininja
    @Evilmetal: Shows as $5.99 for me.
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By weltal

Wow, from $20 to $6, what a deal! Clearly you must jump on this limited time offer.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Evilmetal
    @MrGetBonus said:
    " Lmao, paying for skins on the PC? What is the world coming to.. "
    Exactly.

It's these kinds of people EA is targeting with Battlefield Play 4 Free. First they start off with a skin pack. If you submit to the skin pack, then when BF:P4F comes out they'll say "mehhh, what's a buck for a power-up? nothin'... TEEEEHEEE, I'll bite!"  <-- just like that.

It just seems to me people are more of a sucker these days and because everyone else is seemingly a sucker, it's okay if you are one too... it's not. Everyone should say it as it is and not kiss ass.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Diamond

Are these the same skins that EA gave away on consoles with the Dr. Pepper code stuff that you could easily cheat?

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Alexander

Brad Nicholson wouldn't post this shit.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DG991
    @Evilmetal: I was just searching the site for this... 

WHAT .... 
    THE.... 
    FUCK.... 

I now regret pre ordering BC2:V... 

Fuck them and there fucking specat kit upgrade. 
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Evilmetal
    @DG991:  relax it was a pricing error... or you referred to the other things I said? 

You do what you wanna do. On Steam it is $6.00 . 

To me, I'm a PC player. EA/DICE didn't provide mod tools so that the community can make models or maps and then they go ahead and CHARGE for content. I can understand this for the consoles, because in general no body owning a console should expect to have the flexibility and power to create a mod and or content. However on a PC, it's standard; it's a known to have the ability to create.

Now they deviated and went ahead to charge for the skins that were already available in the single player game.  That's low. You paid for the content to be in single player, riiiight? "Oh silly you... you didn't pay for the content to work in multiplayer."     GTFO.

EA released an expansion for BF2, the special forces and it was its own thing. FINE no problem with that.  And BC2:V, same shit; it's its own thing.

However now with BC2:Vietnam, have you noticed how Vietnam is integrated into the user interface of BC2? I mean what fuck is that? Unless EA/DICE plans to give it for free down the road, it is insulting. They are trying to psychologically fuck with your mind so that you buy it. 

Are you, the gamer, that stupid? You know where BC2:V is located to buy online, if you want to buy the game you know where get it from. I don't intend to buy BC2:V, maybe if it's really cheap ~$5, but as of this moment I'm not going to buy it. So why are they putting it in my face and taking up space on my hdd with Vietnam when I haven't installed it and don't intend to?  They are doing things in a weird manner.

"ooohhhh.... it's their game blady bla bla..."    GTFO.... who has done this in the past? Nobody.    "For Gamers, By Gamers." -Interplay's slogan  back in the day

Today it's "For dumb gaming masses, by businessmen" - game companies today
    DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DG991
    @Evilmetal: Exactly. Sometimes I just have to suck it up and deal with it when businesses push me around, like Comcast for example...  

But with this bullshit I don't.  
    I can't believe they didn't release that for free to PC gamers... I don't care if it's $6 that is utter bullshit.  
    Also, integrating BC2:Vietnam into BC2 is bullshit. I impulse bought BC2:V after seeing it for $15... wish I hadn't done that only because I do not support being nickeled and dimed for things like that... no matter the price... it could be $0.50... I don't buy shit like that on principal. I paid full price for the game and the point of DLC is to add content to a game that just couldn't be fit in before release.  

12 awards, and 4 sets of class specific uniforms and weapons is NOT worth $6. That shit should be free.  I'm no console gamer.   

I do like the game though... That's why I purchased it for full price back then...but they better stop pushing me away with stuff like this or I won't come back.  
    I can live with only tf2. Hell if valve did stuff like this I could live with no games. I am a cheap ass PC gamer, but I will pay for quality content ONCE. 
    DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DG991
    @Gap: If you buy stuff like this your part of the problem.  

I rather buy a couple indie games for $6 then some half assed content that should be free. 
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By infininja

I don't understand the "how dare they integrate Vietnam into the game" comment. What's this all about? 

Also, Valve charges $15 for a hat.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DG991
    @Infininja:  They still give them out for free randomly, whoever buys shit in the store is an idiot. BTW, is it really $15 for a hat?!?! I haven't even looked.
    @Gap: Don't get me started on WoW... I have a problem with subscription fees to begin with so I'll never get to the point that I am paying money for in game items. 
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By infininja
    @DG991: Depending on the hat, yes, and some of the stuff is Mann Co. exclusive.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kishan6
    @Geno said:
    " Finally, it only took what, 9 months?  "
    ya we bettter get onslaught for free since we are getting it so late
    DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DG991
    @Infininja: Well that is some bullshit... I knew people were making like 60g's for making content but I didn't think it was exclusive and that expensive. 

Ugh I know why you did it valve but son, I am  disappoint.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrKlorox

The SPECACT pack is necessary for staying alive in the thick of battle as a Russian Medic. How they shipped the game with him having a bright red "SHOOT HERE" beret and a shitload of snow levels is beyond me.

And of course they know the medic is the only one worth having, so they remove the individual purchase options and make you buy them all together for 6 bucks.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @MrKlorox: Dude. YES. 

It reminds me of this:

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Evilmetal
    @Infininja said:

" I don't understand the "how dare they integrate Vietnam into the game" comment. What's this all about?  Also, Valve charges $15 for a hat. "

(in reference to PC)

My idea is why take up my hard drive space when I'm not going to buy it? But they put it there because they are hoping that via an 'impulse' one will buy it; since every time they will load up BC2, they will see "Vietnam" on the left side.  "Oh gosh darn it!, just a key code will let me join in..... oooooOOo the temptation!" That's what they are aiming for.  If they weren't then they should have a proper installer. So if someone buys it, they run the installer and they get the Vietnam content. 

Why should I have the Vietnam burden on my system if they are not going to give it to me for free?  

Those of you who have bought the Vietnam expansion, don't you think it's stupid that there are similar sound effects used for it that exist in BC2? The reload animations are the same. They put in as little effort as possible in making Vietnam and they want to get a lot of money for it.  THIS is today's game developer. Charging for content already made and paid for via DLC... all these gimmicks.   Taking advantage of the lack of mod-tools. They are treating the PC users as console users; just another bitch to steal from.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By infininja
    @Evilmetal said:
    " @Infininja said:

" I don't understand the "how dare they integrate Vietnam into the game" comment. What's this all about?  Also, Valve charges $15 for a hat. "

(in reference to PC)  My idea is why take up my hard drive space when I'm not going to buy it? But they put it there because they are hoping that via an 'impulse' one will buy it; since every time they will load up BC2, they will see "Vietnam" on the left side.  "Oh gosh darn it!, just a key code will let me join in..... oooooOOo the temptation!" That's what they are aiming for.  If they weren't then they should have a proper installer. So if someone buys it, they run the installer and they get the Vietnam content.   Why should I have the Vietnam burden on my system if they are not going to give it to me for free?    Those of you who have bought the Vietnam expansion, don't you think it's stupid that there are similar sound effects used for it that exist in BC2? The reload animations are the same. They put in as little effort as possible in making Vietnam and they want to get a lot of money for it.  THIS is today's game developer. Charging for content already made and paid for via DLC... all these gimmicks.   Taking advantage of the lack of mod-tools. They are treating the PC users as console users; just another bitch to steal from. "
    You hurt any legitimate arguments you have by calling console users just bitches to steal from.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Evilmetal
    @Infininja said:

" @Evilmetal said:

" @Infininja said:

(in reference to PC)  My idea is why take up my hard drive space when I'm not going to buy it? But they put it there because they are hoping that via an 'impulse' one will buy it; since every time they will load up BC2, they will see "Vietnam" on the left side.  "Oh gosh darn it!, just a key code will let me join in..... oooooOOo the temptation!" That's what they are aiming for.  If they weren't then they should have a proper installer. So if someone buys it, they run the installer and they get the Vietnam content.   Why should I have the Vietnam burden on my system if they are not going to give it to me for free?    Those of you who have bought the Vietnam expansion, don't you think it's stupid that there are similar sound effects used for it that exist in BC2? The reload animations are the same. They put in as little effort as possible in making Vietnam and they want to get a lot of money for it.  THIS is today's game developer. Charging for content already made and paid for via DLC... all these gimmicks.   Taking advantage of the lack of mod-tools. They are treating the PC users as console users; just another bitch to steal from. "
    You hurt any legitimate arguments you have by calling console users just bitches to steal from. "
    ... that's how THEY see the users. There is no more of this mentality of user and developer taking advice and suggestions. It's all a sham.  The only place it exists is with small developers and mod makers. Once a developer goes corporate it's all about the $$$ and nothing more.

Also an easy way for you to not reply to the whole thing, you made that comment. It's okay.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Evilmetal
    @drag: 

heh...  how they paid ~ $6 for already paid for content.

On the consoles, they had the Dr. Pepper promotion and people used the universal code to get them for free. Such a promotion does not exist for the PC, so no free skins. So sometimes you read on the forum "Oh the SPECACT skins are worth it" ... but they fail to mention how they are an Xbox360 user and how they got them for free via the Dr. Pepper promotion.

Some people use the excuse that they are "supporting the developer" . It's bullshit. I bought the full version, what did I do there? Steal from them? I'm an evil henchman for buying their game? I thought I was a VIP.

Tripwire Interactive, with their game Killing Floor, has skin packs for $1.99. That's a small developer and they try to make some side money with those skin packs they release with each patch/update they release for it.  They (as a whole , including developers) seem more in contact with the community. Plus they are also a PC only developer. One does not have to buy them, I didn't, but if someone has extra cash they want to give to them, they can.

EA is a multi-million dollar company. You think they need handouts? 

One of EA's stated goals is to get micro-transactions to become the norm, within their products. You see step by step how they are going to that model. In the future, when a minority buys into it, they'll claim "Great success" and  proclaim that they will do more of it. Not because the majority like it, but because it fits their goals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.