Bioshock Infinite will have a reversible cover!

• 146 results
#1 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

It's been announced that Bioshock Infinite will have a reversible cover! Ken Levine has uploaded 6 designs on Irrational's site we can all vote on right now and if that's not enough, Ken is going to upload even more covers later we can print out ourselves.

Design #1

Design #2

Design #3

Design #4

Design #5

Design #6

Poll closes on December 19th, so get on it duders! http://irrationalgames.com/insider/poll/

I voted on number 4 myself, because goddamn it if that does not look rad.

#2 Posted by Ulain (315 posts) -

I am loving some #4 and #6. Whats the site to vote?

#3 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

I'm liking design 4.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

Fuck man Elizabeth is the most strikingly beautiful female character I've seen in some time. I vote #5 I want her on my cover.

#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Ulain: It's at the end of my post.

#6 Edited by gkhan (432 posts) -

First one is the best, easily. And I'm not even saying that because of the very visible cleavage.

EDIT: The fourth one hadn't loaded for me until I refreshed. Yeah, that's the best one.

#7 Posted by laserbolts (5321 posts) -

Greatt now the whiners can stop bitching about a video game cover. I'd go with #4 out of those. They all look pretty sweet though.

#8 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Remove Elizabeth and I'd vote for #3.

#9 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10990 posts) -

Yay!

I voted for design 4. Looks rad!

Is robot bird guy throwing up the devil horns in design 4? ROCK!

(I know it's not, but still.)

#10 Posted by BaconGames (3397 posts) -

Y'all are crazy, 2 is where it's at, especially since its box art. I agree that 4 and 6 are cool too but man, 2 tells me everything I need to know and also to play that fucking video game.

I wonder how many votes 3 will get given that it's the same ass shit.

#11 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Definitely number 4. Love the color and look.

#12 Posted by believer258 (11895 posts) -

This is no contest. Number 4

#13 Posted by chainreaction01 (177 posts) -

I like #2 the best but more as a poster design rather than something that I'd put as a video game cover. For that I would have to agree on #4, reminds me like a cover for a novel which is a nice contrast compared the reversed side of it.

#14 Posted by BoG (5188 posts) -

4 is so delicious.

#15 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I didn't care for #3 or #5 because they look pretty standard for action games. I voted for #4; it's awesome looking, and stands out.

#16 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

#4 is dope. The orange is really striking.

#17 Posted by JadeGL (861 posts) -

4,5,6 are awesome, but I think 4 may be my favorite.

#18 Edited by BaconGames (3397 posts) -

Wait, I'm just going to buy this through the internet anyway, so either way I can make the box in my Steam list whatever picture I want.

#19 Posted by pyromagnestir (4323 posts) -

@uniform said:

Remove Elizabeth and I'd vote for #3.

Isn't that basically the actual regular cover if you remove her?

It's good to see everyone here's taste align's with mine, I'm liking me some #4. 6 is pretty sweet too.

#20 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

4 is great.

#21 Posted by Bucketdeth (8010 posts) -

@BaconGames said:

Y'all are crazy, 2 is where it's at, especially since its box art. I agree that 4 and 6 are cool too but man, 2 tells me everything I need to know and also to play that fucking video game.

I wonder how many votes 3 will get given that it's the same ass shit.

I'm with you on that, 2 is awesome.

#22 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

Really? Everyone loves 4? I do not like that at all.

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Design #3

Design #5

Aren't these pretty much the same cover?

#24 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

Four is amazing. Six is no slouch either.

#25 Posted by Bucketdeth (8010 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Yes, and they look way too similar to the original cover in my opinion.

#26 Posted by Pr1mus (3904 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Design #3

Design #5

Aren't these pretty much the same cover?

5 is better because of additional lens flares.

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Bucketdeth:

I thought #3 was the original cover.

#28 Edited by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

I think they all look terrible... I voted for 5 because thats the one I ended up randomly clicking on.

Also I think 4 is one of the worst ones on there.

#29 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

3 is better because less flag burning, more giant blimp..Flying through the sky so fancy free.

#30 Edited by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Number 3 is great even if it's half the original cover, 2 looks fancy as well but I don't know if I would go out of my way to print one so is great one of these is will be reversible

#31 Posted by Bucketdeth (8010 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Bucketdeth:

I thought #3 was the original cover.

Basically is, BUT WITH ADDED FEMALE.

#32 Posted by Zippedbinders (992 posts) -

4 is amazing, it directly reflects the style of novel illustrations and political cartoons of that era. Its also damn awesome looking, seems to be winning on the current poll too.

#33 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I don't understand why people care about box art. The spine is the only thing you actually really see in a collection.

This stuff is nice, but I will not be reversing the cover, actually wait, I won't even have one because I'll buy it on PC.

#34 Posted by awesomeusername (4183 posts) -

@Demoskinos: #5 is actually a real chick. They paid her just like what Grasshopper/Warner did with Jessica Nigri with Lollipop Chainsaw. Proof. She's pretty fucking gorgeous. nwbchbkewubvc nwad290her43894jwdm

#35 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

That 'thing' in 6? What is that? Is that the new Big Daddy?

#36 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

4 is the best, and 6 isn't too bad either.

#37 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@Sooty said:

I don't understand why people care about box art.

People like having nice looking things regardless of how meaningless it may be.

#38 Posted by Jay_Ray (1097 posts) -

4 then 2 then 6

#39 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Gizmo: Basically! I believe it's called Songbird.

#40 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

It's all about 6.

#41 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -
@awesomeusername Oh yeah I saw that last week sometime. Even the in game model of Elizibeth is pretty too.
#42 Posted by TobbRobb (4639 posts) -

4 is the best one by far if that doesn't win, I vote for 6. The rest range from mediocre to terrible.

#43 Posted by mosespippy (4165 posts) -

The last time I was promised reversible cover art I got blank white as the other side. Now I'm stuck with that shit ICO/SotC collection cover art.

#44 Posted by Wacomole (819 posts) -

I must admit I'm surprised at so many people liking number 4.

As a piece of concept art, yes the image of Songbird perched overlooking the city I believe is great as a starting point for something that was going to be worked into a proper bit of imagery. But as a finished piece of artwork, it doesn't appeal to me much.

Different things appeal to different people though, and that's cool too.

#45 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

4 reminds me of the Resistance 3 cover.

#46 Posted by HowDire (269 posts) -

4 or 6

#47 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Are game covers really that important to gamers? I am curious because I see people who get upset over covers.

#48 Edited by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

@MoleyUK said:

I must admit I'm surprised at so many people liking number 4.

As a piece of concept art, yes the image of Songbird perched overlooking the city I believe is great as a starting point for something that was going to be worked into a proper bit of imagery. But as a finished piece of artwork, it doesn't appeal to me much.

Different things appeal to different people though, and that's cool too.

You're exactly right. I think people are going "look how different it looks, it must be great" when the image is actually kind of a mess in terms of composition. Most of these are. People are making the Brad Mistake, which is going "this must have artistic value beyond the normal because it looks different". The only one that actually works with the font treatment is the third one (which is essentially the basic cover). Some of them just look slapdash and lazy (1 looks like they just cropped out a Liz picture and put it on a gradient) and others just ... they don't work from a compositional, directing the eye standpoint. 2 and 6 probably come closest. 5 is a mess.

4 might work if they lose the background image of the floating city in the left portion and replace it or leave it blank. Maybe move Songbird a little lower, and closer.

#49 Posted by Zippedbinders (992 posts) -

@Sooty said:

I don't understand why people care about box art. The spine is the only thing you actually really see in a collection.

This stuff is nice, but I will not be reversing the cover, actually wait, I won't even have one because I'll buy it on PC.

As an illustrator, or in more accurate terms, "someone who spends a lot of time drawing and thinking about composition, narrative in art, and color schemes", box art is pretty important to me. I understand that the game itself is the real meat and potatoes, however, the box art is something that exists to fill many purposes. There's no narrative in many game boxes nowadays, no visual story being conveyed other than "here is a dude, there is action" or "here is a dude's close up face" or "here is a dude and he looks solemn". There's a real lack of actual artistry being done for games and movies like this, novels too. Everything decent is relegated to fancy repackaging (like those amazing Barns and Noble classics). They should exist to not only catch your attention, but to tell you what you need to know (who is this about, what are they doing, or what are they looking for), and then it makes you ask further questions, ideally enough to make you care and buy it.

However, none of that shit means anything anymore, its all name recognition and advertising.

#50 Posted by TobbRobb (4639 posts) -

@Brodehouse:@Brodehouse said:

You're exactly right. I think people are going "look how different it looks, it must be great" when the image is actually kind of a mess in terms of composition. Most of these are. People are making the Brad Mistake, which is going "this must have artistic value beyond the normal because it looks different".

Or you know. It looks good. To the eye. I like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.